“Good stay close to all the shops.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andaman Phuket Hotel

You added Andaman Phuket Hotel to your Saves list
Andaman Phuket Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34/73-76 Prachanukhro Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #133 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“Good stay close to all the shops.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great central location close to all the shops and night markets.
There was no replys to the emails I sent but it was all good.
A/C was not enough to cool the room fast enough and my phone and ipad want charging for some reaons. Kept cutting out.
Would consider coming back again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
Eilat, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

After spending 6 nights 14-20/01/15 I can say waste of time.
3 years ago I was in ASPERY hotel just across the street, ANDAMAN hotel was renovated this time, and I was definitely sure that next time I will visit there.
UN fortunately it was not good at all in many ways.
Room: at the first time we arrive I saw that water pressure is changing all the time for cold to hot water without control…
I call the operator which promise to send their engineer, I am still waiting.
All week (I and my friends at the 3rd floor) suffer from bad stream and bad bathroom shower.
Pool: I swim only once and it was enough,
Too many chloral in the water you can't think about open your eyes, the edge of the pool was very dirty and UN pleasant to swim.
Dining room: very good verity of food but one morning I come at 10:10AM to eat, the waiters close the buffet and refused ti make me an omelet???
I show her my watch and she smiled and said: OK I will prepare for you……
I work in the business and know exactly how things goes,,,, but hello
Rest of the things is OK and not more.
Hope that you will improve my comments

Haim Simelmits

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here with my parents and boyfriend (my mum and dad have returned to this hotel for a second time) staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great and lovely sized rooms :). The owner Terry is a great guy, he is making lots of changes to the place so it can only get better! Cant wait to come back next year!

• Stayed September 2014
London UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed in this hotel last year on two occasions and thought it was excellent and have recommended it widely. I therefore booked to stay again this year, very much looking forward to it. I booked 2 visits - one before and one after a 4 day diving trip. First stay the room was as excellent as last year - no issues whatsoever. Unfortunately the adjacent Citin Plaza hotel has decided to hold outdoor dinners every evening with very loud music that runs all evening till 11pm - OK that's not late (especially for Patong) but one of the selling points of this hotel for me is being quiet, yet close to the central area of Patong. You cant escape the music and it is the usual dreadful wailing covers of Abba, Elvis, Roy Orbison etc - dreadful. Why oh why do resorts think people like this sort of dross? The 'audience' was virtually non existent - who would want to be subject to this while trying to have dinner?

I feel sorry for the Andaman Phuket - they are subject to this presumably without choice, as are other hotels in this once quiet area. Anti social on the party of Citin Plaza and I hope someone can convince them to stop this daily anti social racket! Last time I stayed at the Andaman they had a very talented pianist in their bar playing each evening (unobtrusive if you didn't want to listen and pleasant if you wanted to dine with gentle background music) - no chance now given the racket of out of tune Abba covers coming from across the road.

On my return I asked for a room on the other side of the hotel to escape the Citin Plaza music. 'No problem' I was told and as a returning/repeat customer who I thought was valued I assumed all would be fine. On my return from an exhausting 4 day trip I wanted nothing more than to relax in one of the lovely rooms at the Andaman Phuket - except I was given a small room (despite having paid for the normal sized rooms that I had stayed in before) that had a small bed, peeling/worn paint on the walls, and had some sort of contraption strapped to the outside wall that made the most horrendous noise when it kicked into action (which happened several times) - loud enough to have to really crank up the TV volume and impossible to sleep through. See the attached pics.

I called reception to ask for a new room or a partial refund given that I had paid for a large room. Both requests were denied, but I was offered free dinner in the restaurant which I grudgingly accepted given that I was told there was no other option - until going downstairs only to see an empty restaurant and of course the blasting Abba from across the road (the restaurant/bar area is open to the street in usual Thai style) - not an enticing prospect for dinner. One beer was all I could face and I so decided to write it off as a bad job and went to bed feeling pretty cheated and disappointed that my night of rest at what used to be my favourite hotel in Patong was clearly not going to happen - is this really the way a returning/repeat customer should be treated? I don't think so, and so I wont be returning.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front of the hotel if you want to rest before 11pm. Avoid the small room I had...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
RIC162, Owner at Andaman Phuket Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Well Phil, I so sorry that you have decided to write this review in this way.
I agree with everything you say about The Citin Hotel, we have asked on a number of occasions that they turn down the noise, which they do for 1 or 2 nights then back up it goes.
We do not have a pianist now because he gets drowned out by the racket from Citin
I will keep contacting the management of Citin til they can see sense
When you requested another room, unfortunately because we are full most of the time, the only room available was the small room we keep for emergencies, which we have since painted.
The noise that disturbed you, was from the exhaust fan of my Restaurant's Kitchen below, it is very noisy and I have instructed my kitchen staff NOT to operate after 7pm.
I do hope you return to The Andaman Phuket Hotel and because you have been a long time guest, if you contact me personally ric@andamanphukethotel.com I will organise 1 free night on your next stay with us at the other end of the Hotel away from Citin and 1 COMPLIMENTARY day diving on my Dive Boat The Similan Queen.
My policy and that of the Hotel is......... we always try to make our guests stay a pleasant one,
but we cannot control the Citin RACKET.
The reason I have taken so long to respond to your review is, that TRIPADVISOR would not allow me to LOGON and HAVE NOT REPONDED to one of my MANY emails.
I think there is only this website with NO ONE checking emails
BAD PERFORMANCE FROM TRIPADVISOR

I hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Ric White
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We've been to Phuket a few times and this has definitely been our best accommodation yet. The staff were absolutely great. The rooms and whole hotel very clean and the food in the
restaurant just outstanding. Can't wait to see you all again next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ric W, Owner at Andaman Phuket Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I wish to thank Johan for this wonderful review. My staff work very hard to make our guests feel comfortable, relaxed and like part of our family, we endeavour to do everything we can to make their stay memorable.
We hope you return to us as soon as possible, so that WE can enjoy YOUR company again.
Let me know when you are coming and I will have YOUR bike waiting here for you, cleaned and ready to go.

On behalf of the whole team here at THE ANDAMAN PHUKET HOTEL

Ric
Owner of The Andaman Phuket Hotel
and Similan Queen Diving Centers
New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

It may be just a stones throw from the markets, but you will think it is an entirely different part of town. Tucked away from the main roads, this little gem get little to no street noise and is simple enough to find your way back once you start venturing out by yourself so no real fear of getting lost. The staff were very helpful and quite friendly (even locking yourself out of thwe room at 2am, they still managed a polite smile and warm greeting). I probably spent more time chatting with them than anyone else there, helping me with the finer points of the Thai language, directions and what to beware of when you venture out after dark. The food I found to be top notch which made me wish I had eaten there more often, and the fruit juices were probably some of the best I have had in a long time. The air conditioned rooms were clean and tidy and the beds comfortable with nice thick curtains. You may not think about it but after a long night, come back and put air con on and make sure the curtains are pulled shut then fall asleep, you will wake up in the afternoon, in the dark and not know what time it is except from the small rays of sunlight from around the edge of the curtains. All in all I found it to be a relaxing and comfortable place to stay, good food and a great location with really friendly staff. If life ever sends be back Thailands way, I know where I'll be staying, without a doubt.

Thankyou to Ric and the crew.

Room Tip: High floors are closer to the spa, pool and sauna.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ric W, Owner at Andaman Phuket Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Well I am obviously very happy with this review and I thank AKO for taking the time to review our Hotel.
My staff all try very hard to be courteous and helpful to all our guests and from this review, we can see it is being recognised.

We look forward very much to your return

Ric White
Owner
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This place is away from the hustle and bustle of the main drag so it's quiet but not too far from the entertainment of Bangla Rd or whatever else takes your fancy.
Everything is new. The staff are excellent. Food is great, just a pity not more people see it from the road.
So if you want a great nights sleep, good food and happy smiling faces you can't beat it.
It has WiFi, a safe in the room, cater for all side tours and they own their own dive boat at Chalong Bay if you want to go and experience scuba diving!!!
They have brand new motorbikes to hire.
Simon Cabaret is a 3 minute walk away.
Beach is a 5 minute walk, most of the time you can have the pool to yourself though.
Bangla Rd and Jung Ceylon are a 200baht ($7US) taxi ride away.
can't recommend highly enough.
Always my preferred choice from now on in Patong!!!

Room Tip: Can't beat Floor 5....bigger balconies!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ric W, Owner at Andaman Phuket Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I want to thank "VIKING" I got to meet him on his stay with us, so I know his name.
We always try very hard to look after everyone who comes to stay with us.
If you have a problem, then it is OUR problem, having said that, Mr Viking was very complimentary about our hotel and his short stay, he was in our restaurant every night and enjoyed the food and especially our Australian and French wines.
He hired one of our motorbikes and travelled around the area and also went out on our DIVE BOAT the "PRAPIS 12" to Racha yai the day before he left.
I am pleased that we are now his "preferred choice" when he next visits our Hotel.
Our new website will be operational in about 3 weeks (5th-10th September) so I hope everyone will take a look at it and book their next holiday with us online and also come DIVING or SNORKELLING with the SIMILAN QUEEN DIVING CENTER.

Ric
OWNER

Been to Andaman Phuket Hotel? Share your experiences!