“The first and the last will be staying here.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Andaman Phuket Hotel

You added Andaman Phuket Hotel to your Saves list
Andaman Phuket Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34/73-76 Prachanukhro Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #91 of 278 Hotels in Patong
“The first and the last will be staying here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Overall was good but the last day had to change room due to electrical problems. The staff were friendly but they is hard to communicate with them in English... Check out day- they ask us to pay the 2 mineral bottles but we had paid and he insist us to pay again, after i showed the reciept he still doesnt believe... Then we just walk off

• Stayed October 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was recommended this hotel from a friend, as he has been to Phuket several times. It is about a 5 minute walk from Patong beach, but far enough to grant you some peace and quiet away fom the busy townlife.

The rooms are clean and spacious, the staff is very helpful. They try hard to accomodate you, and will work to find solutions to your needs. The hotel is located in a seemingly safe and friendly neighbourhood. It has an elevator, restaurant, swimmingpool, tours. The breakfast is very basic, with only two choices. My wife and I were there off season, and enjoyed especially the pool with jacuzzi at the rooftop.

On the downside, a bit noisy aircon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Had my first time visit to Phuket and it turned out great staying at Andaman Phuket Hotel.
* The staff are friendly and helpful.
* Room is clean and value for the money spent,
* The Restaurant provides food that's cheap and nice (we compared prices around the city and main course almost always cost more than 100 baht and the main course in the Hotel's restaurant costs around 100 baht which is considered cheap to us, breakfast was nice too
* Near Patong Beach, Jungceylon (the biggest shopping centre in Phuket), Simon Caberat Show, Bangla Road which is famous for nightlife!
* There was a day in which there was no water supply but the problem was solved a immediately after our complain! We were so surprised with their efficiency!
* A rather new hotel and thus we have the swimming pool and sauna to ourselves.
I would recommend this place to anyone who intend to spend money for visiting rather than to have a luxurious accommodation in Phuket. It is a boutique hotel but definitely valued for the money spent!

Room Tip: *get one that breakfast is included because it is way cheaper compared to if you were to get a room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had an Ezystays voucher for the Baumanburi for 7 days, but they couldn't get me a reservation on the date I wanted so they moved me to the Amata. 2 weeks before my departure they moved me to the Andaman Phuket Hotel, saying they had bad feedback from Amata travellers.

The Andaman was undergoing renovation. The room was OK - neat and clean, but did not have the facilities of the Baumanburi. I requested to Ezystays a transfer to a different hotel and it always took 2 days for a reply. In the end it got to the end of our trip and no transfer.

We also had a Phi Phi Island and Scuba lesson included in the deal. The Phi Phi Island trip was on a transport ferry and we did go there, but only for an hour. We stopped at three other ports to pick up and drop off passengers. We thought the scuba session was happening the same day but it never happened. It was hard to book the inclusions because a member of staff was only there at 1pm-3pm and sometimes no one was there. They also had me down checking out a day early and no airport transfer back to the airport. I am currently still trying to arrange this, it has been going or 3 hours so far...

I would recommend booking via Internet or looking at Phuket.com as recommended by one of our taxi drivers. And organise day trips once at Phuket. Because we went in low season the price saving was not as advertised and I think I may have paid more for this accommodation. I will be following this up when I get home... :(

But back to the Andaman:
Positives....
Staff were friendly and spoke basic English
The pool area is OK but due to renovations there were workers up there
It's about 10-15min walk to the beach
Hotel is clean and has air conditioning

Negatives...
The showers flood
The beds are very very hard

If you don't plan on spending much time at the hotel this is ideal. If you have any back/neck issues you won't be able to sleep! :)

Room Tip: Shop around for accommodation
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed during low-season so we got a fairly good price and could use the whole pool area (including saunas, jacuzzi and swimming pool) mostly for ourselves. However, the whole place was poorly maintained and located in an eventless area. The pool will have decayed in a short time, probably. No plus for the meal options either. Considering the price we paid, it worked for two days, but not more than that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed here for 10 days at the beginning of July, in a deluxe room, and I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. You have to get your bearings very quickly in order to direct taxi and tuc tuc drivers to the hotel, as none of them seem to know where it is. The free internet was excellent and the rooms were decent sized and clean, and yes the beds were on the hard side, but that is quite normal for Thailand. The view from the balcony was definitely not the best, but at least they had balconies, which is handy for the smokers out there. The included breakfast was adequate but definitely not worth writing home about and the food tended to be on the cool side. If you visit the Hotel restaurant for a meal from their a la carte menu, or one of their set menus, then you will be pleasantly surprised. The food is excellent and very good value for money. They also run a complimentary bus into Patong which is always a bonus. It is also within easy walking distance to shopping and has taxis easily available just on the main road from the hotel. If you don't like dogs, then beware - there are quite a few of them hanging around in the area. The staff keep them out of the hotel, but you can't easily avoid them when you venture out onto the roadway, although they are friendly enough and don't approach you. Overall I found this to be a good place to stay and very good value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here as we were transfered from the Baan Yuree - which I guess happens alot with ezistays! Its a nice new hotel so its clean and tidy. The rooms are a good size, as is the bathroom. As other people have said the shower leaks so watch out. The bed is firm but most beds in Asia are.
The staff were helpful when they can be and one of the lady's at the desk was nice enough to get a stamp for me and post my post cards, which was lovely.
Breakfast was standard and since its included in the price I had no complaints. On the last day we were there they had cereal - which I wish we had the whole time but oh well.
Though its not close the center of Patong it doesnt matter that much as its very easy to get a taxi and its the standard price of 200 baht for any one trip - so no drama at all.
The restaraunt was a let down - most of the menu wasnt available and the food we had really wanst that good. But there are plenty of places around to go get food.
The pool area was nice, on the roof and was usually very quite. There was also a sauna and some gym equipment.
One of the days my husband was sick in bed, as you have to put your key in the slot to keep the electricity on I had to leave the key and either leave the door open or I had to get my hubby out of bed to let me in. I asked about getting a second key but they dont have any. Most places its standard to have 2 as a matter of conveniance.
All in all not a bad place to say, just some small inprovments and it could be a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Andaman Phuket Hotel? Share your experiences!