“Good and hearty food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
BNEAust
“Good and hearty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

If you like sport and pub food this is a great place to eat and watch sport on TV. We have been to Thailand 4 times and always visit Irish Times for a couple of meals. I have dietary issues (celiac) and they are able to modify the menu to cater to my needs. The staff are efficient and orders are processed quickly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best place in patong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Went there for the first time 3 years ago and I keep coming back,the staff are so friendly and the owners too.Iv eaten there every day of the 8 holidays I've taken there and quite often twice a day.Its in prime position in the shopping district an close to the nightlife of Bangla road.Anyone iv met raves about this place and always promises to come back and it's usually the central meeting point nightly for me and my travelling mates.A must see for any travellers to patong and a great relaxing warm up for the night ahead

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“Sunday Carvery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've been here a few times, and my experiences have been mixed but over all good. This time we went for Easter Dinner on a Sunday as they offer the all you can eat Sunday Carvery. My companion and I are vegetarians, however holiday dinners for us have always consisted of the potatoes and veg, rolls and puddings so we weren't put off despite not being able to sample the carvery itself.

At 449 Baht per person (including a teeny glass of wine) it's a fancy night out for the likes of us expats, but we were excited to fill ourselves with sides reminiscent of home. (We did go out on a limb and ask if it would be less since we weren't partaking in the meat, sadly it was the same price, but we expected that.) They didn't disappoint. The creamy cauliflower was the highlight for me, while my friend was in love with the Yorkshire puddings. Loved the availability of sauces (although my friend asked me to note that the horse radish was "not very horse-radishy")

All in all it was a nice holiday dinner, and a meat eater would certainly be able to get their moneys worth.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Went in here the other night for a drink while on holiday ...we've been in Thailand now for nearly a fortnight and have thrown ourselves into the Thai lifestyle and the fantastic Thai food on offer ...but there comes a point when you just need some good old western cooking ..saw the BBQ ribs being delivered to another table and that was enough to swing it for me ...they looked fantastic ...so ribs ,fries and coleslaw it was to be ...they didn't disappoint ..the meat fell off the ribs which were coated in loads of sticky finger licking BBQ sauce ..the size has to be seen to be believed , I ate all mine but was stuffed and satisfied at the end ..but the wife couldn't finish hers and had to admit defeat :)
Great atmosphere ..they had a band on and excellent service ..would 100% recommend .

“Owners that care”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We loved this place dispite us not giving them 5s across the board. I briefly met the owner who cared about every detail to offer a cleaner than usual version of an Irish bar. The presentation of everything from the public areas to the food was better than experienced by us in any other Irish pub worldwide. Ok, One of our dishes was massively over seasoned but hey, the bar was packed full, and we all make mistakes now and again. We will be back for more of their Irishness. Well done.

• 3 of 5 stars Food