We are a young couple travelling around Thailand for several weeks now and decided to stop by Patong for our final nights. We saw this Ice Cream shop highly ranked through TA and decided to pay a visit.
- Nice & clean indoor seating area with air conditioning
- Extensive menu with creative ice cream variations
- Several flavours, but nothing out of this world
- The waitress' service was not that great, despite their french maid outfits
- When we asked to have a particular item off of the kid's menu for an adult that liked the combination and simply did not want to have a large portion of ice cream, the waitress said that she could only give that to children and that if we wanted to get the same one, she would double the price for the same size ice cream sundae to make it adult-suitable. When I asked if they could compensate for additional ice cream or something else, she said no.
- Simarly, when we asked if we could have the a particular ice cream in a particular sundae, they said we could swap with any flavours in the set menu instead of what was listed for what we would want. When we chose the sundae, they then said, we could swap with any of the other sundaes EXCEPT the one we selected. Pretty much leading us to go for a more expensive sundae.
- There was a mix up amongst the different waitresses as there were several of them taking our order and when we received an order that was not ours, rather the table over from us, they were agitated when we told them it was not our order.
Altogether, if you're looking for a bit of variety for a dessert post-lunch or dinner then have a go at this place. We simply did not find it to be worth all the hype.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
February 14, 2013
Dear Keg, yes I do remember you- as it took you very long for ordering and several stuff had to come to look after you. Your are the self apointed expert who also rate "Swensens" as s decent Icecream parlor- where everybody knows they produce industrial icecream with less than 6% real ingridients.- Well done.
Report response as inappropriate
And yes you are right- our KIDS menue is only for KIDS! thats why we serve it for half price to support families and childrens- not for adults. And yes the "small apetite" menue with the low price is not for change as it is radical calculated. But we do have a extensive individual menue where you can put together what and how many icecream you want- but you did not want to choose from it as it was to expensive for you. We do have one scoop TAKE AWAY icecream- affordable for everybody but you did not wanted that too. But sit inside and enjoy aircondition, free mineral water, free chocolate wavers, free magazines, daily free newspaper in 3 languages, free high speed wifi - and obviously free toilet and refreshment.... but complaining you dont get a kids menue for half of the price than regular icecream.... Keg- really! thanks again for that well thought statement. Go on and enjoy Swensens next time again.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.