Clearly, the only attraction for staying here would be the location. Its handy to both the shopping mall and Bangla Road in Patong. But thats really about it.
Its a new hotel, but the cracks are already starting to appear. The housekeepers do a terrible job of cleaning - both the rooms and common areas. Our room was poorly cleaned the entire time we were there, and nothing was refreshed - so we had to wash our drinking glasses in the bathroom sink. The light fixutres are falling apart and no longer fit into the walls, the beds are on wheels so move about at any point and there were power cuts during out stay.
The hotel is also constructed purely out of concrete and tiled flooring. This means the entire place echos. We were kept awake all night with slamming of doors, loud music and drunken hotel guests. Everything echos, and the noise does not stop untill 6am in the morning.
I have to also note the type of guest this hotel attracts is your typical back packer. While it says it is a resort, its not really so. The type of people that stayed here were rude, obnoxious and arrogant. If you want to stay in a friendly environment, forget it, this place has nothing to offer.
Lastly, the check out. This took over 45 minutes because the hotel manager just didnt know anything. It took them 25 minutes to inspect our room to see if we had used anything from the mini bar. We asked for the final bill, and we were informed everything had already been paid - i assumed though credit card. Then moments before our airport transfers arrives, they come yelling say we still owe them money. We happily pay, and then receive our final statement saying all is paid. Then on the way to the airport, i assume the driver gets a call, pulls over and this women comes banging up to the door demanding more money. I show her the final bill yet she claims we owe the hotel MORE money. We had no choice but to pay, otherwise the shuttle wouldn't go. The rudeness of the this hotel was astonishing. Totally unprofessional and not worth the money we spent.
Also, do NOT trust their room rates. They charge locals a far cheaper price and we saw many other guests paying exorbitant prices for a 2 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lantern Resort Patong is 4 STAR with 3 swimming pools. We have variety of roomtypes ranging from studio pent ( superior) , Deluxe view pent, Honeymoon pool access pent, to Luxury Pent. Our hotel has three swimming pools. Two swimming pools are on ground floor and one swimming pools is privately on Top floor with seaview. Our La Lantern Restaurant serve international Buffet and all day dining a-la-carte and room service. While staying with us, many guests enjoy spa mnu at Glow spa. We are famous in Thai massage and massage for beauty. Our location is another outstanding point as we located in the heart of Patong which you can easily access to Patong beach, shopping mall, Banzan day market, and famous Bangla Night walking street in lss than 5 minutes walk. Whether you come for business or leisure, welcome you as our special guests. Enjoy with th Lantern Resort Patong. Sawasdee Kaa (sawasde= Thai greeting) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your The Lantern Resorts Patong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lantern Resorts Patong Hotel Patong
- The Lantern Resorts Patong Phuket