“Didnt impress me this time.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Terrazzo Ristorante Bar

Terrazzo Ristorante Bar
52 Thaweewong Road | Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
+66 76 370 200
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 391 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Authentic and traditional Italian cuisine. Great pizza cooked in a wood fire pizza oven, home made pasta and great fresh seafood. Open air terrace seating with views across the Patong Beach road to Patong Beach. Friendly service and separate cocktail bar. Open for lunch and dinner every day, bar stays open until late.
Shellharbour, Australia
“Didnt impress me this time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Holiday Inn is our ultimate favourite resort - 12 trips to Phuket - 9 stays here at the resort. I have eaten at this restaurant before and have walked away impressed. This time I was a little dissappointed. I will concede that in January it is peak season and you are dealing with clientelle that have very strong beleifs in customer service ie: seating themselves without first acknowleging front of house, this caused a bit of problems which then slowed down initial service. Intial service was really slow tonight and staff seemed to be pre occuppied.

Meals and drinks arrived within record time. Tonight I needed a plain cheese rissotto without mushrooms (she hates mushrooms) as my daughter has an allergy. They obliged, but it was just tastless. No cheese, walnuts or oil as indicated on the menu. I had to add a large amount of cheese and salt/pepper for some taste. I do not expect any restauarant to change their menu for allergy sufferes, but you need to serve measl with some form of taste. The bolognaise was okay, but the spaghetti in the carbonara was clumped together. Again salt and pepper was needed to add a bit of pizzaz to the food.

We were also seated next to four people who just coninued to smoke. I dont think they ever took a clear breath You may need to look at a clear break in the areas deemed smoking/non smoking.

Price is okay as is the type of food on offer. Serving sizes are good for an average eater.

I hate to say this but I have eaten at much better italian restaurants on this trip and when I return to Phuket in July, this will be last on my list.
Sorry you did not impress me tonight.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
layberry, Manager at Terrazzo Ristorante Bar, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear "Kylee D"

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed and constructive feedback with us. As you have mentioned, January is very busy time, but this should not impact on the standard and experience we deliver to our guests and I am sorry that your experience was not quite as enjoyable as your previous visits. Your comments with regards the quality and seasoning of some of the dishes are very well received, thank you, and I will personally follow up in this respect with the Chef.

I do hope, when you are back in July, that you will be able to give us another opportunity to demonstrate our normally very high standards and great food. Please stay in touch, and let me know in the meantime if there is anything with which I can help.

Franschhoek, South Africa
“Great place to watch the world go by!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stop just to have a drink but in the end we stayed for dinner.
We definitely go back again on our next trip.

Visited August 2012
layberry, Manager at Terrazzo Ristorante Bar, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear "Jason R"

Thank you for your very kind review, in addition to that already given for Sam's Steakhouse. I am glad that you enjoyed your first visit to Terrazzo and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Executive Assistant manager
Hanoi
“Lovely atmosphere; great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The food? Not great. Not too expensive but not good value because slightly "off" tastes. Maybe there's Thai basil in the minestrone? Can't taste anything but bechamel on the lasagna? Those are the kinds of things that are offputting if you're looking for a good Italian restaurant. Service was fantastic and you are outdoors in the evening but apart from the crowds walking the street, so the ambiance is very special.

Visited January 2013
Dear "MAChanoi"

Thank you for taking the time to give us such constructive feedback, and it is great that overall you have enjoyed your experience at Terrazzo. Your comments about the flavors of some of the dishes are very well received and I will look into this further with the Chef, Tony. Otherwise, it is great to read that your really appreciated the service and the atmosphere of the restaurant and we hope to see you back again soon at Terrazzo!

Newcastle, Australia
“Terrazzo fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Terrazzo restaurant, the best restaurant in Patong. Always stay at the Holiday Inn and first point of call is Terrazzo with Roensag and his team doing an excellent job. Great food, friendliest service and great atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear "MargaretMadden"

Thank you for your very kind review. I will share your feedback with Roengsak and the Terrazzo team and I am sure your comments will be very much appreciated.

We hope to see you back again soon at Terrazzo!

Concord, Australia
“Great food, service and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were staying at the BanThai which also has a italian restaurant. We decided on Terrazzo as it had good reviews and appeared to have a better atmosphere. We were definately not disappointed..
Our family of 6 arrived without a reservation and were advised by the very polite lady that it would be a half hour wait. We were offered seats at the bar while we waited. The bar staff were very good at making drinks and served us with a smile. We were then given a table after 15 minutes. I liked that because they were able to help us in less than the time period they promised.
The whole dining experience was fantastic. The food was beautiful and we had a wide variety of meals. The staff that served us were very good and professional. We felt very relaxed and there was no pressure to leave as son as our meal was over. The prices are at the higher end for Patong but well worth it for the meals that were presented.
We were so impressed with this restaurant that we had a look around the Holiday Inn after our meal and will most likely book there for our next Patong holiday. That way we are next to the best restaurant in Patong. We probably visited 10 restaurants on our holiday and none came close to this one.
Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear "Travelbugged72"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive and detailed review with us. It is really great to read that even on a very busy evening you have had an enjoyable and memorable experience and your kind comments about the professionalism and friendliness of our staff are very much appreciated. I will be sure to share your feedback with the Manager, "Tony", and the Terrazzo team.

Please do stay in touch if you are planning another trip to Phuket / Patong and let me know if there is anyway in which I can be of assistance.