“Nice hotel in decent location...right next to Hard rock” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Centra Ashlee Hotel Patong

You added Centra Ashlee Hotel Patong to your Saves list
Centra Ashlee Hotel Patong
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   237 / 18 Rat-U-Thit Song Roi Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #81 of 278 Hotels in Patong
4.0 of 5 stars 203 Reviews
Bangkok
“Nice hotel in decent location...right next to Hard rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Well, the hotel is a bit far from the beach and the fancy restaurants and when we were there, Hard Rock was undergoing repairs...so we had to walk quite a bit to eat food..More about the hotel, the room was very nice and since it was our honeymoon, we had those swan with flower petals in our room as well as a cake. It was really good service. We also received a complimentary dinner as part of the honeymoon package. The dinner package was also quite good and the portion was very large. One good thing I did remember was that the television had a variety of channels to pass your time in case you are spending time in the room but we were mostly out on island trips. Overall, a nice hotel but a bit far from the actions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Rochester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I booked all inclusive but when I got there I was told this did not include drinks, even water was 50 Bht for a small bottle and wine was £20 per bottle. I went to the shopping centre and got 5Ltr boxes of wine, much cheaper. The all inclusive menue was a choice of 3 western or 3 Thai, which gets a bit boring. I had no language problems but everyone thinks you are Australian. I prebooked the £35.00 taxi from Phuket airport which was OK, once I had found the driver, it was about 1.5 hour drive, but the return was only £6,00 in a minibus with loads of room. The breakfast was always full of people but the lunch and dinner was always empty except for me so I got loads of attention. Even on special theme nights there was loads of food and only me and the singer there. I did eat out a few times which seemed a bit odd on your own. The Hard Rock was very noisy but did finish by 11.30pm so was not too bad if you bop along to the beat. Roof top pool great, not many people up there, loads of room. When it rained for a few nights, it really rains. I never got caught out in it but people that did got really soaked. The beach is a bit of a walk away but if you have a lot of stuff to take then you just hop on a tuk tuk taxi, loads of them outside the hotel. There is a lot of Aussi bikers just up the road at the outside bars, friendly bunch if you walk up that far. There is a Tattoo shop opposite the entrance to the hotel and in the 10 days I was there I did not see anyone get a tatoo. Other Tattoo shops were really busy in the evenings. I did the Thai cooking course which was a very good day out. I also did the ATV 2 hour which was great because it was the morning after it rained so loads of deep puddles to splash through.
This was a good hotel with friendly staff in quite a good position, some of the other hotels with good names were in terrible parts of the town, really google it to make sure that is where you want to be. You may need a sign on the top of your head to tell people to leave you alone, some cant work out why you dont want to go in their shop or why you dont want a massage.
A few words in Thai go a long way. "Sawadee" is hello and goodbye so I dont know how they know if you are coming in or going out ??

Room Tip: High, left hand rooms as far away as possible from Hard Rock cafe.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was there for 3 days. Room were really good...hotel service was perfect...in one of three rooms one tap was not working but that was fine but whole staff didnt know english....reception people were dumb i told them to book taxi for me for aiort next morning but they didnt . My friend dropped many messages for me but they didnt give me even one. But still good hotel to stay...indian hotels and food shops are very close...just 2 mins walk to potang beach and in front of hard rock cafe and street market overall its 3.5

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed 9 nights at this hotel and its great value for money. The rooftop pool is nice, the combi van out the front has good priced drinks with half price drinks from 5pm till 8pm. Meals are reasonably priced with a big room service menu. Close to the beach and otop markets next door. We didnt hear the music from the hard rock cafe with the door closed to our room. Staff are A+++ and very friendly. The free wifi is reasonably fast. The only thing we didnt like was the beds are really hard but i think thats the way thai beds are and you get used to it after a couple of nights. For the price and location i will be back and recommend it to all.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 weeks in dec 2012 and really enjoyed it, staff where helpful and couple of times we had a problem in room it was resolved straight away, breakfast really good. Lovely roof pool and most days we where the only ones there.
Yes lift is slow but if you can't wait a few mins when you are on hols use the stairs!!
Would stay again !!

• Stayed December 2012
Joensuu, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

good hotel, modern and clean. nice pool area and big rooms. near everything, but quite noisy (hard rock cafe and road next to hotel.) maybe not for families with small kids. very friendly staff and good food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Just came back from Patong Beach last week, stayed at this hotel for about 6 nights with my friend
Reception is very friendly and helpful. Room was great, spacious bedroom with a SUPER comfortable couch. too bad view wasnt that great but we were on the 2nd floor. Saw some people complaining about the Hard Rock Cafe just beside it but once u close the window, nothing can be heard. Room service is always greeting with a smile all the time

Only 1 lift was available but it didnt really trouble us though we are on the 2nd. It was fine. We still took the lift if we are feeling lazy

Toliet is spacious and has lots of space for our stuff and there is a surprise. One can actually hear the TV from the room while bathing as there is a space in btw both rooms. though it was covered entirely. So we can chat while the other is bathing

Patong beach is nearby, about 10 mins walk? Bangla Rd and Mall was near too, so about 15 mins walk? we didnt mind the walking towards the mall as it is like a minor shopping experience for us. a small shopping area much like a much shrinked version Chatuchak lies directly in front of the entrance with small bars and lots of clothes on sales

One minor setback was during the 4th night of stay, the Air con went out. Called the reception but the Air con guy didnt respond till a 2nd call was made. From realization to fixing the issue, is about 1 hour and half?

Do take note on that

Next morning the electricity went off in the entire hotel, my friend and i have to leave the room early as it was getting hot and we cant do anything within. He was feeling getting frustrated as its like 4 hours in between both events

Overall i still like my stay there and will come back to this hotel for a stay next time im in Patong

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Centra Ashlee Hotel Patong? Share your experiences!