“Value for Money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of 7Q Hotel

Save Saved
You added 7Q Hotel to your Saves list
7Q Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   205/9 Prabaramee Road | Kathu, Patong, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand   |
Ranked #126 of 320 Patong B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Value for Money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here at the end of the year, the rooms were clean and well kept. The location was close to the beach and far enough from the centre of town, to have a good sleep. I asked for an extra pillow and was told there would be a charge.
The service was nonexistent, if I needed anything at the pool I would have to bring it with me, as there was nobody there. The breakfast service was equally as bad, it was a case of what's there is there. One staff member (I think it was the owners son) would be eating ALL the time and would only stop to take my voucher. The tables would not be cleared.
In all, I would stay again if I was to find myself in Russian filled Patong!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My family stayed for two weeks and found the hotel great value for money. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful.
The pool was fantastic and hotel close to beach and shops.
A great solution if you are on a budget and want a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel warmer in the afternoon because of where the sun sets.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ornskoldsvik, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for two nights with my family july 11. Really cool with a pool and restaurang at the roof, but most of the hotel was just a jerry-building. We wasn't that impressed that we thought we would be. The view wasn't anything at all and the staff didn't excelled anything all either. But it wasn't any problem to sleep or eat breakfast there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

7q was a great experience with great comfort.Cosy rooms,open air restaurants & swimming pool with a beach view.Helpful hotel staff.Located in near the hot spots.Compact hotel.Great view of nearby hills & beach from the hotel room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dongguan, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

we dropped there for three nights, we booked this hotel by coincidence, cause we were 8 person and not all of them have high budgets. It was also our first time in 7Q, my husband doesn't like the room cause there's a freaky smell, you know, like wet-old-mouldy, and simple white wall, not suggest for honeymoon actually. (lucky it was not our honeymoon.)

but the swimming pool which on the roof was really impressive us, not only because of it's unlimited view to the sea, also because of it's water. we can say, it's the cleanest water compare all the rests hotels we were left (even triple expensive one), i don't know how to describe but, the rests smell disinfectant, and body feels little sticky, water in this swimming poor is purely clean.

about the location, it located just near the beach, restaurant no.9 is a recommended one. and few steps to the rest restaurants on the beachside,but long walk to carrefour. you better rent a bicycle.

overall, it's a economic hotel, suitable for people who is not too mind of the room decoration.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel itself was not bad, although the rooms were a bit old. The safe did not work, so I left some money in the room, and when I packed I realized $280 USD were missing!! I went to talk to the guy at the lobby, and he said he would "ask the maids". The next day, of course his answer was: "we asked them and they all said they did not take it". Don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Rude staff, breakfast was terrible, safe didn't work and the bellboy came up and put in a code for us! Safe!!!!
There was an awful smell outside our window where everyone in the neighbouring flats which resembled a war ruined building could see into our room!
We arrived at 10pm in a storm and there was no electricity for about an hour after that.
On our third night I was in agony sleeping on the bed because it was soo hard (I'm only 27 years old) I asked them if anything could be done, they said yes but nothing was done!
I got a big on my face unlike a mosquito bite and on our second last night a bed bug fell on my boyfriends arm! When I complained they acted as if I was lying! They begrudgingly moved us.
I'd recommend you stay away! It's not worth ruining your holiday!

• Stayed April 2012

Been to 7Q Hotel? Share your experiences!