“Superb Instructor & Great Service! 2 Thumbs up!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 75 Activities in Patong
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Super Divers Phuket PADI 5 Star Dive Center offers free Super Divers t-shirts and extra dives with all PADI dive courses, great customer service, small groups, free private tuition, competitive prices, and an excellent refund policy. Full range of Phuket diving day trips for certified divers. The best dive sites like Phi Phi and Racha Noi included with all PADI courses! Our PADI open water course includes six dives instead of the standard four dives. No experience needed for the one day PADI discover scuba diving, and you can even try first in the pool for free! Great for children aged 10 or over, and even non-swimmers can dive. All our staff are carefully selected for their experience, patience, and friendliness. Super Divers also offers a large selection of Similan liveaboards to suit all budgets. We use the best dive boat in Phuket which has an onboard chef, breakfast and lunch are freshly prepared, and refreshments are served for free all day. We have a fast email response time with personal replies, and we answer your questions. Others might try and copy us, but we are the original Phuket dive center to base our business on offering fantastic customer service. Super Divers Phuket - Run by divers, for divers!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Singapore, Singapore
“Superb Instructor & Great Service! 2 Thumbs up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My first out of comfort zone adventure to challenge myself. Claustrophobic & fear of deep water.. but I had the Best Teacher anyone can ask for! And i am now PADI OPEN WATER CERTIFIED! Yipee... It was perfect from the start. Communication was quick & precise. Value for money. Both Matt & Josh were extremely helpful. Great dive sites Ko Phi Phi & the Racha Islands. It was amazing! Josh was a great coach, professional, kind, caring, helpful and i love it that he kept a constant eye on me.. i felt very safe. THANK YOU!!!!! I've been pampered... I will be back... Would love to do Similan islands next time. For anyone looking for a great dive, i highly recommend doing it with SUPER DIVERS! oh.. I LOVE MY SUPER DIVER TEE-SHIRT! great gift for students.

Visited January 2013
SuperDiversPhuket, Owner at Super Divers Phuket - Scuba Diving, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We very much enjoyed having you dive with us here in Phuket and i know the instructor was happy to teach you too! If you make the time for a Similans trip in the high season then just let us know and we'll help arrange it for you!

Singapore, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
“Super Divers Phuket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Finally plucked up some courage (i love yet fear the sea) and did my Open Water Dive course (19th - 21st Jan 2013) and am very glad to have done it with Super Divers @ Phuket Patong and this is mainly due to my diving instructor Mike (Michael Clark). Not a chatty chap but when it comes to the thunderous amount of questions i have on diving, Mike was always able to explain well and is patient with it. He told me from the beginning to ask any questions i may have. I felt comfortable with that especially since i am new and have my apprehensions about diving.
He took good care of me during the 6 dives we did (constantly turning and checking i am still around and not in difficulty and will slow down to assist me to remember to flush the sea water out of my mask) and can impart the skills necessary for diving which helped build my confidence under water and in handling the equipments and taking care of myself.
"Hovering" - Mike said it is an important skill to have and i later realised it is very true especially to be able to pause to enjoy the mysterious and beautiful marine life as well as for safety reasons. Within my first day dives, i could do "hovering" as Mike repeatedly got me to try and manage my bouyancy via breathing techniques he taught me when we took our dives. This is not easy at first try for me but am glad Mike helped a lot using his teaching methodology. And i enjoyed using this technique so much in my dives thereafter.
For the first day first dive trip, I initially did not want to take the seasick pill as so far i do not have a problem with such but Mike insisted i do. He said:"You must take it", looking quite stern then, haha. Out of "fear" and respect to my instructor, i took it. AND, Mike was so, so right about it and i am glad i did as i was told. There were many other occassions as above to speak of where Mike asserts himself and i am glad he did as it helped in picking up the skils fast and well. The earlier one picks up a skill and use it, the earlier one can enjoy diving more. So, One thing, MUST LISTEN WELL to Mike's instructions and do as he says (and try and try and try) and you will enjoy your dive and feel confident faster.
During the first couple of dives, due to a lack of confidence, i clung onto Mike even though i am bigger in built than him(felt safe then, haha) and am glad he helped build my confidence by ensuring i pick up the necessary skills in a steadfast manner.
I probably bruised(seriously so) his right arm when the Leopard Shark started swiiming off in our direction for the initial sighting as i was holding on to him(i am always in fear of sharks) so tightly at the sand "bed/bank"...He was just so calm and it helped as i tried to calm down too. Recalling, it was fun while my heart was thumping fast then, haha. I don't know how but Mike was able to within seconds/minutes, find the Leopard Shark again and took some great pictures for me/us. His efforts are commendable in making the diving trips an experience to remember. It was a great feeling. What Mike said about the Leopard Shark also turned out to be true. I am also much less afraid of Leopard Shark now. And Mike will always point to interesting marine life without which much less will have been sighted just with my own efforts. He also made an effort to show me lion fishes and sea turtles which i so yearn to see them. Took a picture with a turtle with Mike's help. Was GREAT! Left 8 more sea turtles to sight since we saw two as told Mike will like to see 10 of them! Mike remembers.
In our talks, Mike also shared about how we should approach the marine life so that we do not unnecessarily displace, scare them or even destroy it etc. Mike even shared to admire them and remember to give other divers a chance to admire the same as well. I feel an instructor not only should impart skills but also knowledge and spread the word about taking good care of the marine life well so that for ages to come, many more can enjoy the good view etc. As Mike said, "we do not own the marine life so do not scare or destroy them". My RESPECTgoes out to Mike. (even though i am 15 years old older than him). During my initial couple of dives, as i have yet to master the skills, Mike will pull me away from corals & sea beds so that i do not destroy the corals with my fins and also do not get injured.
Mike made the pool training and diving trips/training easy for me and i felt light/easy and need not worry a thing except to do the right things and employ the right skills. I appreciate Mike's assertiveness in having things done in a certain manner as these involve safety precautions which as a newbie, i may not realise them immediately even though Mike will brief about it.
Mike is authentic and serious in his training. Having been through it for 3 days with him, i will like to THANK Mike for he has helped me achieve another milestone in my life and also helped open up a whole new world to me. Plus, Mike has made the diving experience GREAT for me too.
For Mike's training and dive trips - in my view, "Excellent" is insufficient to describe his training while one needs to observe enough to know all his efforts and qualities especially since he is less expressive in my personal observations. During one of the dives, a friend of mine doing her refresher managed to finally get to the sea bottom and Mike gave her a few claps (under water), after having helped her for quite a long while to get all the way down. During the second day dive trips, breakfast was wiped out fast by hungry divers and there was not much left for some divers. At lunch time, i asked Mike if he would like lunch noting lunch may be wiped out too, haha. He said he will eat only after all has taken and told me to go get my lunch asap. This is certainly not part of the instructors' protoccol. Luckily, it seem divers were less hungry at lunch.
Therefore, for my next dive trip which i hope i can do it soon, will certainly be with Mike (Super Divers) in Phuket or nothing at all. By then i will also need to polish up some more skills...and maybe have more questions....haha.
There is so much more to share about the dive experience with Mike......but will stop here now.
Thanks also to Matt for all the arrangements. Matt was my first contact and was very patient when he answered my various emails/apps over a course of a few weeks. The plannings were great at Super Divers and is professional. Met Josh on board one of the dive trips, also patient in explaining various diving queries.
THANKS MIKE(X10), MATT & JOSH.
CHEERS
Steven (KTH)
PS: First time in my life i make an effort to post something online. Not sure about the etiquette for online postings. Just remember, above is as per my experience and not meant as an offence to anyone. Enjoy the pictures - still have lots of them not posted. Thanks to Mike.

Visited January 2013
Thanks for the incredibly detailed review, i hope this reflects our attention to detail when making sure our guests have a great time diving with us! It was really a pleasure to take you through your Open Water diving course and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again for any future returns to Phuket you may plan!
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Amazing diving experience with Super divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our most expected getaway from Phuket trip was to discover scuba diving, and Super Divers did make our trip amazing and worthwhile. its was an amazing experience. We loved every minute of it. And Thanks to complete super divers crew for such wonderfully organised, very safe and friendly trip. Be it on board or emailing they kept in touch and made sure we always felt comfortable about this whole new experience.
Very special thanks to Nim our instructor she was excellent in coaching us and also she went that extra miles to keep the customer happy. Thanks for sharing the pics and making this diving experience memorable.
Friendly tip to everyone... if you are planning for Scuba diving just dont think anything other than Super divers!

Visited January 2013
Many thanks for the review and your support! Its truly appreciated and so nice to hear from people like you who have their first diving experience with us and it fulfils their expectations and more, this means we're doing the right things!
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“Perfect Open Water Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had the PADI Open Water course with Super Divers. Everything went perfectly. The communication with Super Divers was very good. They reply your e-mail very quickly.
The Open Water course was a experience of a lifetime! I'm now a PADI certified diver and i'm very excited to explore other divesite! Thank you Super Divers for this wonderful experience!
I recommend Super Divers to all the people who visit Patong!

Visited December 2012
Glad to hear you enjoyed your Open Water course with us here in Phuket. Thanks for taking the time to write a review, your support is greatly appreciated!
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great service really nice people!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Was really good diving with them, we took our adventure advanced open water and got really cool tshirts!! Josh and Matt were really nice and helpul, amazing diving!!!thank you!

I hope we can come back soon as we want dive in Similan next time!

Visited January 2013
It was really great to meet such lovely people as you guys are, many thanks for the review, and i really hope it is possible to dive with you again - perhaps in the Similans!