“Happy hour” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

You can't beat 99BHT margaritas. Especially when it's potent. Came here twice but my first visit wasn't that astounding...a second visit to quench my thirsty need for tequila brought me here again and that was when I found out I came just in time for happy hour tacos. Definitely worth it for happy hour.

Visited April 2012

Winnipeg, Canada
“Family run”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I just got back from 6 months in Thailand and3 month were in Patong Beach. BBQ Hut was the first place I ate (steak dinner) and I was back anlmost every day for something even if it was just one of their margritas. I found BBQ Hut serving nothing perfectly but everything well. Prices were very good considering being in Patong Beach. The staff were unreal as they were helpful in every way. They connected me with a good hotel (Cozy Hill) a scooter to rent and they have a good massage business attached to their restaurant. When I go back it will be one of my first stops. Thanks BBQ Hut :-)

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amphoe Muang Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
“What an awful experience...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We ve been living on phuket for over 2 years and never tried a place more disgusting than this. Everything is wrong here from location and cleanliness till the oversalted food served without forks and knives and salad dressing offered till asked... Well...even in veery cheap thai places i ve never seen anything like this. Dirty menu cards with a very limited variety of bbq food so the menu doesnt correspond to the name of this hut-cafe, sorry, cant call it a restaurant. Plastic knives, aged rice, the food looks far from appealing. Add The worst variety of patong smells from outside which makes it hard to eat the food served. Glad we havent made a big order there as we usually do in other places. Hope we are ok after this awful experience. Never be back again or advise this to our friends. Shocked that so many people have written so many positive reviews about this place. The place is a great disappointment and tastes exactly like it looks... And everywhere they remember you not to forget the tips but hey tips must be deserved. Hope my review will help other people like us not to be misled and avoid this place.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kamala, Thailand
“Smoked Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Genuine smoked ribs from their own smokehouse and good Mexican offerings.

Phuket Town, Thailand
“Great food at a greater value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I live in Phuket with my wife and 12 year old son and we typically eat out every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday because of the fantastic selection of food available in Phuket. BQQ Hut is one of a few regular restaurants for us because so many new restaurants to try with many not so great enough to regularly return to, but BQQ Hut is that good. My son and I love the ribs and Mexican and my Thai wife finds the BBQ Hut's Mexican the only one she truly likes in Phuket.

The prices are very reasonable and the staff always cheerful and helpful. Try to meet the owner Khun Meow, she is a sweet lady! Sometimes difficult to park on the main road in front of the BBQ Hut, so if this is the case, go to the next side street Soi Nam Yen and turn right to find parking in front of the Baan Nam Yen School and walk back about a 100 meters.

• Visited August 2011