“Smoked Ribs” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Kamala, Thailand
“Smoked Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Genuine smoked ribs from their own smokehouse and good Mexican offerings.

Phuket Town, Thailand
“Great food at a greater value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I live in Phuket with my wife and 12 year old son and we typically eat out every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday because of the fantastic selection of food available in Phuket. BQQ Hut is one of a few regular restaurants for us because so many new restaurants to try with many not so great enough to regularly return to, but BQQ Hut is that good. My son and I love the ribs and Mexican and my Thai wife finds the BBQ Hut's Mexican the only one she truly likes in Phuket.

The prices are very reasonable and the staff always cheerful and helpful. Try to meet the owner Khun Meow, she is a sweet lady! Sometimes difficult to park on the main road in front of the BBQ Hut, so if this is the case, go to the next side street Soi Nam Yen and turn right to find parking in front of the Baan Nam Yen School and walk back about a 100 meters.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Awesome food, customer service and price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We went to dinner at BBQ Hut a couple of times and also for breakfast a couple of times when we visited in August.

The food is excellent! It is a mix of Mexican and Thai. We tried both menu's for dinner and both were great. Excellent cocktails too :)

Breakfast was to die for!!! Especially after a big night out, they have an awesome fry up and the coffee is excellent. In a nice big cup too which is what you want.

Great customer service with a smile :)

Def. go back again when we visit Patong :)

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“BBQ Hut in Patong provides great "homestyle" BBQ & Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I used to live in Phuket and would make sure I'd stop in and eat here every week as a ritual. Now being back in Australia, I still stop in with my wife, family and friends when we're on holidays.

The ribs are fantastic however my favourite dish on the menu is the chicken burrito....which I do struggle to finish. Really looking forward to checking out the new location on my next trip.

I highly recommend giving BBQ Hut a try.....you won't be disappointed, just like I haven't been in the last 7 years of eating here. AROY MAK MAAAAAAAAAAAAAK

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eldorado, Texas
“Average food, hard to find”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We found that this restaurant was very hard to find since google map show the last location that the were at near the Mercure hotel. They are not at the location that is posted in the Phuket books. They are located a couple of blocks from Bangla Road near the Palmyra Hotel (SP?) on the opposite side of the road from subway.
I had the Nachos and my husband had some sort of Omelet. We thought in our opinion that the food was average. Nothing to write home about. We found that other restaurants we a little better.
Good people watching from the outdoor seating area!

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
TFALee, Webmaster at BBQ Hut Restaurant, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Thanks for the constructive feedback, we have since updated our address and now have our web address listed, on the website we have our location marked with a sat map.