“Do Not Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Issara Resort

You added Issara Resort to your Saves list
Issara Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34/58 Prachanukroh Rd | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #25 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Sydney, Australia
“Do Not Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

The hotel has an Arabic bar under it and the noise is "VERY LOAD", the bar closes at 6am, good luck sleeping if you stay there.

Staff do not change the bed sheets, I caught them rotating the sheets, e.g. putting the dirty feet area to the head under the pillow, disgusting.

Breakfast is stale and cold, I saw the staff use dirty rags to wipe plates, cups and cutlery.

Staff do not like foreigners, I am a foreigner and understand Thai, I caught them several times talking badly about the tourists that stayed at the hotel including myself.

I was booked to go back to Phuket from the provinces in 3 weeks to meet some friends and had 4 rooms booked there, we wil NEVER return to this hotel, they even tried to cancel that booking 3 days before to give the rooms to their Russina Tour Group, we refused, let the rooms stay empty for a few days, perhaps they will learn something, but I doubt it.

Have stayed at Phuket many times before, this is by far the WORST place to stay !

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
issararesort, Manager at Issara Resort, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Angelo;

We are sorry that you had such kind of bad experiences at your stay. I believe it was mostly because of the high season rush.

I would like to inform you that Issara Resort had a management change on 15th of September 2013, there is no bar under the hotel with loud music, existing management also contains foreigners and all nations customers are important for us. Please give us a chance to show how we improved the service in Issara Resort at your next visit to Phuket.

Thank you for your understanding, we would like to see you soon.

Best Regards

Issara Resort Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

we stayed at issara resort for 7 nights, and it was great.the staff were very friendly, the hotel was very clean, and the air con worked a treat. great location, about 1km from patong beach, a good distance from the party scene, but close enough to enjoy what patong has to offer. pool has a great lookout to oversee patong and the beach.

Room Tip: unfortunately they all overlook other hotels.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
issararesort, Manager at Issara Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest;

First of all, I want to thank you for your nice comments. It was a great pleasure to meet and welcome you at Issara Resort. Your comments are so valuable for us to improve our service to better everyday.

We would like to see you again soon in Phuket.

Best Regards
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012 via mobile

We came here after spending a night in a badly referred beach front hotel. We shopped around to about 10 different hotels and kept coming back to issara. The staff was so pleasant and accommodating. They wanted to work within our budget. It's a little noisy here because there is construction happening nearby, but that is perhaps my one complaint. Mind you this is a budget hotel, so u won't be overwhelmed by the amenities etc. but it's wonderfully clean, safe, and we got 2 free waters everyday. It's walking distance from the beach, bout 7 mins. Close to all shopping and 30 min walk to Bangla st! We love it here, for high season 1500 baht is a steal! Highly recommend issara!

• Stayed January 2012
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at Issara for 10 days and while the hotel and room were clean the service was less than desirable. I felt like they were trying to rip me off any way they could. I was looking for a place to stay long term (a few months) and the price they quoted me was close to what I could get a nice condo for, I asked about renting a scooter with them and was told "I give you good price, 600 baht" and I was able to rent one down the street for 150 Baht. The hotel is was ok and not a bad place for a short stay but I wouldn't book any long term stay or use their ammenedities.

• Stayed July 2011
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011 via mobile

"+":
free wifi whole hotel
round-the-clock swimming pool on the roof(6th floor)
rent a bike
FRIENDLY staff

"-":
nope

*very good for its value
*guess it will be perfect location for someone
*breakfast offered for 150bht(nov2011), but we have not tried them

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Issara Resort? Share your experiences!