“Overprized!! Poor attitude of manager and front desk” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Pearl Villas Resort

You added Sea Pearl Villas Resort to your Saves list
Sea Pearl Villas Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12/1-9 Prabaramee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #68 of 285 Hotels in Patong
“Overprized!! Poor attitude of manager and front desk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

NO SMILE! BAD ATTITUDE OF MANAGER AND FRONT DESK!!

When we first stepped into the hotel..we were welcomed by staffs,which were very good in attitude.

When we were checking in, the female staff in front desk has no smile and the tone made me feel that i was very annoying. Because i m an asian??
Or the attitude towards people all over the world is as poor as well?

I have double confirmed with travel agency that six people will stay in that two bedroom suite and the agent said the hotel itself allows it. But!!!!!! When i arrived, the staff said the two bedroom suite cannot stay for six people ..my son and daughter was still in grade6 and grade 8!!!

The staff suggested me to pay for another room for them. Omg..they are still under 18 and i refused !!

After a while, they said need to charge 6000bahts for my children for extra people for two nights. Why i book hotels through agencies is to avoid these problems. I have double comfirmed with agent and expect the check in process should be very smooth and no additional charges should be charged on me. My children and parent has waited for a long time for check in.

Finally..the manager agreed that 6000 bahts can be exempted but he reminded me no more pillow and blanket could be requested. I m not going to hold pillow party and if i feel cold..why i cant take one more blanket for myself ? Ridiculous !!

The room costed $370USD when i booked in a travel agency and what I received was a room that was not the same as description.
I booked pool access two bedroom but what i received was two jacuzzi rooms with one living room. My children were very disappointed and keep asking me where was the pool in front of the room?

With the price$370,it is unacceptable to stay here with this customer service!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Robin L, General Manager at Sea Pearl Villas Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Karen M,

Thank you for your comments posted on Tripadvisor.

Firstly, I sincerely apologize for the way the Front Desk Staff made you feel upon your arrival at the resort. Please be rest assured that we do not practice racial discrimination.

I have gone through all the email correspondence between your travel agent and our resort concerning your reservation and there was nothing mentioned about having 6 persons in your party. It was booked for a 2 Bedroom Suite for 4 adults and no mention of any accompany children. Thus the extra charge which was originally being imposed for 2 extra person at THB1,500 net/night/with breakfast. These reservations email also mentioned clearly a 2 bedroom suite and not a Pool Access 2 Bedroom Suite, which would be charged at a higher price.

If you are willing to send me your email address, I would be more than happy to send copies of the reservations documents to verify what I have mentioned above. Please feel free to contact me at robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com if you require further clarifications.

In the meantime, I wish you and all your family members a very relaxing weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Warrnambool, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My partner and i stayed at the Sea Pearl for five nights. The resort is probably closer to 4 star than 5. We had a wonderful stay the resort is very large and the room with the spa was wonderful. Yes the water is cold but the weather is hot, so no complaints there.
The shuttle bus is a ten minute ride to either drop off points and is very easy to use and was no problems at all. The staff were polite and courteous and while some did not have the best grasp of English if you take your time there is nothing that cannot be overcome.
The beds are hard but i love a firm bed so no complaints there either.
The resort is a little old in appearance and the only down point was a meal we ate at the restaurant was pretty average and expensive. But if you are looking for a place out of the hustle and bustle of Patong beach i would recommend it.

Room Tip: Get the one bedroom suite with a spa fantastic
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin L, General Manager at Sea Pearl Villas Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear wayne r,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that your partner and you have had a pleasant stay with us.
You will be pleased to know that we are presently undergoing maintenance upgrading to give the resort a "fresh" look from the "old in appearance" look that you have pointed out.

Wishing you a great evening!!
Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights in march and absolutely loved it, I booked it as a mystery deal on lastminute.com for a $100 Aus a night! The rooms were huge with a cool water spa on the balcony and a gorgeous bathroom. The hotel is situated on the top of patong hill and is very quiet and relaxing. We walked into town on a couple of occasions but it is about a half hour walk down a long and very busy hill (no footpaths), and its definitely not something I would do at night time! The was a free shuttle bus that left every hour which was great and it was only a 300bht cab ride anywhere in town! The staff at the hotel were friendly and always helpful I would definitely stay here again! Thankyou!

Dear Bella_Claire2014,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are glad that you were satisfied and happy with your stay with us.
I must say that you were "very brave" to walked down from our resort to Phuket Town. Personally, I do not recommend any of our guests to do so. However, I am very glad that you did not encounter any unfortunate incident "braving the crazy traffic".

We look forward to your next stay. Have a great and relaxing evening!!
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

This resort is actually quite large with many different complexes/areas - each with their own courtyard/pool areas and they are all slightly different. Being such a large resort and the complexes not really integrated (like having a central meeting area - other than the club house which is tuck away in the corner), you do end up spending most of your time in your room and in the pool(s) of your complex. That's not an issue if you are happy to have some privacy and do not expect a very resort-y type of holiday. It feels more like staying at a nice serviced apartment - and I think that's why some past patrons may be disappointed and not quite the 5-star experience they expected.

We quite enjoyed our stay personally because it was our honeymoon. They were kind enough to upgrade us to a one-bedroom apartment. The facilities were nice, but slightly aged in areas. The bed was very comfortable and it was nice to have a seperate aircon system for the lounge which meant we got to turn off the (noisy) bedroom aircon for a quiter night sleep.

The pools were great, particularly the main pool at the club house. We were there at happy hour and they let us have our cocktails in the pool. Yay! There were only 2 other couples there during happy hour which was quite surprising and suggested that many of their patrons do not make full of their facilities/service because it's just too far away/difficult to get there (or they don't even know about it).

They are also a bit away from Patong Beach itself, so most patrons may wish to spend time there instead and have to choose between staying in town or going back. The shuttles between hotel and town is hourly so that makes things a bit tricky if you missed the bus.

Room Tip: No lifts to the second floor of the complex - only stairs. Request a lower level room if that may be...
CeciliaNZ,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us during your honeymoon in Phuket.

Sincerely apologize for the noisy air con in your bedroom, which has been rectified, thanks to your comment.

Glad to know that overall that both of you have had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to be of service to you again on your 1st Anniversary.

Please do not hesitate to drop me an email at robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com if I can of any service.

Wishing the both of you a very pleasant and relaxing evening!!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I've been changed the room 3times in 2days. And one of the reason to change the room is because the water is YELLOW that's really scary and the sad is I've took shower with yellow water :( that's why I have to change the room @ 1am.

And the manager seems don't really care about what guest's feeling. I've told the lady that she have to have their manager to call me next day but he never call. Just sit in his table like a retired old guy......

Anyway if anyone wanna have a nice trip..... U can't stay in this hotel. It's terrible terrible.......

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Veralee625,

We regret to learn that you had to change 3 rooms in 2 days due to "brownish" water and sincerely apologized for any inconvenience caused.

We are committed to provide the best service to all our guests. However, due to a mechanical fault with the water filtering system of the 2 rooms assigned to you, the water was "brownish".

Once again please accept our sincere apologies and we wish you a very pleasant and relaxing evening!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a good 3D/2N stay in the villa. The deluxe with jacuzzi is just right for a family of 2 adult with 1 kid. The resort is also child friendly. The staff were professional and has given us quality service. The manager, Willy, has been very accommodating and excellent since day 1 despite a bad experience when the shuttle left us intentionally in Jungceylon even if the passenger inside saw us and told him that we were supposed to board going back to the villa.

The Phuket holiday stay in Sea Pearl was made even better by this resort. Will definitely recommend it to friends.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Juvy P,

We are very happy to hear that you have had a good stay with us and that the Manager, Willy, was able to attend to all your needs during your stay.

As for the return shuttle that you missed, I sincerely apologized for the inconvenience caused. it was the due to the driver's oversight thinking that the guest that tap him on the back wanted him to drive off quickly instead of asking him to stop the shuttle.

Wishing you a very nice day!!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Basically to try and cut a long story short. upon arrival we were asked to pay a deposit of 3000 baht in cash. which we did. We never received this money back. We only realised this a day after leaving the hotel. we contacted the hotel via email saying we didn't receive the deposit back. we were told yes we did and they sent us a picture of a receipt with my partners signature on it. My partner did not sign that receipt at all. the signature was very shaky and you could see where someone had stopped with the pen then started again. we are still in the process of an investigation of this matter and hope it to be sorted out soon. it is not about the money in this instance but its about the principle and the fact we 100% did not receive the deposit back or sign that receipt . future travellers please be aware.

Room Tip: inspect all rooms as we were told ours had sea views. Our view ended up being of a tree in the fron...
Dear KatnRick,

Thank you for your comment posted on Tripadvisor.

It is a very serious matter for us if any of our staff "scam" or "cheat" our guests.

The Executive Assistant Manager did reply your first email with regards to the "unclaimed deposit of THB3,000" and inform you that you had signed for the return of the deposited amount.

Further investigation by myself, I was informed as follows:

1) When the front desk staff ask you for the "receipt" for the THB3,000 deposit, you told them that you cannot find it.
2) The front office staff then returned you the amount of THB3,000 and requested that you sign for it. (It was her mistake for allowing any guests to claim for return of deposit without producing the original receipt)
3) The front office staff concerned claimed that you did hastily signed for it.
4) The Executive Assistant Manager also mentioned that he went up to greet you when you were waiting in the lobby for about an hour before your departure transfer arrived. You did not mentioned anything about not getting back your deposit.

In conclusion, I will be more than happy to return you the THB3,000. Please advise me of your bank account number and I will transfer the amount of THB3,000 to your bank account.

As for the front office staff concerned, she would be reprimanded accordingly and make good the THB3,000 due to her oversight in not obtaining the "original deposit receipt" before she returned the deposit to you.

Please send me your bank account details to robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com

Have a very nice day!!

Been to Sea Pearl Villas Resort? Share your experiences!