“Good location outside of crazy patong but not really 5 stars” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Pearl Villas Resort

You added Sea Pearl Villas Resort to your Saves list
Sea Pearl Villas Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12/1-9 Prabaramee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #63 of 278 Hotels in Patong
4.0 of 5 stars 475 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
“Good location outside of crazy patong but not really 5 stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed for a few nights to check out Phuket & Patong before escaping to Khap Lak for most of our holiday. We did get a cheap rate on lastminute.com so for what we paid, it was reasonable.

But if you are expecting 5 star you will be disappointed.

Good - The foyer area is great and some of the facilities are really fantastic, but not well thought through (eg the bar and the swimming pool are located right near the noisy road). The staff were lovely (especially the porters at the reception), we had dinner at the restaurant one night and we enjoyed the meal. The free shuttle bus into Patong is brilliant and we used this a few times.

Not so good - The resort seemed fairly empty when we were there, yet we were located in a room that was overlooking a construction site (some new villas that they are building). We considered asking to be moved but didn't bother as we were barely at the hotel and only in the area to shop for a few days. That said, you should not need to ask a 5 star resort that you not be located with your jacuzzi overlooking construction that started at 6am each morning (especially when the resort was no where near capacity). The room wasn't cleaned very well - found hair in the bathroom in the sink and bathroom glass and floor was grubby. The jacuzzi also looked grubby and I was not brave enough to use it. The bed was extremely hard so we asked reception about this and the didn't seem to understand. But they bought a quilt and put it under the sheets, which helped slightly.

I don't think I would stay at this resort again (especially after staying at a 5 star resort in Khao Lak that was amazing). But location wise, we much preferred to stay outside of Patong.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from construction
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin L, General Manager at Sea Pearl Villas Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Sahduff,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.
I sincerely apologize for the not so clean roomand jacuzzi. The Executive Housekeeper has been duly informed and corrective actions taken accordingly. Glad to know that you did like the location of our resort which is not too far away from Patong City. Trust that you did enjoy your stay in Khao Lak.

Wishing you a very nice evening.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Just check out here , I booked five days and four nights here , but I stayed the first night decided to check out to change hotel. First, check ㄧ found great room design is also good, but the old equipment , which does not matter , dust , hair and other scattered in the room , desk top biscuit crumbs scattered to the nightstand ㄧ road , in addition, the toilet sink below cabinet ㄧ open , turned out to be ㄧ pile of used toilet paper and plastic bags , notification house keeping, they immediately send someone to deal with , and the process is very casual, and did not even apologize ㄧ sentence . I am in charge of response and duty , I hope she can help me make sure the next few days I got the room to be very clean , she said she would tell the house keeping, but she did not apologize . The next morning after the house keeping to organize or ㄧ kind of dirty mattress surrounded by dust and she did not clean up , in short , cabinets , drawers, floors, toilets and other cleaning work are not in place.

Next came the room service, the first is to send the wrong meal , again after the delivery personnel ㄧ foot in, the floor is his black footprints, service is very rough.

Check-out counter staff to help me stink face service charges are expensive, refrigerator drinks had to send the luggage to our room when the checkout person said it was free to entertain all the results should count the money , house keeping, Receiption, Room service, luggage delivery personnel , etc. are displayed as well as the quality of personnel training have a problem.

Evaluators said it right in front , front ( front ) does have ㄧ months old supervisor, he saw me rushing to take the shuttle run -out , and the counter staff stink face and slow in operation , the I deliberately turned his back to pretend not to see until after I urged several times before going to the concerns ㄧ under the counter staff , however, did not say hello , and I pay tribute to ㄧ under itself so that even competent , really outrageous !

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I believe you did submit another comment in Mandarin, earlier.
I sincerely apologize on behalf of my staff for not providing the services and facilities that you had expected.

Wishing you a very good evening!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Before staying here I read some bad reviews that made me worried, now I'm just convinced some people like to whinge.
The location is great. Out of the patong so u can get away from it all, but a short 10min shuttle bus in.
Food is very tasty. Not overly priced.
Rooms are immaculate. Beds are a little hard but better than being too soft.
There are so many pools to swim in, so which ever one u choose u basically have it to yourself.
Staff are friendly, no they don't speak much English but enough to get by. They are always there to help.
Overall a very positive experience. Maybe not quiet 5 star quality but they in no way charge 5 star prices. I highly recommend sea pearls.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Sullo7676,

Thank you for your comments posted on Tripadvisor. Your comments about "some people like to whinge" is highly appreciated and a morale booster for us. We are glad to hear that overall you were happy with our services and facilities. Thank you also for highly recommending us to other potential travellers to Phuket.

If I can be of any assistance to you or any of your family members, friends or relatives visiting Phuket, please feel free to drop me an email at robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com

Have a great evening!!
Ko Samui, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Do not go there, there is too many choices of nice hotels, do not risk to make your stay awful! And the management does not care!

I booked the hotel last minute for a week end away from our busy work. We really needed this brake!!!

Arrived there at 2 am, we were pretty tired driving since 5 pm.
I made a call to the hotel to mention our very late arrival and to make sure the room is ready and very quite.
I asked for a late check out as well, so we could enjoy the villa and sleep as much to recover. They decided to upgrade our room cause none of the one we booked was available, the problem was that the villa was direct on the main road with a busy traffic, so we have asked to change the room, after 1h and 30mn, waiting without indication of timing, they have changed our room, we were to tired to look at the room, just wanted to sleep after a very long trip driving - I have requested them to have a quite room as we were there to sleep and rest. I couldn't sleep all night cause my side of the bed was full of ants, I couldn't believe it so I made a video. The air-con was very noisy, that what I thought until my partner tuned it off and then I realized that it was not the aircon but the drilling and construction noise outside. I decided to enjoy the pool outside and get some tan but as soon as I put a feet out, the construction guys, on the construction site by our room, just outside were looking at me, so I couldn't even enjoy that. So with all this involved we decided to get a break fast and leave the hotel, - Well, BF, I don t recommend it either - we spent 10 mn looking around for plates, 10 more to realized where was the egg station, I asked the staff for coffee, on top of the bad coffee, all the food average. I decided to get an omelette, the eggs station was busy so I wanted there to get my eggs. The man that was cooking the eggs was using his hands to turn over the missed eggs on the serving plates. I left the station cause my eggs were being done, after 10 mn, and 10 more minute, I return to the egg station and no eggs, they just forgot about my order or gave it away, so an awful service - We decided to leave the place, but I decided to have a chat about my awful stay with the Manager - I was sitting there, telling him my misadventure and he had nothing to say, nothing at all. I told him how upset I was and he just said "sorry but nothing I can do" he did not care about it at all and waited me to leave..... I told him how can you not do anything, he just asked me to pay my bills and that they cannot do anything about it!!!!! NO COMMENT..... We left our home tired and grumpy and we left the hotel more tired and just chocked!!!!

Room Tip: Do not go there, there is too many choices of nice hotels, do not risk to make your stay awful! And...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin L, General Manager at Sea Pearl Villas Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Loulou L,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.
I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused.

Even though you have had a very negative experience, I wish to advise you that we will be more than happy to make up for all the inconvenience caused on your next getaway in Phuket.

Please feel free to drop me an email when you plan your next trip to Phuket.
Wishing you a very pleasant day!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I am from Sydney Australia me and my fiancee stayed there for 7 days. It is absolutely amazing!

best staff ever so polite and respecful. Amazing room, cleaned everyday amazing pool with bar where staff deliver drinks to you. Resort has great security at resort has 5 security guards who take in all taxis & tuk tuk rego number plates coming in and out of resort for our protection and guard the resort and very polite security guards.

Breaki free in morning really nice food also great restaurant and the food is good.

Will def come back to this resort really its simply the best def 5 star resort. Really enjoyed my stay there and it is massive resort.

• Stayed March 2014
Robin L, General Manager at Sea Pearl Villas Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear antoun90,

Thank you for posting your positive comments on Tripasdvisor.
We are very happy to hear that you were happy with our staff as well as services & facilities provided by our resort.

You compliments really serve as a big "morale booster" for our staff to do better.
We look forward to your next visit.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance or provide any information about Phuket or Thailand, as a whole, please feel free to contact me personally at robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com

Wishing you a very pleasant evening!!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Nice, and polite staff. Best part is the hotel had frequent shuttle bus to Patong beach. Clean room but little wear and tear on the furniture. Location was too good for a family stay. Quite and peaceful. Away from the noisy streets and crowd. We very much enjoyed the seafood buffet in one the hotel restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms with Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Robin L, General Manager at Sea Pearl Villas Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear sajdskhan,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the services and facilities provided in our resort.
Throughout each year, we continuously carried out room maintenance process to take care of "wear & tear". Glad that you did enjoy the seafood buffet at our Blue Waters Seafood Restaurant.

Wishing you a very nice day!!
york england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in a one bedroom room. The room was clean the people were friendly and the prices were reasonable for food and drink. This place is beautiful it's away from patong so no noise!! Our room had a jacuzzi on the balcony which was a lovely temperature after a day relaxing in the sun. Good value for money all round. There is a shuttle bus available every hour to take you to town should you wish to explore. I would defiantly stay here again. Thank you for making me feel so welcome.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear calmer,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are very glad to note that you have had a pleasant stay with us and had "Good Value" for money spent. Like you, many of our guests like our location as it is in Patong area but far away from the hustle & bustle of Patong City which can get very noisy at night till early the next morning.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Phuket and we look forward to your next visit.

Wishing you a very great and relaxing weekend!

Been to Sea Pearl Villas Resort? Share your experiences!