We stayed for a few nights to check out Phuket & Patong before escaping to Khap Lak for most of our holiday. We did get a cheap rate on lastminute.com so for what we paid, it was reasonable.
But if you are expecting 5 star you will be disappointed.
Good - The foyer area is great and some of the facilities are really fantastic, but not well thought through (eg the bar and the swimming pool are located right near the noisy road). The staff were lovely (especially the porters at the reception), we had dinner at the restaurant one night and we enjoyed the meal. The free shuttle bus into Patong is brilliant and we used this a few times.
Not so good - The resort seemed fairly empty when we were there, yet we were located in a room that was overlooking a construction site (some new villas that they are building). We considered asking to be moved but didn't bother as we were barely at the hotel and only in the area to shop for a few days. That said, you should not need to ask a 5 star resort that you not be located with your jacuzzi overlooking construction that started at 6am each morning (especially when the resort was no where near capacity). The room wasn't cleaned very well - found hair in the bathroom in the sink and bathroom glass and floor was grubby. The jacuzzi also looked grubby and I was not brave enough to use it. The bed was extremely hard so we asked reception about this and the didn't seem to understand. But they bought a quilt and put it under the sheets, which helped slightly.
I don't think I would stay at this resort again (especially after staying at a 5 star resort in Khao Lak that was amazing). But location wise, we much preferred to stay outside of Patong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Pearl Villas Resort, Phuket is located in a natural hillside over viewing Patong , offers stunning views of the city and the sea. Build on 7 hectares of land, with full grown trees and lush gardens around the villa buildings and 8 swimming-pools. Each of the 188 Suites & rooms and private pool villas, are modern, comfortable and spacious and features a private DOUBLE sized outdoor Jacuzzi on the balcony. International & Thai Restaurant, Terrace & Bar. Carissa Spa, Blue Waters Seafood Buffet Restaurant, Alfa Pub & Restaurant, FREE WiFi, FREE Fitness Center. FREE scheduled transfer to shopping mall & beach. Reservations for Airport transfers, excursions and tours are readily available in the resort's main lobby. Own helipad & helicopter service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sea Pearl Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Pearl Villas Hotel Patong
- Sea Pearl Villas Resort Patong, Phuket