When I booked this hotel I made sure most of the reviews were good, however I checked the reviews around one week prior to arriving in phuket and I became worried that the hotel would be a complete disaster, that the hotel staff would be horrible and that it would ruin my holiday.
On the day of checking in we had NO problems AT ALL!! Everything was fine, the staff were friendly and spoke good enough English.
There are only a few minor things I think you should consider before booking this hotel....
1) They do not have safety boxes in the rooms, you have to leave your belongings at the reception, which I didnt like as I feel better leaving my belongings in the room.
2) There is nothing at all wrong with the breakfast however if you like a big breakfast and usually eat it at around 9 / 10 am, you will be waiting for around half an hour to get around the whole buffet as you have to wait for quite a while for them to cook eggs etc. I never eat a big breakfast just usually fruit etc however every morning I would have to wait around 1/2 an hour for my partner to be able to sit down with his breakfast as it gets very busy. Most days it is extremely hard to find a seat (This would most prob only be in the high seasons).
3) If you frequently book morning flights to your next destination DO NOTTTTTTT!!!!!! and I mean DO NOT rely on the staff at reception to give you a wake up call. Out of the 5 wake up calls we asked for we only received two of them, I am not even sure we would have been on time for our flight if we did not stress to the staff at the front desk that we had a flight to catch and we hadnt received wake up calls on previous mornings.
Overall, all of the staff were totally fine except for a couple of the breakfast staff. I had no other problems what so ever. A few power cuts now and then but it is common in Phuket.
The rooms asre HUGEE!!, very spacious and they stay quite cool during the day. Also if you are into the nightlife etc the location is very good, just behind Jungceylon and very close to the beach, only 5 / 10 min walk.
TOUR BOOKING ADVICE ETC:
We have been to Phuket 3 times and have hired mopeds, booked day trips etc from the same lady everytime. If you are interested in booking a few day trips or hiring a moped ask someone where the ASPERY HOTEL is.... it's a small hotel but go through the small lane way and look for ' ANDAMAN RELAX TOUR ' (across from Aspery hotel). The lady that owns the show speaks very well English and will give you an honest deal on all day trips, many people go back to her time and time again.
I don't think I would stay at this hotel again but I have given a truthful opinion and I do not agree with the majority of the previous posts about this hotel being horrible etc however everyone has a different experience I guess and ours wasnt that bad at all.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your APK Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apk Resort And Spa
- Apk Hotel Patong
- APK Resort & Spa Patong, Phuket