“will be back for sure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of APK Resort & Spa

You added APK Resort & Spa to your Saves list
APK Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   198 Pang-Muang, Soi Kor Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #208 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Singapore
“will be back for sure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Just a walking distance of 5 mins to Jungceylon mall and 10 mins to bangla road. I took the standard room on the first night and was impressed coz i payed such a reasonable price. A pleasant new room with a clean bathroom (tub) and a big comfortable bed (it just didnt have a chair but an attached seat near the window was there and a another building blocking the view). The next night I upgraded to the superior room and it was almost the same with the standard room but it had 2 new bathrobes, 2 pairs of comfortable bedroom slippers, extra toiletries, a balcony (w monoblock chairs n table) and a lovely teakwood -looking coffee table with 2extra chairs! Just expect that it didnt have a fab view from my balcony coz it was facing another tall building but it didnt bother me at all. The staff were extra courteous and attentive to my needs and even took the extra mile to drive me along patong beach (on a motorbike) and bought something to eat nearby since I was starving and was craving for one particular street food. Impressive service for a 3 star hotel. They have a rooftop (average) pool and a spa that had a 50% off promotion on some massages. I am so used to a hard chinese type of massages and good facials back in singapore that when these thai young girls gave me the massage, facial and foot spa, it lacked the experience that I wanted but hey, 700bht for everything, still not bad so I end up going near the bangla area and tried a much more thorough experienced thai massage. I think the spa would be good for first timers and who is not so particular with such things. Anyway, overall, I am very satisfied with the hotel. I have tried 3star-hotels in phuket but this is so far the best 3star hotel I've tried. I definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

The reception staff is less then friendly, the pool was full of insects and the location isn’t so great.
Not to mention the missing camera from one of our bags while left with reception on our last day.
The spa prices are very expensive compared to everywhere else and the breakfast options were minimal.
They do offer a shuttle for 700BHT to the airport which is handy; and the room's are really clean with comfy beds!
overall though there are a lot of better places to stay while visiting Patong!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
APKPATONG, Reservation Manager at APK Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2010
Dear Casey. I have already sent you the email but i would like to clarify here again on this board. The front desk area is the important area and we did installed CCTV on many areas so there's no chance that someone would think about stealing valuables from your bag. And as i checked the video, i didn't see anyone would reach your bag. It's likely that your camera would be stolen while transferring it to the airplane. When you keep valuables at the side of the bag without locking your bag, i think there are more chances to be stolen and you will just realize that something is missed when you back home. We are sorry that you faced this unexpected experience though.
Venice, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

This is the first time to visit phuket for honeymoon trip.when I come to the lobby for check in the staff at reception is very friendly and smile always .and they greeting us by wai and gave us for a cold towel and welcome drink that great for us .and when i go to the room they are decorate the bed and bath but with floral is amazing .Is make memorize for us so much.when I ask for something staff is excite to help.so I reccommend this hotel for traveller who want to save money, but need service is the same 5 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

It is close to everything you need, but to get to wherever you want to go to is a big hassle! The roads are under construction, cars (tuk tuks), bikes and other moving vehicles are all over the place.

On our first day, the staff wasnt friendly at all! they were setting us rules about guests, which we never asked about and "if you break this, if you do that..you will pay this!" they never made us comfortable!

Free internet was a blow! it worked once every other day!
Breakfast wasnt bad.

It says resort & spa...well i tell you that its not!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
APKPATONG, Reservation Manager at APK Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2010
Thank you for sharing your comment to fellow TA travelers. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Anyway, it's a normal practice for our front desk staff to inform you in regards to hotel's policies and other information that you might be interested to know. And you cannot really say you haven't be informed

Been to APK Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!