“find some where else to stay” 1 of 5 stars

Baantonsai Garden Resort
186 Nanai Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #256 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“find some where else to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

my partner and I stayed here as a stop over hotel as we had just landed in phuket. it was about midnight-1am when we followed other passengers from the bus to this hotel to see if they had available rooms.
the reception staff were incredibly rude shouting 'you have to pay NOW' when we were handing over money. One member of staff stated one price and another said a more expensive price so they were clearly tying to rip us off! they even said our room was 100baht more because it had a TV when we didn't ask for a. Television.
after finally checking in with the incredibly rude staff we found our room way back through some trees- the room was very basic and old fashioned but if you just need it for sleeping then it's adequate.
the water coming from the bathroom sink was yellow and toilet was stained and very dirty.
we did not stay to look Around the next morning and just left for another hotel with better manners.
over all would suggest you stay somewhere else if you want a decent room and to be spoken to like a human being.

• Stayed May 2013

Families
Business
Daejeon, South Korea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

The cleaning staff stole from me and the management was entirely apathetic to my situation. I stayed at the Baantonsai resort for about one week in February 2011. At first I thought it was an okay place. The price was decent at 650 THB a night but near the end of my time there I tried to find a pair of swimming shorts that had one of my bankcards in its pocket. I could not find the swimming shorts. When my Thai-speaking girlfriend informed the front desk about the situation they said they could do nothing and did not believe us. At first I assumed I must have lost the swimming shorts somewhere else. I though: who would steal a pair of swimming shorts? Since I lost my bankcard I could not afford the room and had to check out. After checking out of the Baantonsai resort I counted the cash in my money clip. Taken from the center of the clip, I found I was missing 20 USD and 10,000 KRW. Due to foolishly trusting that Baantonsai Resort was a respectable establishment I was left stranded in Thailand with barely enough money to survive. I'm still here in Thailand. I might have to sell a kidney to get home. Keep your internal organs and if you come to Patong Beach: don't stay at the Baantonsai Resort.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

We just wanted to stay somewhere quiet that did'nt cost the earth. After emailing a few people we decided on this hotel/motel.
There are two parts of the hotel, Baantonsai at the front and the Natural Resort at the back.
When we arrived at the hotel it was about 1900hrs and we were given our key and left to find our room (not hard to find). Everything is on ground level and there are security guards at both entrances.
We stayed in room 103 NR which had a massive bed, colour tv, and a basic kitchen area, firdge, sink and seating area (no cooker).
We went for a walk and realised we were only 5 mins to the beach (Dolphin Bar end), 5 min walk to the Hard Rock cafe, and about 15 mins walk to Carrefour on the new back road.
The hotel is basic, but has 2 pools which were never busy, in the reception you could buy snacks, drinks and even a breakfast. They had safes which were located in a secure part of the reception.
Everything you need is only a couple of mins walk, 7/11, coffee shops and an Ozzy run chemist.
We have been to Patong many times, staying in many different types of hotels, and this is by far the best for people looking for budget accommodation, so much so we have booked to go back in March for a month.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Baantonsai Garden Resort? Share your experiences!