“A comfortable hotel - nice quiet location in the middle of Patong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palmyra Patong Resort

You added Palmyra Patong Resort to your Saves list
Palmyra Patong Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   91/3 Rat-U-Thit Rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #58 of 293 Hotels in Patong
“A comfortable hotel - nice quiet location in the middle of Patong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights in Palmyra Resort in the beginning of our holiday and came back for another 3 nights towards the end of our holiday.

Booking was done directly through their website, and all throughout the hotel Manager, El, has been responding timely to all our enquiries. We arrived around 1 AM at night and a comfortable and clean room was waiting for us.

The standard rooms are not great but deluxe rooms are very good. Furniture was of good quality, bathrooms are spacious and clean with bathtub and rainshower. Breakfast selection was good and there was plenty of food for everyone. Swimming pool is mid sized and clean. Customer service was friendly and helpful. Wireless internet is provided for free. Hotel location is ideal, tucked in a small alleyway (well lit and lined with trees), but only very short walking distance to the beach and Bangla road. Food, drinks and transportation prices are also reasonable.

Overall we were very happy and feel this comfortable hotel is very good value for money.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

stayed during Nov. realised their standard rooms was quite old. with no water kettle, or hair dryer given. These need to be requested! even cups. but we paid and got upgrade to the deluxe room. good room, but the wooden chairs provided on the blacony has white ants! i dont know if its white termites! shock..

we noticed that the towels were not changed too, just folded back to the original place.
we were kinda shock about this.

breakfast served was not bad. different dishes everyday :)

staffs were friendly

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I booked this hotel several months ago when there was only 1 or 2 reviews on trip advisor. I had been keeping an eye on recent reviews and was quitely confident that i had made a good descision. I stayed at 3 hotels ranging from 30 AUD a night to 150 AUD a night during our trip to various beaches in Phuket. This was in the middle of these price ranges.So i was not expecting 5 stars, but clean acoomodation and good service. I will try to keep my review as brief as possible.
- handy location not to far to the beach or bangla rd
- clean rooms
- nice pool area very small
- nice enough breakfast
-smooth enough check in although we had to find our name in the pile of papers at the reception desk
- prompt emails from El (the manager)
- will not open the Gym till 10am, nobody likes to work out in the heat of the day
- went to pool bar stood there for 2 mins (no one else there) and 1 staff member was clipping her finger nails while the other read the paper, i had to interupt them to place my order
- at about 9pm one evening i dropped a glass in my room, which smashed. I called reception and asked for a cleaner they said there was no one and to mop it with a towel. Little pieces of glass on the floor overnight.
- i was happy to pay for the broken glass, however 2 days later they knocked on my door to get me to sign the 1.75 AUD fee. I did have the do not disturb on the door at the time it was 10.30am, they knocked twice and i finally let them in. Do not disturb means DO NOT DISTURB!!
-Internet expensive and rarely worked
- Check out took 1 hr and 20 mins, i paid a deposit 4 months ago for 1 night to secure my booking. They said they had no record of it despite me showing them an email from El (the manager) comfirming with me that they had recieved my deposit and were looking forward to seeing us when we stayed. They tried to charge me for 6 instead of 5 nights as i had paid one. After 1 hour they asked us to get our credit card statement of the internet to prove the payment, we did it this and it was there. They admited we had paid but offered no apology. Even though they held us up for so long there was no sense of urgency to fix the problem and get us on our way. We did only pay for 5 nights

I would recommend that if friendly and helpful service is important to you to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank live4holidays9
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I guess this hotel just remodeled and opened under a different name in the last year. I upgraded to a superior room, which was a small amount more than the standard room, and I highly recommend it. I got a really good deal on Agoda for a last minute booking, where the rate was 50% less than any other website. The room itself was very modern, roomy, and clean. There is even a window from the bathtub to the bedroom, and there is a separate shower and bathtub in the bathroom. The hotel had a very boutique feel to it, which is to say that while it was not a 5 star resort, it still had a fair amount of style and character. The pool was very nice, with a few bar stools in the water, outside the bar, as well as some swim-up rooms, if you really want to take advantage of it. I also had a free breakfast buffet, which was outside, next to the pool. They had a good selection of rice/noodles/veggies in Thai/Asian style, as well as various breakfast meats, cereals, and an omelette station. The wi-fi was free, but my room was in the dead center of the main tower, and I could barely get a signal, so they need to add a few more access points.

One thing to keep in mind is that this hotel is 300 meters back from the main road that it is on, and at least a KM to the beach or to the main shopping mall/walking street. The map on the hotel website says they are a 5-7 min walk, but it was more like a 20-25 minute walk. Also, since it is a new hotel, many of the taxi drivers do not know where it is, so make sure you have the hotel phone number, as well as a map, as the map was worthless to my taxi driver, since it was so vague. There is a row of Thai/seafood restaurants on the opposite side of the street, across from the hotel, but the main center of Patong is a bit of a walk away.

But Patong itself is not an easy city to get around, unless you really like to walk. The 2 main streets are one way, so its not that easy to just hop in a Tuk Tuk. There are practically no taxis, very few moto-taxis, and no buses or songethaws. So be prepared to walk a lot, especially if you stay at this hotel. They also have a bit of a scam going on with their hotel shuttle. They charge ฿650 for the airport shuttle, which is ฿50-200 more than some of the other hotels' airport shuttles. And they will not help you call a taxi or minibus to the airport, since they want you to use their overpriced service (the minibus to the airport is ฿150 per person, and the taxi is ฿450, fixed rate, for the car). If you have a large group, their service is OK, but if there are only 1-3 of you, you are better off arranging your own transport, either at the airport, or at one of the many tour desks around Patong (there are 2 right outside the hotel, on the main road.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
guwahati, Assam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

We stayed at this property for 5 nights with our daughters (aged 9 & 6) .A marvelous small resort with a great location, serene, calm and peaceful place. 10 minutes walking distance from Bangla road and Patong Beach. There is a about 30-50 meters walk from the main building of the Hotel to the main road, which get sometimes worrying in the night, otherwise its okay. You will find numbers of massage centers just at the entrance of the property, on both the sides. You will get good and satisfying service there.
We stayed in the Pool Access Room #1101, and our daughters enjoyed thoroughly. The best thing about this Hotel, that we liked the most, is the access to the pool from our room. The rooms were tastefully done, keeping in mind of basic needs . The wardrobe was too small for the long stay. We have asked for the extra Bed, which was provided, and was surprisingly of good quality. But after putting the extra bed, there will be no space for any free movement in the room. We have asked and requested number of times both the Housekeeping Staff as well as the Ladies at the Front Desk, to remove the extra bed during the day time, but it was never done throughout our stay. The Service is not upto the mark. Either they are understaffed or they are not trained enough to cater to the simple and basic needs. Another problem which we faced is the Room key Card, they will not issue you the second Key Card, it seems it is against their hotel policy???? Now, this is something which is very difficult to digest. We have stayed best of the Hotels as well as many small places around the world, where we always get the second key card for the guest convenience, but not here....????. If one of you in the room comes late in the night, then either you will have to wake up your partner or you will have to search the front office executives to get them to use their Master Key Card. And not once but thrice during our stay, we have to search him and request him to open my room, which was not only irritating but very tiring too. The Management should take note of this thing and try to ponder about it and should think about the remedy of this highly non understandable problem. If security is the issue, then they should make themselves, able, to rectify it.
The Bathroom was good, with clean Bath Tub, and separate shower area, with sufficient area. They will give you ample numbers of Towels and they will also stock your bathroom sufficiently with the toiletries.
I strongly suggest that you should try to stay in the Pool Access Room only, and if availability is there then you should book the Pool Access Suite. And try to stay in the New Block, never in the Old Block. They have got a wonderful pool, with their own small kids area, and a small waterfall at the other end, which the kids enjoyed. Overall the Pool area was great.
The Breakfast area is awesome, it is around the Pool and you really feel refreshed in the morning. The seating arrangement is very intelligently made and you thoroughly enjoy it. The Breakfast is sufficient and the staff during the breakfast time in the morning are very attentive, prompt and are always eager to help you, which you will not find in the staff during the daytime or in the evening. Both the quality and quantity is excellent. And the best part is that they do not repeat it the next day.
They have a fitness area, but throughout our stay it was not working, so not able to say much about it.
The quality of Food in the restaurant was excellent. We have ordered their Cheese Burger and Grilled Chicken Breast alongwith French fries in the room. Which were highly delicious and yummy. The Girls enjoyed the food. But again, no one will turn up to take away your empty plates and leftovers from the room. Inspite of several requests it was not done. They really need immense improvements in their service department. we used to take our plates and leftovers ourselves back to the restaurant. Such a nice place, with good rooms, excellent pool, fabulous restaurant, enchanting area but real poor service, which brings the overall grade down drastically.
This is my personal request and note to the management :
A great place but kindly see to it that someone is directed to take care of small but very important issues like the second key card / and service in the room like taking away the extra bed during the day time and collection of the leftovers after the in-room orders.
I will definitely come and stay again with my family next time. Remember we have enjoyed a lot here but PLEASE make improvement in the service section, to make our stay next time more memorable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank vishweshsingh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

where to start ....well with the booking quick to respond answered any questions , so took this as a good sign and I was sooo right.

our stay was for 15 nights in a family villa with 3 children , friend stayed in pool access room. Upon arrival we were greeted by the front reception by a lovely girl named DIDI she was amazing. we were shown our villa and asked if it was ok in the kids room was a king size bed not two beds however kids were more than happy so we didnt need to change rooms which they would have done.
The Family Villas are in the old Chaba building , though not new however very clean and spacious, they will be getting renovated. Our balacony looked over the pool and could pretty much see everywhere which was great as we had kids.

Palmyra is very family friendly , all the staff knew our kids and were so friendly always talking to them , they would go down to breakfast on their own if they left stuff behind at the pool it was always there for them when they went back. They knew the kids names and always had a chat with them. We got Didi to babysit i was nervous but the kids were so excitied when she arrived i soon felt at ease. she was fantastic.
We were lucky enough to meet the owner whilst we were there He also great with our kids always went out of his way to chat with us and even got one of our boys a birthday cake cause he knew it was his b'day..Fantastic.

All in all , the whole staff were FANTASTIC, more than accomdating, always smiling and happy , Facilities fantastic very clean.
Resturant was quite nice and breakfast was good too.

at the end of driveway on the left is where we were getting our massages - fantastic girls were lovely.
good lil market on the left and a dvd place on the left of driveway.
Roscos ok but one of very few places kids can play pool

10 mins from bangla about 20 from otop.
Tip if getting tuk tuk let them know you want to go to Chaba villa , Palmyra is still very new.

I will reccomend this place to all.
WE will be back to Palmyra

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank tracey1828
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

If you’re a tired, weary and hungry traveler this is such a huge disappointment when all you want to do is to get to a room as quickly as possible to lie down or take a shower. It took us at least an hour and a half to be shown to our room. It may seem like a good new hotel with a nice pool (looks bigger in the photos), but a disorganized frenzy personnel and inefficient system is the reflection of poor management which brings it down.

We were having our holiday in Koh Lanta and decided to take a ferry to Phuket. I read of Palmyra Patong first from tripadvisor, and seeing that they had so many good reviews decided to book five days with them. We might as well have stayed back in Koh Lanta –

I emailed them about our reservation, and they promptly replied (that was a good start). Their website says they offer hotel transfers, so I requested if they could pick us up from the Pier from Phi Phi/ Koh Lanta, which they replied “Perhaps you can get a taxi to
our resort to make it easier”. (minus 10 points)

After a 3 hour rough ferry ride, we took a forty minute taxi to the hotel. When we arrived, we were greeted by a nice gentleman at the entrance (I believe he was the owner/manager of the resort), and our bags were carried into the reception. There was one uptight receptionist who neither smiled nor greeted us, so we just sat down and waited at the table. I told her my name and said we had a room reservation. She went through some papers and told me that she can’t find it, gave me a stack of them to go through and find my own name. When I said it wasn’t there, she asked me “Do you have a printout?” A printout of what! I told her that the person who replied to me was El and if they had an employee of that name, she should as him/her or go through their emails. Or if they had available rooms, then we will take it. We later learned that they didn’t have any electricity and their systems were down. I inquired if their wi-fi was working; she said yes and gave me the password so I can show her my hotel confirmation from my email. Wi-fi didn’t work as well (minus 10 points)! Their lobby had 3 internet stations, but you had to pay for its use (1000 baht for 3 days) whereas in every other hotel in Thailand it is free of charge (minus 10 points).

Anyway, we decided to get something to eat first at their restaurant to give them time to figure it out.

About the restaurant food: we ordered noodles and stir-fry vegetables. The noodles were overcooked, which all clumped together in one ball. We couldn’t make out that there were noodles in there! The stir-fry vegetables were good but half of the plate was occupied by the decorative garnish, it was the smallest serving so far in our stay in Thailand. Our bill was around 600baht.

After an hour and a half (that should have been enough time), we went back to the reception. We inquired if the room was already available. There were more people in the reception desk this time- all obviously panicky/angry/ blameful at each other for the blunder. Yet apparently, an hour and a half was not enough- Eventually we got a deluxe room after walking to and fro a couple or rooms with the wrong set of keys and a very apologetic personnel almost in the brink of tears. I wanted to run away!

The room was spacious and clean, the bed a bit hard.

We went out for the night and came back around 2am. Around 3-4am, we got several knocks on our door. It troubled us, but we didn’t want to bother to get up from bed. Who would keep on knocking at that hour especially when we didn’t answer the first time around? They have cameras on their hallways so they could check if we ask in the morning. But by the next day we were too disturbed by all the events we decided to find another hotel immediately, waved a tuktuk to wait for us downstairs while we packed, paid our bill and hoped to never looked back….

We found a hotel near Bangla and Beach road, half the price of what we paid in Palmyra. Welcoming and accommodating receptionists that took us to the room only after writing down our names (in less than 2 minutes). Now that is efficiency!

In the morning I realized that in my scurry to run away from Palmyra, I forgot to pack my hair treatment and hand lotion from Body Shop, which I left on the bedside table the night before. I called them immediately, so I could pick it up. I stayed in Room 1208 Checked in October 11, checked out October 12. They made me wait for 30 minutes then asked me to call back. They didn’t find it. Whereas in other hotels, you would read guests leaving their swimsuits behind or their child’s toy, and the hotel management would go to the extent of mailing it back to them to their own country…. Don’t expect this from Palmyra. I was still in Phuket, and it was less than 12 hours since I checked out and they couldn’t trace left belongings. (minus 50 points!)

My advice: go to another hotel, save yourselves the entire hazard or a ruined holiday.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple