“Nice, modern, clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Geneva
“Nice, modern, clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Very nice hotel. I spent 2 weeks in August 2011 with my girlfriend there and we very much appreciated the modern and clean room (superior room in the new wing). It's not a top-end hotel though, but you get all what you can expect for the price. A 10 minutes walk from the Jungceylon Shoppingmall and 5-10 minutes to the beach, with restaurants and small shops next to the hotel. I absolutely recommend the hotel for couples and families and would come back to stay there at anytime.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Thai first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We were here in January 2012. So nice. Easy access everywhere and really nice staff. Everything worked good, food drinks etc really nice!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Nelson, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Pool access Room was fantastic, as were staff and locaction. In Patong it's great to be close to the be and the busy area, but not amongst it. The rooms are clean and spacious and the shops and surrrounding restuarants were also good.

Room Tip: Choose a poolside room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Just came back from there a week ago and I was very pleased. The room is very spacious, clean and my girl loves the pool so much eventhough the pool is not that big but just nice for us to chill around by the pool side. Good location where you can find lotsa seafood restaurants nearby. Friendly staffs & helpful too. We stayed for 4D3N and we were sad to leave. Will definitely come back again for our next trip to Phuket.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My bf and I booked this hotel through Agoda with fairly cheap room rates. We stayed here for 5 days 4 nights and I have to say that we do not have any complaints over this accommodation. Room was spaciously and fairly clean with quite a few channels for the tv. Location wise is good as well. It is about 10-15 mins from the Patong Beach and the main road is a short walk (1-2 mins) from the resort. Lots of seafood, souvenirs and massage parlors along the way. The resort is bout 10-15 mins walk to the Jungceylon shopping mall; the mall did not do much for me. Resort staff are quite prompt with request and the receptionists speak quite good English. Pool and pool chairs are comfortable with cocktails for only 85 baht from 12pm-5pm. Very good deal! The only downside was the same choice for breakfast for all the days. Overall, we are satisfied with the resort and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Request for the rooms at the old Chaba villa (only 3 storeys high). It is more peaceful as it does n...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We are enjoying our last night out of 4 here with our 2 young daughters. We have not enjoyed Phuket, but we have enjoyed our stay here. We have a family villa which is a 2 storey self contained unit with full kitchen and 3 bathrooms. The unit is very spacious, very clean and perfect for us. The pool is beautiful and the garden equally as nice. Its a reasonably quiet place, with access up a long driveway, which is great as it's away from the noise of Patong but still only 2 blocks to the beach.
The staff are fantastic,very friendly and very helpful. The food here is outstanding! Great prices and great food, we ate here every night!! Happy hour with 85 baht cocktails from midday til 5 is well appreciated too!

Room Tip: Family units are perfect for families with any age kids but the pool access rooms look great too.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I agree with some of the previous reviews, the pictures on the resort website are deceiving! The standard rooms are old, although spacious! They are comfortable but the superior rooms at a fraction more are definitely better. But the good part about the hotel ends there, at least from my experience. The service standards are very poor in the hotel, and most of the staff are either not trained properly or are rigid enough to change their attitude, which is very surprising for Thailand. Thais are generally known for their super service.

The problems we had were; a. There were no laundry bag and price list in our room. Even after letting the reception know about this, I had to tell the HK staff multiple times before getting this. b. The set of glasses kept in our room were dirty, but they were wrapped and kept on the table. That was just awful. c. I went to the reception to ask the staff for some change as I only had a 1,000 baht note. The lady was extremely rude about it, and said, if I give you all the change, how will I work here! A simple No would have done the job! d. Room service was extremely overpriced, a garlic bread was priced at 180 baht!!! e. The breakfast buffet had a good spread, and I ordered a cappuccino which was good, but I was later charged for the coffee! The staff did not inform me about this when I ordered, and when I asked why I wasn't told about it, the explanation was that the staff is new! Ridiculous!

I wouldn't stay here again!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are old, opt for the Superior rooms!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Palmyra Patong Resort? Share your experiences!