“Clean and very well situated Hostel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Time Out Hotel

You added Time Out Hotel to your Saves list
Time Out Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   92 Taveewong Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #109 of 339 Patong B&B and Inns
“Clean and very well situated Hostel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I planned to stay there 3 days but when i realized i had sea view, big room and was just in front of the beach and less than 2 minutes from bengla road for cheap price i decided to stay all my holydays. Of course its better to negotiate the price, don't book before going. I payed 800 baths because i was staying "long" time. Its very cheap. As i said u can dress you swimsuit and go to the beach or if you want to go in bangla it's just 2 minutes by walking. Very clean, conditionned air. Only thing that can disapoint you is that the entry is a snack shop and also there is NO SAFEbox in the rooms, but i don't caere i just needed a good hotel for a cheap price and that s what i get. A friend of mine was in a small room with her baybe, the room was really not as good as mine, so its worth going there if you can have on of the 3 big rooms in front of the sea.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I book this hotel through Agoda.com. It is quite cheap for 3 nights stay. This hotel is opposite the beach. My room is very spacious. At first, I'm quite suprised that this hotel is in the Subway restaurant. The only downside is this hotel don't have elevator to 4th floor but I can consider it as exercise. Very near to Bangla Road.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012 via mobile

Location is pretty good here. Located above a subway and directly across the road from the beach. About 5 minutes walk from the busy bangla road and close to alot of restaurants and smaller bars. Only down side I found in the week I stayed was aircon in our room was terrible. Our friends was much better (in another room) so luck of the draw there, and it was quite noisy up until 2am. Which only bothered me one night as I wasn't drunk. Pretty much super spot if you want a place close to the party and the beach, which is cheap. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed January 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

This hotel is great if you are budget traveller, looking to explore Patong and just use the hotel as a place to dump your bags and sleep in. The hotel is right accross the road from Patong Beach, in the very centre of one of the busiest most crowded strips on the Patong main road. It gets fairly noisy, especially in the night, so if you want peace and quiet this place is definitely not for you (and you should probably give Patong a miss too)

We could actually see the beach if we looked out of the window. We walked in with no reservations, and got a great deal on the price (1200 bhatt a night/ AC room). The room was small, but resonably clean. The mattersses on the beds are hard, though we didnt mind that. The bathroom is tiny, (no bathtubs) but with a decent shower and hot and cold water. The young man at the front desk was polite and helpful. The entrance to the hotel is though an icecream palour, and there is no elevator, so if you have heavy bags, you will have to climb flights of stairs.

All in all, there was nothing memorable about our stay at Time Out, but for the price we paid, and given the purpose of our trip (to laze on the beach and wander around Patong at night) I have no complaints. We stayed two nights and then moved to the nearby Swiss Hotel, which was nicer, slightly quieter, and better value for money.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, bc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

My friends and I stayed there and we found that the laceration was amazing. Right across from the beach, along the main street in Patong, it can't get much better than that. We were wrong.

Well, being right across from the beach and being on the main drag in Patong is probably the noisiest place to be. My room was on the 4 floor in a place that didn't have an elevator. Lucky I an athletic and can do the stairs but this place is not a place for someone with any type of mobility issues.

The rooms are smaller than you'd think due to the clever lens they used in the marketing brochure images. The beds were hard and I felt the springs through the top of the bed, it seemed like there are NO padding on the top if the bed.

The hotel is locate in the back of the Time Out frozen yogurt shop, which was staffed with pretty girls, but the hotel desk staff was pretty unfriendly and useless if you as me. I asked for a couple of things and they just shook their heads and made no apologies, just too bad for me. For the price, we moved and found a more affordable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Budapest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed this hotel 1 night fortunatelly. The room is very dirty, the bed also. One window which is back in our bed can't open. Behind this window there were a canal, where the water babbled. The place is very loud.
The receptionist kindly, but ...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Time Out Hotel? Share your experiences!