“Great Experience. :)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nap Patong

You added Nap Patong to your Saves list
Nap Patong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 / 55 Haad Patong Rd. | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #10 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great Experience. :)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at the Nap for 2 nights this summer at Patong. Overall, I think it was a good for value place to stay for such a new and trendy place in Phuket where all the hotels are pretty old and worn. But still there are both positives and negatives about the hotel that gave it only 3 stars.

Positives;

1. Good Location - Although it is not attached to the Patong Beach, it is only around 3 minutes walk from the beach. The Nap is located around the end of Beach Road which made it convenient but it wasn't where the most developed area was (around Bangla Road - more further down Beach Road)
2. Clean and New - For a hotel in Phuket, the Nap, which is only 2 years old, was very clean and new. Phuket has been developed as a tourism island for such a long time that most of the hotels are pretty old and worn.
3. **Breakfast - I personally thought the breakfast was very satisfying but my child - teenager - saw it pretty disappointing. Because the size of the hotel is small, the breakfast buffet cannot be too big. There was a big amount of salad and veggies but not too much for the younger ones.

Negatives;

1. Pool - The size of the pool was tiny while the sunlight was piercingly hot. As an effect, the water was way too warm for my family's liking and we ended up only visiting the pool once. I advise you to go out to Patong Beach in the morning before breakfast - there are almost no people unlike the busy afternoons of Patong Beach and the peace is much better than the pool.
2. Construction Noise - There is a big construction going on right across the road, which gives out lots of construction noises. Although it doesn't go on at night and our family was out most of the time in Patong, for couples that will stay a lot in the rooms, I would not recommend you this hotel.
3. ***Location - It is not too center in the hustle bustle of Patong.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to people who want a bit of distance from all the noise of Patong. But also those who will be out pretty often since the hotel itself doesn't have much entertainment. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the East Side since there is construction going on around the west.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My first trip to Phuket with my bf. Stayed at the nap for 2 nights. friendly and helpful staff. Great location - 3 mins to the beach and 15 mins to Bangla Road and other major attraction. The hotel even have shuttle bus service to shopping mall if you are lazy to walk. Check out the timing with the friendly staff. Very nice room with free wifi and free mini bar + lovely balcony. I stayed at level 4 with swimming pool view. The best time that I had was to wake up in the morning and enjoy my morning coffee at the balcony with the sound of seashore (even though I cannot see the beach from my hotel room). The Nap is nothing but the first choice - our only problem is mosquitoes, which I guess it will have in any other hotels too.

Room Tip: They have private pool for their villa room :)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay.
Very Helpful staff(helped organize transfers in koh Samui), good location, next door bar/restaurant (nap patong) really good.
Nice rooms. Great air con. Nice small rooftop pool. Good shower.
Only downside is no bar/food service at rooftop bar, but apart from that. Great place to stay, staff very nice and helpful, especially oak at the front counter.
will recommend to all and would stay here again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Did not have a clue where to stay in Patong ,there is so much available in the low season, but trusted tripadvisor again and we were very happy.
The Nap is a beatiful modern, clean freindly well run medium sized hotel in an excellent location ,not directly in the noisey area but close to the beach and not too far from the main shopping.Everything is A1, the the place is great,pool terrific and the staff could not be more freindly and helpful. Glad to have spent our 3 days there,only sorry we could not stay longer,.. J & M Melbourne

Room Tip: Free wifi in the rooms etc and 2 new Apple macs downstairs for use no charge.good value in good poss...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Izegem, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

For me, it has been the 3rd or 4th time in Phuket on Patong Beach. Two times I was in Deevana Patong, one time in Diamond Cliff Resort. I'm not going to review those hotels here but The Nap is out of league for those two resorts !

When you arrive at the lobby you just have to get in to a relaxing vibe ! There is lounge music, there are 2 beds and a lot of chairs in this area. You feel this stay is going to be perfect ! They have a little shop where you can buy some things you may have forgotten, there is a travel desk as well if you want to visit things. I can't tell how these are because i didn't make use of it. I just wanted to relax and be very lazy !

The rooms are big, clean and comfortable. You have a tv + dvd player, free minibar (no alcoholic drinks), nice shower and your private balcony that has a view on the pool. I was thinking the pool was on the rooftop but in fact it's on the first or second floor.

They have a nice bar where you can have a drink all day long. We went there every evering around 6 pm for about an hour. They have a happy hour for a selection of several drinks. You can have a look at the big screen tv to watch golf, Formula 1 or whatever you like while drinking your Singha !

It's a very nice hotel where families enjoy their holidays. It's not the place where you should go if you want to take a different girl out of Bangla Road every night ! If that's what you want, you need to look for another hotel.

I will certainly go back to The Nap next time I will visit Patong Beach !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

When I arrived the first day at Nap Patong, I am already impressed. The check in time is 12pm but we arrived at the hotel at 10am and without asking they have already arranged for us to check into room. Rooms are clean and there free minibar. Towels are allowed to take out and use it at the beach. Service is splendid. I was there to celebrate my birthday and to my surprise they have arrange a birthday cake and left it my hotel room. It just end my birthday on a wonderful note. Breakfast is good but it will be good if there is more selection. On a overall note, I am sure to come back to Nap patong. Well done team :)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Me and my partner stayed at the nap for 8 nights from the 16th july, i chose it because of the reviews on this site and as its my first overseas trip ever with my partner i kept researching. Thank god i chose the nap! It is such a calming beautiful place. The decor is really modern, we had a small pool right outside our door which i normally walked through to the big pool.
breakfast was nice and they change it everyday so no boredom there, the room itself is quite big and really clean. They restock the minibar (free drinks ~ non alcoholic) everyday and clean our room without us needing to hang the sign out.

The staff is all very well mannered. We bought 4 tours all through the tour desk at the hotel. The guide was great, each day he reminded us about the pickup time it felt so personalised.

All in all the nap made my first trip to phuket very memorable and fantastic! The only problem was when we left to go to bangkok i could not stop whining about how i missed the nap to my partner!!! Lol

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Nap Patong? Share your experiences!