We stayed at the Nap for 2 nights this summer at Patong. Overall, I think it was a good for value place to stay for such a new and trendy place in Phuket where all the hotels are pretty old and worn. But still there are both positives and negatives about the hotel that gave it only 3 stars.
1. Good Location - Although it is not attached to the Patong Beach, it is only around 3 minutes walk from the beach. The Nap is located around the end of Beach Road which made it convenient but it wasn't where the most developed area was (around Bangla Road - more further down Beach Road)
2. Clean and New - For a hotel in Phuket, the Nap, which is only 2 years old, was very clean and new. Phuket has been developed as a tourism island for such a long time that most of the hotels are pretty old and worn.
3. **Breakfast - I personally thought the breakfast was very satisfying but my child - teenager - saw it pretty disappointing. Because the size of the hotel is small, the breakfast buffet cannot be too big. There was a big amount of salad and veggies but not too much for the younger ones.
1. Pool - The size of the pool was tiny while the sunlight was piercingly hot. As an effect, the water was way too warm for my family's liking and we ended up only visiting the pool once. I advise you to go out to Patong Beach in the morning before breakfast - there are almost no people unlike the busy afternoons of Patong Beach and the peace is much better than the pool.
2. Construction Noise - There is a big construction going on right across the road, which gives out lots of construction noises. Although it doesn't go on at night and our family was out most of the time in Patong, for couples that will stay a lot in the rooms, I would not recommend you this hotel.
3. ***Location - It is not too center in the hustle bustle of Patong.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to people who want a bit of distance from all the noise of Patong. But also those who will be out pretty often since the hotel itself doesn't have much entertainment. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate HIP HOTEL is just a short stroll to the bustling capital of Phuket’s nightlife, while tucked away in the heart of Patong Beach. Delivering a balance of calm, style and uncompromising quality, The Nap is a chic haven for those in search of a holiday to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Nap Patong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Nap Patong Hotel Patong
- Nap Patong Phuket