“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Amethyst Residence

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patong
Amethyst Residence
198/3-4 Phung Muang Sai Gor Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #195 of 261 hotels in Patong
Richmond
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at the Amethyst Residence. I had the cheapest room available and it was fine. You get what you pay for for sure. The room had a musty smell but probably due to the fact it was windowless. It was clean and the air conditioned worked well, which was important. The hotel has cable and it was nice to have a full selection of channels to watch at the end of the day. It was easy walking distance to all the attractions and because it is located down a side street it was also a quiet location. A couple of items that I would like to see changed are extra locks on the door once you are in the room and a safe that is in the room as well. There are safety deposit boxes in the lobby, but I would prefer to have them located in the rooms. Overall it was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012 via mobile

I would have many good things to say about this property from nice quiet location but near the hype of patong, lovely clean rooms with comfortable beds and bath facilities. One prominent displeasure we had was the many mosquitoes in the lobby area which fed on us whenever we were at the lobby checking safe boxes or talking to the receptionists. But we believe this may be seasonal. Also Thailand is the land of the smiles and perhaps the helpful reception staff can offer us the same smiles they gave to fellow Caucasian guests, this would definitely make us feel more welcomed. However all in all a great place to stay and we will recommend this place for those seeking economical yet quality accommodation in Patong.

• Stayed January 2012
blackburn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Amethyst in December 2011 between Christmas and new year. We booked through agoda and paid around £22 a night.  We got off to a rough start as the receptionist firstly told us there was no room available but offered us a room at a nearby hotel. After asking for our money back due to the inconvenience he then told us 'actually' there was a room for us.  Once the issues were resolved and he kindly helped with our bags we were pleased to find a nice fresh and clean room. It had a balcony, good air con, tv, safe and complementary water. There was a 'wet room' with shower, sink and toilet. For the price the Amethyst is ideal and in a good location. Close enough to  road and the beach but far enough to not have to hear the racket! It has shops, quiet bars and restaurants within easy reach and nearby taxis and tuk tuks. The only negatives I could say are:-
*several mix ups with members of staff over room and booking
*my boyfriend and i got bitten under the sheets at this hotel and not really affected elsewhere (stayed at several hotels on this holiday)
Despite these negative points I would certainly stay at the amethyst again and for the money you can't complain! I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2011
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Located on a side street within easy walking distance of the beach and nightlife, the Amethyst Residence was a quiet haven in lively Patong. The owner, Gary, provided advice and support on everything from snorkelling sites nearby to travel across the island and over to Phi Phi. Room décor was pleasing and the accommodation comfortable. The only minor drawback was that in my case the shower was an integral part of the washroom – so the floor could get a bit slippery.

Accommodation didn’t include breakfast, but eating facilities are nearby at the intersection to the side street. The APK Hotel cafeteria is on the SE corner – but I recommend the little place on the NE corner – where meals were a fraction of the price and the service friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Bli Bli, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

This Is a great place to stay in Patong only a few minutes from the Beach close to the Bars and Food outlets and Jungceylon Shpooing, The rooms are good value for money, the Staff are good and most importantly the rooms are clean and safe, If you are looking for good value check in here you will not be dissapointed Hero the manager is a good man

Tony

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

After the many positive reviews on TripAdvisor I was expecting better.

I found my room to be dirty, a simple 'rush job' clean with hair in the bathroom, dirty towels, etc. Main issue was broken shower head that could only be hand held, and hard to control water temp (more of general problem in most of Thai hotels).

However the free wifi was fast and the location is handy to Jungceylon and the Patong nightlife, while the staff were friendly.

I didn't give the hotel an opportunity to fix the problems as I only stayed 1 night and needed rest rather than testing complaint resolution skills. Just expected better.

• Stayed February 2011
nicedad51, Owner at Amethyst Residence, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
I am sorry the guest did not complain about the condition of the room when first checking in, as the issue wouild have been addressed immediately. During this, our first high season since opening, we have been fully booked and on occassion have struggled a little bit to have all our rooms clean and ready for new guests checking in. I really question the 'dirty towels' comment and the broken/loose shower head has been fixed. There is no problem with water temperature control, it simply takes a minute or two for the hot water to come out but after that, there is never a problem with maintaining a constant temperature. All of the issues mentioned could have, and would have been addressed within minutes had the guest taken the time to call the front desk. I have also take steps to ensure that this situation will not happen again in the future, having rooms double-checked before new guests check in. We pride ourselves in working to maintain the good reputation that most of our previous guests have created for us.
Chonburi, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a month from October until November while I was taking a course to teach English. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. The people at the desk were very pleasant and helped with absolutely everything that I asked for. The room was clean and a good size. It was not very loud as it is down a soi from the main road. The walk to the beach takes about 10 minutes and it is close to Jungceylon and Bangla Road. I will definitely be back at the Amethyst Residence.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Amethyst Residence? Share your experiences!