“what a pool!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hemingways Hotel Patong Beach

You added Hemingways Hotel Patong Beach to your Saves list
Hemingways Hotel Patong Beach
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   188/17-20 Phangmuang Sai Kor Road (Sai Sam) | near Jungceylon Shopping Center, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #123 of 356 Patong B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“what a pool!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

had a great stay over Xmas- new year... charlee up at the roof top bar makes a magnificent mojito and does a fine job as culinary advisor :-)

• Stayed December 2011
victornorman, Manager at Hemingways Hotel Patong Beach, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, however I should point out to other's reading it, that the pool you mention is at our sister hotel Patong Hemingway's which is only a few minutes walk away and is open to our guests here in Hemingway's.
regards

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks.. it was central to everything! The stay here was a pleasant stay. It's a family run operation with friendly staff that looked after us brilliantly, nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms were of average size that were comfortable and clean though the bathrooms were a bit small....but functioning :D I had to laugh as there was flowers on the toilets... but it was all done with the intent on making you feel welcome and we really were made to feel welcome. The prices are excellent and if you want a bit of a discount, chat to the management, we did and got our rooms cheaper! It was less then £30 per night... with no extra charges for late night guests ( we got there quite late), what more could we ask for?! If you don't want to eat Thai food, they supply very good english food too... even the good old full english breakfast, you can even have it made to order... or you can just go for the buffet, which was brilliant for the kids. The resturants are lovely, they even cook the fish you catch (if you can catch one). We had room service a couple of times too. The owners are fantastic, they couldn't do enough for us.. they were very polite and again, nothing was too much trouble. I was a bit worried about our money and passports being left in the room but they have safes available which sorted that out for me. It was a great location because the beach was across the road but there was loads of shops as well.. so ladies, if you like shopping, then this place is great! Would I go back there again.. definitely :D Seriously, I had no complaints staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HotelHemingways, General Manager at Hemingways Hotel Patong Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear J P O,
What can I say such a fantastic review. Just thank you. I feel you have covered many points which our future guests would be interested in. The staff were delighted to see your review as they try very hard to please all our guests. We would love to have you return to stay with us again.
Thank you so much.
Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Thank you to Victor and his team for another great stay at Hemingways. I was not going to write but i read Gamini D's review and thought that I would follow up for him. After surveying, the price from the airport to Patong is about 700 baht from the airport to Patong and 900 baht from Patong to the airport. Unfortunately the taxi driver owners have us by the short and curlies these days until phuket gets public transport. I asked Vic and the hotel just averages out the cost. Hemingways had brand new receptionists this week and they have been very kind to us so far. There is some construction going on at the 5 star hotel next door. In the long term (after November this year) it will make the whole area around Hemingways hotel a great place to stay. The hotel was kind enough to offer us an upgrade in their other hotel Patong Hemingways on Soi San Sabai while the drilling next door was going on. The new hotel is as good as the old one and has a swimming pool and bar on the rooftop. We ate in both hotel restaurants and found them to be vey good. Breakfast was full English or a choice of healthier options for the gym Queens.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is better for late night revelers as there is no view in either hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ryan,
Thank you for your kind comments which I passed onto the team. As you say its useful for guest to understand the costs of airport transfers can vary as does the standard of driver and vehicles. We have had many comments about how refreshing they found our driver and that he was a careful driver and that the car look new.
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

For what I paid, I was pleasantly surprised. This place ticked all the boxes for what I was looking for. 1) The price is right! 2) It's perfectly located.. in a quiet cul de sac minutes from all the action, the shopping mall and markets, and the beach is close by 3) The rooms were clean and spacious and you can open the windows to a small balcony (small enough to put stuff out to dry.. but not to sit out there.) And actually my view wasn't bad... overlooking the pool of the fancy hotel next door! 4) There's free wifi in rooms and the restaurant and computers for guests' use in the lobby. 5) There's a cute little pool area on the roof (small though) but I didn't have time to use it. Why would you when you could walk down to Patong beach in just 10 short minutes?! 6) The little restaurant on the ground floor is quite pleasant... but i didn't really eat there. This isn't the kind of place you'd stay if you want to spend your time lounging around the hotel - but as a base for Patong, it's perfect. It's so close to everything that I came and went from my hotel several times a day... (Beds are a little hard...; but apparently that's typical in Thailand.) I'll definitely stay here next time I visit Patong. Probably not a great place for people with young kids as the lift is too tiny for a pram and there's not really much for kids to do here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Geawa from Perth,
First of all my I apologize for the delay in response to your review. I mean its only fair you take the time to write one at least I can do is respond. We are so happy that you were pleasantly surprised. We try very hard to offer quality for value, The owners and management want all our guests to enjoy their stay with us and not to feel ripped off which often happens in Patong Beach. WiFi free as is the tea and coffee in the room, The rooms look actually like those shown on the website. Sorry to hear that you found the bed a little hard, future guests please note just contact our front desk and they will arrange for extra padding for those who like a soft bed. So happy to hear that you would stay with us again.
Wagga Wagga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

i stayed at this hotel in March it was my first visit to Phuket so i have little knowledge of accommodation. I read review and selected the hotel. I paid 800 baht to pick up car from airport to hotel ( avarage price is 500 B fro car). the room was tiny with small balcony, No or very poor customer service from the front office satff. the girl in the breakfast can not understand a single word in english or just pretended to be. it seemed to be hotel get staff from rural thailand and employ them for a few months before sending them back. i was tranferred to another room, it had all day boiling hot water only, its horrible to have airconditioner working but only pump hot air in steamy humid night. when complaint about hot water coming all day from every tap in the room, the repair guy came to the room had a2 mins look and commented "you in a 3 start hotel not 5 star, so that what you get. the owner Vitor came to the room but did not much of done to fixed the problem. however he keeps coming to room in pretext of fixing the problem. if you give the credit card they book you room fee before you leave the hotel. i feel something was very wrong in thei hotel so try to avoid this hell hole hotel.

Room Tip: just hang a round the place there are many good hotels in this area
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Both Management and staff are sad that we and the hotel did not meet your expectations. All our air conditioning in the rooms is control by the hand held remote and the temperature can be adjust from 18 to 30 degrees. With regard to the hot water this is only available in the shower as is with many hotels in Thailand. The cold water temperature as explained does get warm during the day especially on hot sunny days. If you let the tap run awhile it will soon cool down.But as you commented that you have little knowledge of accommodation therefore I can understand your comments and hope you accept our apologies
Owensboro, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Clean, average sized rooms that are exactly like in the pictures. My wife and I stayed for 5 nights. Great location, Close enough to everything, but far enough away to be quite.
The construction next door was distracting though.
Avoid the restaurant, we ate breakfast ther twice during our stay, both times was miserable. Poorly prepared food served cold by an inattentive staff, The morning we checked out my wife and I were the only ones in the restaurant and it took 15 min to get a cup of coffee.
The bartender had no knowledge of spirits, but was qualified to open a bottle of beer and would even bring it to you when he got around to it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Thaddesus 11212,
Thank you for your review I note that you are shown as a Senior reviewer which means that your review has some weight. We apologize for the ongoing construction during your stay which has now thankfully finished. However we took your experience in our restaurant to heart and have now instigated many training sessions with the staff. I assure you if you visit us again you will find the staff much more knowledgeable about spirits and that the food will be served hot and by a trained cook. Reviews such as yours are extremely helpful to management and staff to understand where they are wrong and are appreciated just as much as are the excellent reviews we often get. I hope you get chance to stay with us again and see the difference your review has made.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I'm currently staying at this hotel from 10-13 Dec 2011. What I love this hotel - VERY GOOD location (just 5 mins away from Jungceylon), FREE wifi at your room and spacious room. What I hate is - NO Breakfast buffet (We got the rooms with breakfast but instead, we can only order from eggs, toast and coffee/tea), super bad view (our room is in front of a construction site!) and no hot shower. If you're like me who is mostly away during the day and likes to be near the main shopping area, I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Alriduan,
Thank you for your review of our hotel, Your comments regarding the free WiFi and location are appreciated just as much as your comments regarding the breakfast. As a a result of your comments during High and Peak season we are serving an international buffet breakfast. Freshly cooked breakfast not only the full English breakfast with back bacon, sausages, fried potatoes, baked beans etc is now available with lots of alternatives for those who cannot eat pork are now offered during low season. Again sorry about the nearby construction which has now been completed, but in Patong you are never very far away from new construction as the town is continuously growing.
Victor

Been to Hemingways Hotel Patong Beach? Share your experiences!