“good hotel in phuket” 4 of 5 stars
Review of B-Lay Tong Phuket

You added B-Lay Tong Phuket to your Saves list
B-Lay Tong Phuket
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   198 Taveewong Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #36 of 289 Hotels in Patong
Phuket, Thailand
“good hotel in phuket”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

very good hotel in phuket nice rooms close to the beach.
good service from the staff and excellent service from the concierge mam that helped us arranging our transfer to koh panghan. beautiful pool near the sea. This is a design hotel, with a very good and modern rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and for recognizing one of our staff members.

It is always great to hear about our team when they make that extra effort.

Wesley Hayden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Nantes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

After travel extensively throughout SEA, I have earn some millage points. I decided to use it on Phuket hotel vacation. First I was just gonna book an average hotel, but then I looked at the M Gallery category. This B-Lay Tong was very interesting at the time, as for that I went to read many reviews on it which was quite promising. So yes I trade my points for 3 night (which is double to normal hotels).
I made a booking 2 months in advance, requesting a sea view and they confirmed me with that.
On arrival day they gave me an garden view and saying that the sea view are only for the luxury suit and some front wing only....???
Never-mind, I don't wanna ruin the holiday because of that. Cut to the room, I stayed in all M-Gallery hotels in Thailand already and they all have a nice comfy beds in all rooms but not this one. Bed was tough and not support your back very well (especially when you do exercise on it) . The pillow which they said can choose what type you need, are not available during my stay. Toilet, oops water came out unnoticed from the hose. Enough stay in the room for me...
Walk outside to the pool which I must say was the best part of the hotel so far. But again, towels ran out and I didn't get one.
As from the reception first, they gave us a complimentary drink coupons for 2 days. I have booked an island trip for the 2nd day and due to be back late. So I check with the reception whether I could use this coupon when I come back, they said ok, the bar open until 23:00. I came back to hotel around 20:00, took a shower and went down to the bar. The bar staff politely said "sorry, this voucher is valid from 18:00-19:30 only". What da .....??
On check out I accidentally scratched myself with the wardrobe, I won't blame them for that but they could just make the edge less sharp for the other customers.
All in all I think if you like the location, this one is very fine. But good luck on the room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Please accept our apologies for your unpleasant stay. Although, we have had no reports of not having enough pool towels, I would like thank you for bringing this to our attention, and subsequently, we will look into it right away.

We only sell our suites as sea view rooms and unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee sea view requests.

We would like to invite you back, so kindly contact our reservations department.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stay 3 days and I can say that almost everything was excelente but I believe they need to start to do a make over, there are some details that could be better,for instance when we arrive our towels were so shabby but in the next day it is ok.
We could see that some furniturw need to replace. But nothing bad...
The staff were so friendly, we decided to extend our stay and they did all we need. And unbelievable or not the room more simple were better because is was near the ammeties, I really did no like stay in build 3.
The B-hive resraurant is excelent I had the best Phad thay goong ever ! Again the staff was really friedly.
The location is excellent because we can reach bangalore road easy but we stay far from noisy.
Finally we really come back !

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gosford, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was the second time we stayed at B-Lay Tong, and it did not disappoint. Arrived at the hotel to be warmly greeted by the staff, and advised that we had received a complimentary upgrade from the Pool Front Deluxe room to the Grand Deluxe (with a Jacuzzi on the balcony). This was as a result of using my Advantage Plus/Le Club Accor membership to book through the Accor Hotels website. The upgrade was gratefully accepted, however in hindsight I think I would have preferred the pool front room I had booked, only to make use of the private lap pool. We actually only used the Jacuzzi once this time, and didn't use the main pool at all on this visit. I guess I'll have to wait until my next visit for the lap pool. The staff were again outstanding and extremely friendly, they arranged for a birthday cake to be sent to the room for my girlfriend's birthday, and yet again I think they make the stay here so enjoyable. The room we had was very large, although despite being on the 3rd floor (there is only 4 floors) we had no view as the trees in front of the room had grown so high they blocked the view of the beach and Andaman Sea. Our room was showing it's age a little bit with a few cracks in the floor paint, but it did not detract from the stay. The only thing that I did find disappointing this time was the free wifi. It was painfully slow in our room. While walking to the room I noticed there were a lot of wifi repeaters along the ground floor level, but none at all on level 3 where we were, which may be why the wifi was so slow. Perhaps consideration could be given to improving the signal strength for guests, especially as every guest would no doubt have multiple devices connected. The bandwidth needs to be increased. At times it would take a minute or more to load a basic text only page, and trying to watch YouTube etc is out of the question. I don't remember it being this slow last year on our first stay (we were on level 4 that time)

Despite the wifi issue I still love this hotel and will be back again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay!

We will continue to improve our Wifi speed. We occasionally have issues with the bandwidth due to many users online at the same time. However, we working to alleviate this problem.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a design hotel, with a very good and modern room that was even upgraded by the manegment without costs. I didnt find the Phuket beaches enjoyable, but had a lot of fun at the hotel's pool that was one of the most amazing pools I have ever seen. It is really beautiful and has a pool bar where you can have a light meal inside the water! The music was also very relaxing. I had a great time and I would return to Phuket just to enjoy this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple