“Wonderful Hotel in a quiet spot but close to action.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B-Lay Tong Phuket, MGallery Collection

Save Saved
You added B-Lay Tong Phuket, MGallery Collection to your Saves list
B-Lay Tong Phuket, MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   198 Taveewong Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #21 of 274 Hotels in Patong
Sunshine Coast
“Wonderful Hotel in a quiet spot but close to action.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the B Lay Tong Phuket in a Grand Deluxe Room.
The resort is an excellent place to stay in a great location (only a 20 min brisk walk to Bangla Rd so away from the noisy night clubs etc)). The room was very clean and maintained very well by the housekeeping staff. The air-conditioning was efficient and reasonably quiet. The free mini bar refills and daily drink vouchers were a real bonus.
The pool area was great overlooking the ocean and there were plenty of sun lounges to go around. The swim up bar is also a nice feature. Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of foods to please all tastes.
We found each and every one of the staff to be very friendly and very helpful throughout our stay and could not have asked for better service. Some of the guests could learn a few lessons in manners and pleasantries from the wonderful staff at the B Lay Tong.
I have high praise for this resort and will definitely be staying there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Grand deluxe rooms are good...some have ocean views. Expect to hear the spas from other rooms fillin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Wow, thanks so much for sharing.

It is great to hear that our staff were so friendly and courteous. We spend a lot of effort on this.

We will look forward to your return.

Wesley Hayden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Givattayim, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Medium hotel. Not crouded. New, clean nice, great stuff, clean rooms, designed with minializm, quality furniture, big rooms,big bath...special and unique hotel I fell inlove.
Pool with bar to the sunset with endless tip. 15 m. From the beech♥
Thank You b-laY staff!!
Prices for food are okeay foe thailand!
One thing: breakfast don't have cheese at all!

• Stayed March 2013
We are very glad that you enjoyed your visit.

We should always have cheese on our breakfast buffet. Very sorry for this. I will look into it immediately. Thanks for your observation.

Wesley Hayden
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was initially wanted to book BLay Tong on last Songkran. However, there were some error when I wanted to book complimentary night here since there was a surcharge for their lowest room category so I decided to inform Advantage Plus Indonesia regarding to this issue. Surprisingly, I got a phone call from Mr. Wesley Hayden; the GM of BLay Tong apologizing what has happened to my problem. I was speechless since I didn't expect that the GM of the hotel was very care to the issue. Too bad that most of my friends opted Millennium Patong on that time so we didn’t stay at Blay Tong on that time.

Since I was very impressed with the goodwill of the GM of the hotel, so I decided to make another trip to Phuket just to stay at this hotel. I booked two rooms instead eventhough there were 3 of us since the hotel is very kind to upgrade one of my room to Spa Suite (initially Grand Deluxe); while I booked Deluxe Pool Access on another room. Upon arrival, I was told that as Accor Le Club Platinum, our breakfasts are free. Wow!! I knew that there was no such benefit for Platinum member so I really felt in love with this hotel.

The Spa Suite is amazingly spacious and it has view to Pool and also to the ocean. There is also spa bed on their bathroom. And you could also enjoy bath while overlooking to the Andaman Ocean. The Deluxe Pool Access is also spacious. I really love the pool lap on the back; which is more peaceful for relax. All of the rooms in the hotel were provided with free Wifi and also free minibars; yes minibars !!! Since I really love the hotel so I decided to have all our dinners at the hotel as token of my goodwill. The foods are delicious; I really like their Pad thai. One thing that I like is the price on the menu has included any taxes and services.

The location of the hotel is on the end of Patong; which is very peaceful comparing to the craziness in Central Patong area. The hotel is also suitable for muslim travelers since the hotel location is on the end of Thanon Prabharami intersection; I was looking for mosque (masjid) since I read that there is Patong Mosque about 500 m from the hotel. But to my surprise, I found out that there is closer mosque nearby. I just realized it on the second day when I notice there is a dome near to the hotel. I think that the mosque was very tolerable to the neighbourhood because the prayer calls cannot be heard at all from the hotel eventhough it's only about 50-100 m from the hotel !!

All in all, it was very enjoyable stay in BLay Tong. The hotel was very quiet and relaxing; friendly staffs; and it's perfect for anyone who look for peaceful getaway within Patong area; which is hard to find.

Room Tip: Book their Luxury Suite; no regret at all !!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you Aris for your kind comments!

I only wish that I could have more time for my guests.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is no doubt the best hotel in Patong!
To start with you are away hustle and bustle but only a short walk or Tuk Tuk to Bangla Road.
Our room was modern and clean with a great bathroom; the rain shower was fantastic and refreshing after being among the humidity of Phuket.
The services inside the hotel were exceptional with breakfast having a great range of food and available until 11am!!!!
The staff are courteous and friendly which is what you expect from a Great Accor Hotel.
Thank you B-Lay Tong for a truly amazing experience!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Everything was great. Loved the room, the breakfast spread was good, service was great. From the time we stepped in, we were well taken care of till the time we left.

We took a day trip to Similian Island and had to leave very early in the morning, the staff prepared packed breakfast that had great variety for us so that we don’t miss out on breakfast.

Location wise, it was at the north end of Patong. Close to the beach, which was just across the street, and just a walk away from all the action of Patong.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we agree that the north end of Patong has the best of both worlds.
Melb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went through all the reviews on tripadvisor and it pretty much came down to La Flora and B-Lay. Unfortunatley La Flora was booked out and was asking $100 more per night that B-lay so B-lay it was.

I haven't stayed at any other hotel sin phuket, but from what I can tell, every hotel in pa tong needs a refurbishment.

We stayed in the room with the jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was cracked, had stains from the pump holes and overall appeared very dirty. Didn't use it, even if was ok probably wouldn't use it as it is located outside and there are heaps of mosquitos. I think the hotel did try to address a review previously that mentioned a mosquito problem as whilst we were there we got a letter under the door saying the hotel was going to 'fog' for mosquitos, whatever that means. Either way you can't blame them for the mosquitos, its can issue across thailand.

The room was a let down though, that mouldy smell inside the room and the split air conditioning was quite loud - and old. Room had chips in the joinery, only piece of rug in the room was badly stained and needed replacing. I think the smell in the room comes from the design of the shower, that keeps water underneath fake wooden slats.

I under stand that when new the M-gallery would have looked fantastic, but has since worn down and it is something that is quite hard to maintain.

The infinity pool though was awesome and would have to be THE BEST POOL on pa tong. I went on tours and from what I hear from the other tourists we had the best hotel in terms of rooms though and the pool. The hotel is situated north of pa tong beach so avoid the noise and hustle of central pa tong beach near all the shops which is a major complaint from other tourists. However if you're not going to spend much time in the hotel or the pool then go for a hotel closer to the action as otherwise it's a 200bht taxi ride to and from there or a 15 minute walk. Doing that 3-4 times per day adds up.

Break fast was good though, amazing honey fresh out of the honeycomb.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the Infinity pool, even though no rooms have direct access. Our room was a 2...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback.

We will speed up up our maintenance program as the low season approaches, and we apologize that your room may not have been touched up on time.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here for three nights with my wife back in January and absolutely loved it. The few things that made me most satisfied were:

Service: Excellent. The hotel staff tried their best to meet our requests. For us, we were flying out at 2am on the last day of our trip but the standard checkout time is 12pm. At our request, the hotel allowed us to keep our bags with them after we checked out (we went for a drive around Phuket) and allowed us to return in the evening to take a shower for free using one of their rooms. This is something I had never even thought was possible but seemed to be quite common for them. Make sure you reserve a slot for the showers when you check-in since it's dependent on availability of the shower room.

Location: Although the hotel is technically located on Patong Beach (which some people abhor), it is right on the northern side, meaning it is tucked away in a spot that is away from all the noise and clamour of Patong Beach itself. It took us approximately twenty minutes to walk to central Patong. Tuk-tuks were quoted at 400 Baht one way, which seemed quite steep based on the short distance to the city center. Another cheaper, more flexible (and more fun) option is to rent a bike for 200 Baht per day.

One other thing I want to mention is a travel agency near this hotel. Right around the north-west corner of the hotel is a three-way intersection, and just north of that (on the west side of the road) is a tiny travel agency (it's next to a seafood restaurant). Since the lady there was super nice to us and gave us great prices, I promised her I would write about her agency online. I don't remember the name of her place, but her name is Poo and if you decide to go, tell her a Canadian/Korean couple sent you. We got a great price for the late night taxi ride to the airport and tickets to the Simon Caberet show. We would have booked the Similan tour with her had we not already booked it well in advance with another tour operator.

Cheers,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Our shower room offer is quite popular. We only wish that we could always have a room available for this, but unfortunately, it's not always the case.

Been to B-Lay Tong Phuket, MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!