Went through all the reviews on tripadvisor and it pretty much came down to La Flora and B-Lay. Unfortunatley La Flora was booked out and was asking $100 more per night that B-lay so B-lay it was.
I haven't stayed at any other hotel sin phuket, but from what I can tell, every hotel in pa tong needs a refurbishment.
We stayed in the room with the jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was cracked, had stains from the pump holes and overall appeared very dirty. Didn't use it, even if was ok probably wouldn't use it as it is located outside and there are heaps of mosquitos. I think the hotel did try to address a review previously that mentioned a mosquito problem as whilst we were there we got a letter under the door saying the hotel was going to 'fog' for mosquitos, whatever that means. Either way you can't blame them for the mosquitos, its can issue across thailand.
The room was a let down though, that mouldy smell inside the room and the split air conditioning was quite loud - and old. Room had chips in the joinery, only piece of rug in the room was badly stained and needed replacing. I think the smell in the room comes from the design of the shower, that keeps water underneath fake wooden slats.
I under stand that when new the M-gallery would have looked fantastic, but has since worn down and it is something that is quite hard to maintain.
The infinity pool though was awesome and would have to be THE BEST POOL on pa tong. I went on tours and from what I hear from the other tourists we had the best hotel in terms of rooms though and the pool. The hotel is situated north of pa tong beach so avoid the noise and hustle of central pa tong beach near all the shops which is a major complaint from other tourists. However if you're not going to spend much time in the hotel or the pool then go for a hotel closer to the action as otherwise it's a 200bht taxi ride to and from there or a 15 minute walk. Doing that 3-4 times per day adds up.
Break fast was good though, amazing honey fresh out of the honeycomb.
- Also Known As:
- b-Lay Tong Phuket, Mgallery Hotel Patong
- b-Lay Tong Phuket, Mgallery Hotel
- B-Lay Tong Phuket, MGallery Collection Patong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime beach front location at the quiet north end of the world famous Patong Beach within close proximity of the busiest eateries, shops and bars. The resort's 123 rooms and suites have a feel which exudes modern playfulness and funky vibes mixed with Feng Shui color schemes. It offers spectacular sunset views from it's 198 lobby bar which overlooks the white sandy beach and sparkling turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea. In addition, free WiFi internet access is provided throughout the resort’s guest rooms and public areas. Other facilities include the B-Restaurant, B-Spa, and the private nightclub, Beat Club. Meeting space is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, ACCOR, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your B-Lay Tong Phuket, MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.