Stayed here for three nights with my wife back in January and absolutely loved it. The few things that made me most satisfied were:
Service: Excellent. The hotel staff tried their best to meet our requests. For us, we were flying out at 2am on the last day of our trip but the standard checkout time is 12pm. At our request, the hotel allowed us to keep our bags with them after we checked out (we went for a drive around Phuket) and allowed us to return in the evening to take a shower for free using one of their rooms. This is something I had never even thought was possible but seemed to be quite common for them. Make sure you reserve a slot for the showers when you check-in since it's dependent on availability of the shower room.
Location: Although the hotel is technically located on Patong Beach (which some people abhor), it is right on the northern side, meaning it is tucked away in a spot that is away from all the noise and clamour of Patong Beach itself. It took us approximately twenty minutes to walk to central Patong. Tuk-tuks were quoted at 400 Baht one way, which seemed quite steep based on the short distance to the city center. Another cheaper, more flexible (and more fun) option is to rent a bike for 200 Baht per day.
One other thing I want to mention is a travel agency near this hotel. Right around the north-west corner of the hotel is a three-way intersection, and just north of that (on the west side of the road) is a tiny travel agency (it's next to a seafood restaurant). Since the lady there was super nice to us and gave us great prices, I promised her I would write about her agency online. I don't remember the name of her place, but her name is Poo and if you decide to go, tell her a Canadian/Korean couple sent you. We got a great price for the late night taxi ride to the airport and tickets to the Simon Caberet show. We would have booked the Similan tour with her had we not already booked it well in advance with another tour operator.
- Also Known As:
- b-Lay Tong Phuket, Mgallery Hotel Patong
- b-Lay Tong Phuket, Mgallery Hotel
- B-Lay Tong Phuket, MGallery Collection Patong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime beach front location at the quiet north end of the world famous Patong Beach within close proximity of the busiest eateries, shops and bars. The resort's 123 rooms and suites have a feel which exudes modern playfulness and funky vibes mixed with Feng Shui color schemes. It offers spectacular sunset views from it's 198 lobby bar which overlooks the white sandy beach and sparkling turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea. In addition, free WiFi internet access is provided throughout the resort’s guest rooms and public areas. Other facilities include the B-Restaurant, B-Spa, and the private nightclub, Beat Club. Meeting space is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, ACCOR, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your B-Lay Tong Phuket, MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.