“Great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #105 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Warsaw
“Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights in January 2013. This little hotel is located 15 min away from the beach. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and clean. The beds are made daily. There’s also a big balcony, safety box, fridge with minibar and air conditioning.
It’s quiet at night: practically no noise from the street nor from other rooms. We were very nicely surprised;
the value for money is excellent! The owner, Anton, is extremely helpful and kind. We will be back, I recommend this hotel to everyone ( not only those who travel on a tight budget).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I stayed there 1 night on the way to ko phi phi and I was nicely surprise. Room was big and had a lot facilities for the price. In the room is air con and big fridge with mini bar and terrace with table and chairs. Staff is amazing very friendly and so helpful and had such as warm atmosphere. Is imazing value for money in 10 min you can get to the busy street and in 15 min you can reach beach. Room was very clean. I would reccomend to anyone to stay there if you on budget or you don't want spent money for expensive resort.

Room Tip: Room in front the street.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
milan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed at Martini house / Ban Kanchana for 2 weeks and i have to say: "perfect"
the room is new and big: cable tv, big air con, minibar, safety box, big terrace and very very clean. It's like to be in a good hotel paying a small amount. It's not exactly in the center (20 minutes walking but less than 5 by bike) but there are all services right a hand: cafeteria, restaurant, massage, 7/11 and if you are not able to ride a bike you can hire a taxi for 40bth. The staff was always ready to suggest me the best places to go to eat, the best daily trips and all the information i needed.. thanks to them i saved money and time I f i come back to Phuket sure i'll be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Cebu City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

We booked for one night through latestays.com and extended for one more. The bedroom and toilet are spacious and clean. Big cabinet with a safety box. Everything looks new except for the shower head that leaks and the floor drain without a cover. Clean sheets and towels, free hi-speed wifi internet connection. There is a 7-11 across the street and it is only a few meters away from the market where you can buy good thai foods. The balcony is great but the view of old men with young girls from the bars across the street brings its purpose to waste. There is no reception area. Antonio, the owner has an office below but it closes at 9pm (?). Beyond that, the hotel is more on a do-it-yourself thing. There is no room phone, so there is no room service. Btw, if you happen to forget your key inside your room after office hours you may end up sleeping at the road or wait for another guest to come as the security main door in the ground floor closes automatically.

The only part that I hated was when we were awakened by loud banging at the door (!!) at 3am for the management to gave us our receipts for the Phi Phi Island Tour that they have arranged for us at 8am. They were worried that they may not be able to see us as we were checking out that day. But it is still beyond my comprehension why they weren't able to hand it to us earlier that evening.

Other than that, our two-night stay was okay and I adored coming back after a long day with clean sheets and towels.

I recommend this hotel for independent travelers who don't mind not getting extra services and amenities that we usually get from other places.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
gold coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I found this guest house on asia rooms, very cheap so thought ok would be good, it was out of patong up the back hills, on a busy road, te room had rubish in the bin, the mini bar had a opened bottle of drink, the bed was terrible, like a water bed but lumpy.
The manager or owner rented us a motobike for 170baht a day when the police pulled us over an said it was unregistered and we got hit with a 600baht fine, was not happy, office never OPENED finally got to speak to the manager about the fine he was not helpfull and never refunded us the full amount for the fine.

Would never stay ther again had to move to another guest house...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, QLD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

Well I have stayed in Phuket a few times now, so I decided to venture out of the more western style hotel type places, so I found this guest house on wotif.com - it is priced very cheaply so I was prepared in my mind that the condition of the place was not going to be the best.

But I was genuinely very surprised, the room was very clean, and very well presented! It's not a fancy 5 star resort type furnishings but they it was exceptionally well presented for the price I paid.

The staff is friendly and helpful, not all of them spoke english - but it's really not an issue (besides your in Thailand anyway!!), there is always a neighbour or friend nearby that can help you to communicate anything you wish.

I would definately stay here again, I probably wont pay for the typical western style hotel accomodation ever again in Phuket.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Been to Martini House Ban Kanchana? Share your experiences!