“My Thai - the only place to stay in Patong!” 5 of 5 stars

My Thai Guest House
66-68 Rat-U-Thit Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #151 of 278 Hotels in Patong
London, United Kingdom
“My Thai - the only place to stay in Patong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

After reading a few other reviews on My Thai I was not suprised that everyone thinks it is the place to stay! Most have mentioned whats available...so once your set up with necessities such as hot water, AC, cleanliness etc, what else could be a bonus to your trip? Well, that's what Darren and all his staff at My Thai provide...a friendly, go out of their way experience and a locals perspective on how to get the best out of Patong within the time you spend there. When Darren found out that I had a food bug (which was from australia!) he immediately nipped out to the pharmacy and got what i needed..that care and attention is rare! Darren also arranged scooters for us, took us out to an amazing beach, we went snorkelling in clear blue sea, wined and dined, and had the best fun! He introduced us to some friends of his who were visiting from Aus too and we all had such a fun time!
The restaurants on his doorstep open up in the evening..the food is so reasonable in price, delicious and quite an experience...and when you wake up in the morning you wouldn't even know there were restaurants there! Darren and Linny both are the perfect hosts who make their guests feel at home, wherever you are from...that's so important when you are so far away from friends and family...
My Thai is the ONLY place to stay in Patong....just one thing though....be prepared to not want to leave!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Brit in Thailaind
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

During my 7 months travel around Asia staying in numerous hotels in numerous locations, this is the only one I went back to and recommended to a host of friends.
Actually I am a bit scared to write this review, in case there isn't room for me when I go back, but Darren promised me that as long as I gave him notice he'd make sure there was a room.
So what is so special about MyThai Guesthouse?
Well, it truly is a hidden gem. In a location full of high priced 4/5* accommodation this guesthouse gives you all you need at a fraction of the cost.
Clean A/C rooms, with safes, hot shower, mini-bar and satellite TV in the rooms.
Breakfast and a range of local food restaurants available on your door step.
Friendly staff and excellent service
A bar area to socialise with friends and other residents, if you choose.
5 mins walk to the main bar/ club area in Phukket.
Also what tops this all of is Darren & Linny , always available for a chat & a beer, they will truly make this feel like a home from home. Willing to share their local knowledge and give you the low-down on the best spots, trips, and tours they make planning your trip so much easier.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

During my time in Thailand I stayed at many different hotels and I would say that My Thai Guest House was my favourite. The rooms are cheap and also include breakfast. The beds are very comfortable, showers are hot and the Air Con keeps the room nice and cool.
If your wanting a place to eat restaurants are literally on your door step and the beach is only a 5 minute walk. This is a friendly place where your sure to meet fellow backpackers. The staff are english speaking and more than happy to help you whether that be suggesting a place to eat or aiding you in planning a excursion for the day. They also have a laundry service, bar, outside decking suitable for both drinking and eating, mini bar in all rooms, safes in all rooms and rent a bike. This hotel caters for all. I certainly will return to this My Thai Guest House in the future and I fully recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Jerilderie, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

if your looking for somewhere to stay its cheap the rooms are very clean and the staff are more then happy to go out of there way to help with anything from bike hire to day trips and are always up for a chat.. I will be coming back that's for sure.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

When I got to Thailand I had nothing but trouble, after trouble until I found Mythai guesthouse.. The owner of this place his name is Darren, and being a fellow Aussie he knew how to look after his customers... warning though, once you stay here you may feel like you have made friends, and not want to go home.. I now get home sick for Patong Beach... not to mention the great breakfasts mythai served up every morning...

Trust me you won't find a more honest, helpful and friendlier crew than at MyThai Guesthouse, and its also great to find somewhere that has staff that speak english and understand you.

So if your staying in Patong/Phuket and you want to stay somewhere that you feel comfortabe and know you will be looked after... book ahead and make sure you get a spot at MyThai..

(That was one dissapointment when I went to bangkok then came back to phuket I forgot to book in advance and had to stay somewhere else the first night back while Darren went out of his way to move things around and fit me in, and I did not enjoy my stay in the other place I will not name..)

Thanks to Darren & The Staff at MyThai for making my time in Thailand a memorable one... I will be back !

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Bankok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

Came down to Patong from the bus and got dropped of at Andaman Beach hotel by the tuk tuk driver that assured me it would be great...It was overprized and the staff did not even bother looking up when I asked the reception about what to see in Patong. Wandered around the area the same night looking for somewhere else to stay and stumbeled on Darren sitting outside My Thai chatting with some customers. Asked him about a room telling him I already had somewhere to sleep for the night and he litterary sat me down told me all about the town got me a cold Singha (worth gold in the heat) and said he could get me a room the next day if I needed one, and if not I could drop by and he would give me some advice about town anyhow. Needless to say I spent all of the rest of my time in Phuket at My Thai getting taken out to town shown the nice away from tourists beaches and in general getting spoiled by Darren and his staff at every chanse they got. Personally I could not have had a better time and if I could have a My Thai in every town I have been on my travels I would never go back home again!!

Thanks for a great time and hope to see you all again!!
Top place, top service and I will try and make my stories shorter next time. ;)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Deniliquin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Took a chance and just flew to Phuket, wanderered around lokking for somewhere to stay and spotted the Aussie flag. Darren and his staff could not do enough for us. He took care of our meals, tours, transport and anything else we needed. Luk, the housemaid always had our rooms spotless and tidied up after us like we were her kids.
Food was great and beer was beautiful and cold. His taxi driver even took us to the airport and made sure we were ok. Going back as soon as we can.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to My Thai Guest House? Share your experiences!