“Affordable and well operated!” 5 of 5 stars

My Thai Guest House
66-68 Rat-U-Thit Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #133 of 261 hotels in Patong
Perth
“Affordable and well operated!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have stayed at this guesthouse numerous times now and each time its just as good. The rooms are clean and comfortable, cable tv, in room safes, large fridges and airconditioned. This guesthouse is situated in an excellent spot. A 10 minute walk from the beach and the nightlife. Just outside are numerous restaurants that are filled with delicious seafood and great dinners. The guesthouse has a 24hr reception which is perfect for late night travellers and the staff are always helpful and reliable. The owner is a great guy who is very friendly and willing to help you with any questions or problems. It is an affordable guesthouse and is well maintained i will be back again soon.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This was a decent place to stay if you're looking for budget accomodation in Patong Beach. We stayed in the rooms with shared bathrooms, which seemed to be the worst on the premises. The room was clean, but the beds (2 twin beds) were in pretty bad condition (my husband compared his to a hammock). If you're just looking for a bare-bones places, this would be just fine. If you want any sort of comfort, I'd probably look elsewhere.

The location is a definite pro of this guest house, though. It is about a 10 minute (leisurely) walk to the beach. Right outside of the hostel is a wide array of street food and a very helpful booth where you can book tours.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are right near the 4 massive water heaters, and it makes the whole floor seem a litt...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We were quite impressed with the cleanliness of this inn. The bathrooms and rooms were all clean, bright, and inviting, and included the bare necessities: bed, towel, shower, bathroom. There is an emphasis on quiet and the place has a peaceful atmosphere. The 24 hour reception desk was great, we checked out at 4am without problems. Great place for budget travelers, and a 10 minute walk from the crazy part of Patong. And only 5 minutes from the beach!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

This guesthouse is one of the cleanest I've stayed at while traveling in Thailand. The price is very affordable for college students. Also having a reception that is open for 24 hours makes checking out very convenient. It's also a close 10 minute walk to the beach and the nightlife at Patong is within walking distance. The staff is also very friendly. I would definitely go back to My Thai.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed here for the last two nights of my Thailand trip. Not a huge room but comfortable and clean. Staff were excellent. Finn the manager was brilliant and always helpful. I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed 5 nights on the way home from a trip to Europe. The property has a new owner- Finn, who is Danish but speaks perfect English. Finn arranged for me to be met at the airport which I appreciated after my long flight. The only cost was the taxi fare.

Reception is open 24 hours and everyone at reception speaks English.My room was on the second floor at the rear of the building. It had an ensuite which was basic but clean and had plenty of hot water. There was no shower curtain but this didnt cause any problems.

The room had airconditioning, satelite TV, a safe and a generous sized fridge. The bed was large and firm- I found it very comfortable. Everything was clean and functional.

The feature for me was the friendly atmosphere and willingness of the staff to make sure I had a pleasant holiday. Reception happilly arranged tours and advice on local attractions. Finn even took me out to his favourite nightspots which was great fun.

The reception area also has cheap cold beer and softdrinks as well as coffee available at any time. The restaurants in front produced awsome seafood meals so I didnt need to walk far for dinner. The overall location very convenient-its a short walk to the beach, shops and the entertainment district of Bangla Road.

Free WiFi is available in the ground floor area which also has a guest computer. I had laundry done for me which was also great value.

The only downside for me was the noise around midnight when the trempoary restaurants wheeled their equipment down the laneway outside my wiindow.

This is the only small criticism I had of this very welcoming guesthouse. A safe and comfortable place to stay in a very warm and welcoming environmemt. Its not luxury but it is very good value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Port Hedland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Very affordable, good clean rooms. Finn the owner is a great host and a fountain of usefull information about Patong. The guest house is within walking distance of all major attractions of Patong and at night a seafood bazzare sets up right at the front entrance where some of the best authentic Thai food is to be had. I will stay here again as it is great value for money and a good starting or finishing point to visit Thailand.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to My Thai Guest House? Share your experiences!