“Friendly atmosphere and great value for money” 4 of 5 stars

My Thai Guest House
66-68 Rat-U-Thit Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #170 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Perth, Australia
“Friendly atmosphere and great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed 5 nights on the way home from a trip to Europe. The property has a new owner- Finn, who is Danish but speaks perfect English. Finn arranged for me to be met at the airport which I appreciated after my long flight. The only cost was the taxi fare.

Reception is open 24 hours and everyone at reception speaks English.My room was on the second floor at the rear of the building. It had an ensuite which was basic but clean and had plenty of hot water. There was no shower curtain but this didnt cause any problems.

The room had airconditioning, satelite TV, a safe and a generous sized fridge. The bed was large and firm- I found it very comfortable. Everything was clean and functional.

The feature for me was the friendly atmosphere and willingness of the staff to make sure I had a pleasant holiday. Reception happilly arranged tours and advice on local attractions. Finn even took me out to his favourite nightspots which was great fun.

The reception area also has cheap cold beer and softdrinks as well as coffee available at any time. The restaurants in front produced awsome seafood meals so I didnt need to walk far for dinner. The overall location very convenient-its a short walk to the beach, shops and the entertainment district of Bangla Road.

Free WiFi is available in the ground floor area which also has a guest computer. I had laundry done for me which was also great value.

The only downside for me was the noise around midnight when the trempoary restaurants wheeled their equipment down the laneway outside my wiindow.

This is the only small criticism I had of this very welcoming guesthouse. A safe and comfortable place to stay in a very warm and welcoming environmemt. Its not luxury but it is very good value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Port Hedland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Very affordable, good clean rooms. Finn the owner is a great host and a fountain of usefull information about Patong. The guest house is within walking distance of all major attractions of Patong and at night a seafood bazzare sets up right at the front entrance where some of the best authentic Thai food is to be had. I will stay here again as it is great value for money and a good starting or finishing point to visit Thailand.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights at My Thai again in late May after my 3 week trip thru Europe, as the say in Thailand, Same Same, great service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I stayed here a total of 4 nights during my trip! Clean, quiet and comfortable!

I had a double bed, hot shower and AC for a great price! Excellent location, only 10 min walk to Bangla Road (nightlife and shopping). Their breakfast is amazing and the fresh seafood opens up for dinner right outside the door! The Post Office is a 3 min walk away, beach is 5 min walk away and there is a convienience store, pharmacy and travel agent (to book travel and day-trips) located in the same plaza. You can also rent scooters from them here!

Overall, excellent experience. Great place to stay and amazing staff! :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

We ( 3 Aussies) stayed at this guesthouse for 8 nights from the 4th November 2010.
Location was good, close to most area's of Patong, Staff were fantastic, (Chin) who looks after the night-shift was very helpfull.
Great food straight outside the entrance with all the locals foodies setting up for the night trade (dinner).
I stayed in the double room (6) at the front of the building, very quite and clean.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Good location in Nth.Patong-beach ten minutes away and still close to Bangla Rd.area for entertainment.Good rates and friendly staff make for a great stayTry it-you won't be dissappointed

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

After reading a few other reviews on My Thai I was not suprised that everyone thinks it is the place to stay! Most have mentioned whats available...so once your set up with necessities such as hot water, AC, cleanliness etc, what else could be a bonus to your trip? Well, that's what Darren and all his staff at My Thai provide...a friendly, go out of their way experience and a locals perspective on how to get the best out of Patong within the time you spend there. When Darren found out that I had a food bug (which was from australia!) he immediately nipped out to the pharmacy and got what i needed..that care and attention is rare! Darren also arranged scooters for us, took us out to an amazing beach, we went snorkelling in clear blue sea, wined and dined, and had the best fun! He introduced us to some friends of his who were visiting from Aus too and we all had such a fun time!
The restaurants on his doorstep open up in the evening..the food is so reasonable in price, delicious and quite an experience...and when you wake up in the morning you wouldn't even know there were restaurants there! Darren and Linny both are the perfect hosts who make their guests feel at home, wherever you are from...that's so important when you are so far away from friends and family...
My Thai is the ONLY place to stay in Patong....just one thing though....be prepared to not want to leave!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Been to My Thai Guest House? Share your experiences!