“Nice places” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Absolute Bangla Suites

You added Absolute Bangla Suites to your Saves list
Absolute Bangla Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68/1 Soi Bangla | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #56 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Amsterdam
“Nice places”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Staying here at present. Places are nice and different but are not being kept up to their original standard. Decor lovely with red and black as the main colors but getting a little frayed at the edges. Torn bedsheets, holes in towels, chipped and broekn floor tiles and we have an ant invasion in the kitchen. But nothing we cannot handle.

We were given a junior suite with no balcony, view is terrible, a sort of back alley. The ones with balcony look a lot better.

Bathroom has a rain shower and a super Jacuzzi bath suitable for 2 (nice for couple) . Lovely touches like the blue neon around bed and all around living room.

Air-Co good.

Fast complimentary internet.

Staff friendly and helpful enough.

Location perfect. Down a side street (cul de sac) right in the middle of the madness but we can hear zero noise at night as we are located at the back, suites with balconies may hear some noise but the places seems well sound proofed.

Beds excellent.

All in all excellent I guess.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony as having no balcony does make a difference.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
dear AmsterdamEscape

thank you for your review of Absolute Bangla Suites. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the location was great for you.

I have personally inspected the linen stock for the resort and can assure you that there are no longer any issues with torn or dirty sheets.

thank you for staying with us and hope that you will come and see us again soon.

Head of Resort Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We are Members of Absolute Destination and we spend our 'free' annual week at Absolute Bangla Suites. 11-18 August 2012. We've looked forward to this week for a year since we purchased membership on Coconut Island in Aug 2011 for a studio/1 bedroom and was shown this hotel. We were picked up at our accommodation in Kata at 10.30am. We found this strange as I know we could only book into our room at 2pm, but luckily we were packed and ready, we left nonetheless. Only to arrive at Bangla Suites to be told our room is not ready!!
That in itself was not an issue - the fact that the pool was under repair and unavailable made my blood boil !!! And we were not the only ones – I thought another bloke also booking in was gonna have a heart attack when he heard there is no pool. That was the reason we were so looking forward to stay at this hotel. The pool, bar and restaurant is really good and was the big, big drawcard for us. It is on top of the hotel and although small, the staff and ambience made the previous experiences there so good. We’ve been to Patong three times before and always went upstairs to the bar & restaurant.
We received NO notification in regards to this. No email, no phone calls - nothing. If we did we would've opted to stay at Kata Premier Suites in Kata as we were more than happy there. We like to laze about the pool, have a meal & drink where we stay and spend the day sunbathing and relaxing. At Kata Premier Suites we had a very, very large room, seperate lounge, kitchen, balcony and bathroom.
We were so angry. But all we got were blank stares from the staff !! If you wanted to swim (yes yes yes) you could get a ride to the Sea Pearl Hotel where you have to share with their hotel guests - a small pool on a corner of an extremely busy street, where there is no privacy and only 6 sunbeds !! And the Sea Pearl is a big hotel !! Needless to say we did this only once.
We walked around the local shops before heading to our room at 2pm which was then ready. The studio room no. 103 is small and on the first floor, facing the front of the hotel and near the lifts and stairs. Everything was crammed into a small space. It reminded me of an IKEA house!!
The shower glass although foggy/smoky faces onto the alleyway for all to see you in it!! The rest of the view was that of the newly built nightclub wall about one meter away from our window !!!! This did not open! No fresh air !! No natural light. It was so depressing. You had to have the lights on in the room the whole time to see. No where to dry your clothes. You couldn’t open the horizontal blinds for natural light while in the Jacuzzi ‘cos the hotel guests across the way could see into the bathroom !! Noise from the passage was also an issue with people getting out of the lifts/up the stairs talking loudly.
The air con was very noisy. Room service wasn’t too bad. Quick and still warm, just put salt & pepper on the tray as well !! We used it once when I got a tummy bug from one of the bars outside the hotel. From then I only drank what came out of a bottle opened in front of me. Discovered wonderful charcoal tablets!
Cleaning was done regularly – I always saw the cleaning trolley in the passage even until late at night there was someone cleaning. We always had clean towels and linen. The lady that cleaned our room was always friendly and smiling as compared to some of the reception staff. Once I walked past a room and saw them on their hands and knees scrubbing the cream couches. So they do get cleaned.
Although all the furnishing are modern, sleek, black/red/white and it all looks funky - I just HATED every day there. It started off all wrong. We did ask for another room and was told no. Not happy. From all the Tripadvisor advice I knew come night time we would be on a whole new ball game!! Not wrong reviewers, not wrong at all !! OMG thumping boom-boom till 4am!!! Every night !!! The Thais take no notice of the 2am cut off for live music and entertainment on Bangla Rd. One night we had no air con & electricity due to the Tiger Night Club fire where there were some fatalities. The fire broke out at 3.55am – two hours after all bars and venues have to close. Understandable, got a phone call in the morning to find out if we were ok. So take some good earplugs, keep the sliding doors shut that separate the bathroom and bedroom area. And good luck !!
We had two dinner meals upstairs and on both occasions we were the only patrons. We had breakfast once, but after that walked around and found interesting places to eat. Absolute Bangla Suites have lost a lot of money whilst these repairs have been happening. We tried to support the bar, but if you have no view, but a big wooden board blocking off the pool and sheets covering everything else, it doesn’t make for much ‘happy hour’ fun. Compliments to the smiling staff at the bar and restaurant. Just make sure you check your invoice for the 25% discount, because it is not included unless you ask for it. Food is not cheap, but well prepared and tasty.
Wifi would be dodgy at times and you have to go to reception for a voucher that allows you access for the number of days you are there. If you are checking out there are no facilities to shower or get ready for your flight if you check out at 10am or 12pm. You can leave your bags in a room near reception. Check out was smooth although the language barrier is an issue. Bangla Road gets closed at 6am both ends and guests have to walk to the end of the road with their luggage. On the night we left it was raining and thank goodness common sense prevailed and the taxi was allowed into the hotel grounds. I was cheesed off when we left as well !!!
Of course we knew that Absolute would not let us spend a week in one of their accommodations without hassling us for a sit down and discussion about our membership. Plenty of sales staff in and out of the hotel showing off to potential buyers what is on offer. Let me tell you it is not what you get at the end. I felt like grabbing the poor people and telling them to head the other way and just say – Not interested.
We were told by Absolute staff that they are aware that the rooms 101 -105 of the hotel have issues with the noise and are the ‘problem rooms’. Then why do you put Absolute Destination owners in these rooms??? Just to later try and sell us more of your product when we are already so cheesed off we want to throw the membership away?? $15 000 AUS and you can’t give me another room at the back??? What started off as a ‘let us know what issues you are having’ ended up with a sales pitch trying to get us to buy into their fractions divisions. Unbelievable these people, they will sell their own mothers for a buck !! We did ask shortly after check in for another room, but was told the hotel was full. It clearly wasn’t – August is also low season.
Of course with lots of empty promises to look into this and that for us, get us to move to another Absolute venue bla bla bla….. Still waiting on that phone call and emails Absolute !!

Room Tip: Stay away from anything in the front facing the alleyway or the night club - unless you are one of t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Absolute Bangla Suites are great! A comfortable Kingsize bed, large flat screen TV, dvd player and hot-tub come as standard features of this awesome accommodation. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the hotel is located just off Bangla Rd; so its close to all the shopping, nightlife and beaches that Patong and wider Phuket have to offer.

I admit that I was initially sceptical of the free week accommodation I won on my Phuket holiday last year...considering that all it was going to cost me was a booking fee (less than AUS$100) and few hours of my time (1.5hrs upon winning and 1.5hrs when using the accommodation)... but now that I have just (reluctantly) completed the 2nd presentation with Stephan, I can confirm that the Absolute promotion is 100% legit and a great deal; despite the fact that I didnt buy into the vacation club / timeshare offer (which I am very tempted to do next year, when I am more financial)!

I cant believe people get on sites like this and try to discredit such a great company, simply for doing good business and giving away free gifts; one of which is likely to be a free week stay in one of their Absolute hotels / resorts.

Its like spitting in the face of someone who has just given you AUS$1000! (WHAT A DOG ACT!)

Try and book a week in Absolute Bangla Suites and check the prices for a single room...then you can see how much this company is willing to stand behind their product when they give away free accommodation! I will recommend Absolute to all my family and friends in Australia without hesitation...and I will quickly defend this company against any and all haters..."keep your BS offline!"

Love Chad!

Room Tip: All rooms are great...but if you can get the penthouse suite...do it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, General Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hello chad_watson

thanks for your review of Absoute Bangla Suites and for your support in our efforts to provide a good experience for all our guests, no matter where they are from.

Getting feedback like yours is most gratifying and this has been passed on to the resort staff as well.

We hope that you will be coming back next year and that you will choose Absolute Bangla Suites for your stay.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is in a great location for nightlife, but that nightlife keeps going when you are ready for bed. It is audible most of the night.

For a place that is still actively selling timeshare weeks, I would think they would make sure the hallways look pristine. I found them to be clean, but the walls in the halls and rooms seemed to have been banged up quite a bit. The rooms were spacious and modern but were also very musty smelling. I did not want to sit on the furniture as I could only imaging what must be growing in it.

I have stayed in much nicer places for much less, and there are other placed in Patong that would have been a better value

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear m5clt

I thank you for your candid review. I am disappointed that you did not like your stay with us and have shown this review to my staff. The need for improvement in the areas mentioned has been stressed and action ordered.

Thank you for your valuable feedback on where we are slipping.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is our 6th visit to Phuket and our 3rd trip and stay in Patong. We continue to be drawn here for the simple reasons of the great location, the beautiful Thai people and of course, the price.
We are in a penthouse suite in Bangla which is as good as you will find anywhere, with nice new furnishings, chrome fridge and cooking area, so basically fully self contained if that is your go.
NOT OURS. We love the Climax Restauraunt on the top floor with the outdoor bar and swimming pool all as one. The food is great and for around $15 per head, your can have a beautiful 3 course dinner or for just $7 each your breakfast is served.
We are in our mid fifties so the noise would put some people off staying here, but when you are 1 minute from the main drag in Patong, Banla Road, it is the perfect place to stay, with a multitude of bars and restauraunts to choose from.
A short walk away is Junkceylon, a huge shopping centre with a large supermarket for all you in-house dining, plus 3 floors of everything you need for your stay.

Room Tip: If noise is a problem and interferes with sleeping, ask for a room on the south side, the furtherest...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Ian m

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our service. I have passed your comments on to our staff.

We hope that you will again choose Absolute Bangla Suites for your 4th stay in Patong and look forward to welcoming you through our doors.

Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel belongs to the time-share chain, thus you should expect sales presentations. If you are prepared for it then it is not a problem and it should not bother your vacation much. The room was new and perfect: around 50-60 m2, livingroom, bedroom, 2 TVs, bose mp3 player, jacuzzi, fully equipped kitchen. The cleaning service was excellent. This hotel is 50 meters from the Bangla Road, where almost all night life takes place, but the noise from there was not a problem at all. You should choose this hotel if you want to spend active vacation and stay in the centre, but if you want sea, beach and quite rest you should look for another option.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
dear SupremoEst,

we are all very pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us at Absolute Bangla Suites.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests and look forward to seeing you again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Lovely modern clean apartments, balconies are not very good, no clear views, no washer or drier, windows are filthy overlooking other buildings, work being carried out at the Tiger bar in the day so drilling etc can be heard, the swimming pooł mayt not be used, however a free trip to and from another Hotel is available. The Staff are very helpful and find any information necessary. The Patong beach od 5 minutes walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, General Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear woz106, thank you for your review and feedback.

I am pleased to be able to inform you that the emergency repairs to our pool are complete and it is back in action for all to use. The building by the Tiger group is nearing completion and we will then be able to clean the whole exterior of the hotel putting an end to the dirty windows.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Head of Resort Operations

Been to Absolute Bangla Suites? Share your experiences!