fact to know for this review: I stayed 5 nights in a mini suit for a rate of 50 USD per night found on agoda.com
summary of below:
hotel is good, but be clever: go there if you have a good price and go somewhere else for dinner. For me, this hotel is only interesting if you look for a good price and you have an activity everyday. If you want to enjoy your holiday by staying at the hotel, I would recommend you go to another hotel (I stayed in 2 others hotel at Phuket/Patong, and if you can afford it, go to Deevana hotel, see my other reviews).
Finally, it is not bad, but not fantastic too. I would go again following my needs and what I want to do in Phuket
- value price/quality: I thought it was a very good hotel for the price paid, but considering it was a mini suit (I do not think I would have the same opinion in a standard room)
- mini suit has a jacuzzi on the balcony (beeing at the 8th floor where nobody can see you is extremely "exciting" !! especially in Patong!)
- if you tip the staff, they become very nice
- my breakfast was included in my room price, but I should go to the other APK resort & Spa
- hotel is far from everything, go there if you require quiet and calm. Problem is that you need to take the tuk tuk to go to many places (200 baht each trip unless you are a very good bargainer). At first I walked, but it takes easily 20 minutes to go to the center (bangla rd). The tip I would give: take motorbikes they are only 100 baht
- lift to go to the top floor is slow. Ok, nothing really to complain about, but do not forget anything if your room is at the 8th floor!
- swimming pool? dirty and this is not a swimming pool. But I was diving, so I would not use it in any case
- they will charge 500 baht for joiner (but not for everynight if this is the same after the 2nd stay)
- hotel will add 3% if you pay by credit card
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort features 98 comfortable rooms with high quality bedding. All our guest rooms are designed in modern style to ensure your comfortable stay. The resort caters many room types starting from Standard, Superior, Deluxe, Mini Suite (Jacuzzi room), Executive room and Family Connecting room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your APK Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apk Hotel Patong
- APK Resort Patong, Phuket