“One Night at Minotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Minotel

Save Saved
You added The Minotel to your Saves list
The Minotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   19 Sawasdirak Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #113 of 334 Patong B&B and Inns
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“One Night at Minotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We booking one night standard room Minotel via Agoda.com.

For budget trip this is a good choice!!! We a bit unlucky our room have air conditioner water leaking.
The manager promise will fit the problem but we only have stay one night so we no comment much about it.

I also recommended your guys can try the Minotel Cafe's food. Very nice!!
If next time i will book this hotel again.

Room Tip: I also recommended your guys can try the Minotel Cafe's food. Very nice!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Peterbkk543, General Manager at The Minotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive comments and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I apologise about the air conditioner - as we were full we could not change your room. Under our maintenance contract these are always fixed within 24 hours.

We look forward to seeing you back again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here in April from 10th to 19th which included the Thai New Year Songkran Festival.
I booked directly with the hotel via the internet & found Taxie very helpful everytime I called or e-mailed the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble. She really is superb!

I arranged an airport pick up through the lady Taxie when I made my reservation at the hotel & the day prior to my departure from Australia she e-mailed me to let me know they were expecting me & I would be collected from the airport. A small thing but it was reassuring. I was collected at the airport & taken to the hotel with no problems.

This is by far the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed at in Patong. I partied with the hotel staff & other guests on Songkran & was really made to feel welcome.

The hotel is in the heart of Patong with everything in easy reach, I was allowed to park my scooter under cover at the hotel where it was safe & could be seen by the night staff. The hotel room was cleaned daily, there are free towels for the beach ( just ask Taxie )
Don't go expecting 5 star luxury here but I can assure you you will not find a happier or friendlier hotel in Patong.

I loved my stay here & I will certainly be booking again next time I stay in Patong. I'd like to say a great big THANK YOU to all the staff at the hotel but to Taxie especially. Thanks again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Peterbkk543, General Manager at The Minotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your review - I am glad you were well looked after. Whilst we are not a five star hotel in terms of facilities we try and make up for it is good service and cleanliness. Also as you say the location is great with all key amenities within easy walking distance that saves money on taking Tuk Tuks.

In addition to giving beach towels we also have umbrellas, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards for guets to use free of charge.

We hope to see you back again.
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

By reading all these comments i plan to stay there now in late April, i have been to Patong many times and stayed a lot of different hotels, this one ticks all the boxes for me - location, price, staff, cleanliness, safety etc. i will be making a booking soon

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Peterbkk543, General Manager at The Minotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
We look forward to seeing you here and hope we live up to your expectations.
Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

the hotel is really convenient, its a really nice place near to the beach, to bangla road, and everything...7eleven, subway, money exchange
its really low price and is perfect
i stay for 10 days and everything was perfect
taxie the reception girl its so kind :D she helps you in everything

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Peterbkk543, General Manager at The Minotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. And I am glad that again the staff looked after you well. We continue to believe that we are the best valus for money hotel in that location.

And whilst we have safes in each room and safety deposit boxes at reception - we have also installed CCTV at reception and every floor (with 30 day retention) to give our guests an even greater sense of security.

We hope to see you back again next year.
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

The hotel is great!!! My friend and I stayed for five nights and were very satisfied. The room is quite comfortable, not too small and not too big. It has air conditioning and hot water for shower, which is nice. The furniture is simple and has a cosy feel. They clean the room and put two bottles of water in the freezer every morning. The location is superb: five minutes' walk to the beach and Bangla Road, so it's close to the centre of Patong's night life and at the same time spare us the noise:) The landlady is the best!! We'd spent some wonderful time with her, her husband and her father-in-law. She'd also helped us a lot with our tour arrangement. On the whole Minotel is not only a place to stay, but also a place to make friends. For us it's MUCH better than a five-star hotel. Couldn't have asked for more. We're sure to stay there again on our next visit to Phuket~^o^~

Room Tip: You may have to drag your luggage to the fourth floor. The landlady's husband helped us do it^^
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Peterbkk543, General Manager at The Minotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. Our front desk staff try hard to look after our guests - I am glad you found them friendly and helpful. We also have 3 cleaning staff for just 19 rooms in the peak season to try and make sure the rooms are all cleaned thoroughly in this busy period.

As you say the location is great and I think many visitors to Patong fail to make adequate allowance for this when selecting hotels - as with Tuk Tuk fares generally being a minimum of BHt200 it can cost at least Bht400 a day to get to and from the beach / nightlife at hotels some distance away. We try to give a good budget style alternative to the much more expensive hotels in the area.

We hope to see you back again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

My wife and I spent 7 nights at this hotel in mid Jan 2012. Its a resonably low price hotel. No bells and whistles but you have all you need for a good night sleep. Clean spacious room and ensuite, hot shower and air conditioning. TV, Fridge and Safety box which we didn't feel the need to use. Complementary bottled water, new towels and bedding changed everyday. Its quiet at night even though its five minutes walk from the nightlife. But if you intend to sleep in late don't choose the rooms facing the road because the school across the road will give you a morning call. It was fine for us as we needed to get up early for our Scuba Diving lessons which we took with "Scuba Cat" which was also excellent.
There is litterally everything you need within walking distance. 7-11 just two buildings to your left. Cheap seafood street restaurants around the corner to your right. Patong Beach is 5 minutes easy stroll straight down the road to your right. Cafe right at the front entrance. Bangla Road nightlife 5 minutes down the main road. Jungcelon Shopping Mall 5 minutes down the main road. Foreign Exchange stalls everywhere which gave an excellent exchange rate. Don't bother changing any at home. Wait till you get there. There is a excursions/island trips stall right outside the hotel to your left. If you say to the lady at the stall that you know "Taxi" the hotel owner and you are staying at the Minotel, she will give you a good discount. If you need help, advise and directions or just a taxi to the airport just ask the reception.

One little negative. Just a little bit dusty around the window sills on the headboard otherwise spotless everywhere else.

Would definately stay here again.
Richard & Mabel

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterbkk543, General Manager at The Minotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive comments - Taxie and the team are very pleased to hear them.

We try hard to keep the rooms clean and the towels and sheets in good condition. Just last week we had another supply of new towels, sheets and pillows - we know these are important to customers even in "budget" hotels. Re the issue you had on window sill by the headbooard we have re checked all the rooms and reminded the staff about them.

The location is great and being walking distance from most things means that guests do not have to pay the large tuk tuk fares that people staying out on say Nanai Road have to pay.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back.
Mooloolaba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, it was the second hotel we stayed at in Patong. It was a great place to stay, staff were very friendly, and the room was really clean. It was also quite a sizeable room. The location was really good as well, although a little noisy.

Room Tip: No lift, so ask for first floor room if you're too lazy to walk up stairs.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Peterbkk543, General Manager at The Minotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive comments. Our front desk staff try hard to look after our guests - I am glad you found them friendly. We also have 3 cleaning staff for just 19 rooms in the peak season to try and make sure the rooms are all cleaned thoroughly in this busy period. Being an older hotel it does mean that the rooms are generally larger than the newer budget type hotels that are currently being built. We glad you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to seeing you again.

Been to The Minotel? Share your experiences!