“amazing hotel and host” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Artha Guesthouse

Save Saved
You added Artha Guesthouse to your Saves list
Artha Guesthouse
262 Phung Muang Sai Gor Rd | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #2 of 334 Patong B&B and Inns
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“amazing hotel and host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

More than hotel stay I enjoyed being hosted by awesome man Mally, the owner of Artha hotel.

First about Mally, extremely helpful man...shall help you more than you could expect. His advice and pointers for the bookings and the places to visit will definitely make worth of every penny you spend. I must say I could enjoy Phuket more than I expected because of him.

About hotel, hotel has more amenities what you could expect from a budget hotel. A good spacious and well cleaned room. Bed was nice and allows you to have a good nice sleep after a tiring day trip.

Thank you Mally...

Room Tip: Choose any room....equally good
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

The owner of the hotel is just awesome! Upon reaching Phuket, we were bombarded with people trying to sell us expensive tickets to Phi Phi island, James Bond island, etc. However, Mally (the owner) helped us to get a much better deal for the tours. He gave us many pointers on where to go and what to do, extremely useful for foreigners who are not familiar with the place and did not do any planning. He even let us use the rooms for the afternoon after we checked out, hands down the coolest host we have ever had.

The rooms were cleaned daily and towels were changed daily as well. Comfy bed and right beside a family mart (7-11 kinda shop). Awesome BBQ seafood buffet opposite with good value as well (139 baht, which is really cheap compared to the inflated price of the other restaurants). Great wifi as well if you want to stay connected.

Overall, we were very satisfied with the place and really appreciate the warm hospitality we received.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

Mally (the owner) was very friendly and made our stay go smoothly. Rates were very reasonable. Room was big and very clean. The area around the place was very noisy in the evening but was quite nice at night. Location is a bit if a walk from paying beach, but ends up being great if you don't want to be in the madness of Bangala road at night.

• Stayed January 2012
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

We have stayed from Dec 18 till Dec 20th and it was a very good price for money. Location from Patong Beach and Soi Bangla Road is 10 mins by walk. We enjoyed our stay over there, Though rooms are not very hi fi with all the comforts of the world , but anything required during short trips are present there. Owner Mally is very friendly and nice person , he has arranged all the day trips (Phang Nga Bay and Phi Phi Island) for us at a very cheap price. He has also helped to book our tickets from Phuket to Bangkok. Overall if you see it is worth , and you are saving quite a lot of bahts staying there :) as compared to other expensive hotels in Phuket.

Room Tip: Its location, 10 mins walking from Bangla Road (the main night life for Phuket) and Patong Beach.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I stayed at Artha Hotel in April 2011. I was travelling alone and arrived at the hotel just after midnight. On my arrival, it was nice to be greeted by the owner Mally. I told him I was keen to go out that night but didn't know anyone, he made a few phone calls and all of a sudden I was out in town hanging out with other guests. It became one of my most memorable night out in Phuket. On top of this I didn't exchange enough baht and fortunately Mally lent me some money until I could sort it out. I initially booked for 4 nights and ended up staying for 9 nights. The room itself was spacious and clean. Yes, some nights you may hear music from the karaoke bars located on the same street...but It didn't bother me at all maybe it depends on the room you get. And Yes, it is a good 10 minute walk to the beach and the night life but that's what I liked about it...close enough but not too close to the action, if you can't be bothered walking there are taxi ranks across the road from the hotel and it's a cheap 2 mins ride. The only real con for me would have to be breakfast, I did find a place on the corner not far from Artha hotel but as with a lot of cafes/restaurants in Phuket...they don't open until late so I found myself having breakfast at midday, which is fine if you're having late nights. For me it was Mally and the other guests I met during my stay that made this experience memorable and for this reason I would recommend this place to other travellers who aren't fussy and just wants to have an amazing experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

This was my 2nd stay at the Artha hotel and I will definitely return on my next visit to Patong. Mally and Ae are 2 of the most friendly and helpful hosts you could ever want in a hotel. Their local knowledge is 2nd to none and will blow any tourist information office out of the water. The hotel itself is located on the same road that leads out to Karon and is also on 2 mins on a motor bike taxi from the bustling nightlife main strip of Bangla Rd (the best thing about this is the motor bike taxi rank is directly outside the Hotel). The rooms are all very clean and spacious, with full air con, safe deposit box, cable TV & shower. I have read some of the reviews on her which talk about noise at night, well I can say from experience that it is much noisier staying in the Bangkok Residence at 4 times the cost! Patong is a lively place on a night so noise goes with the territory and you can stay in a lot worse areas, I actually thought that it was a quieter part of Patong to stay at 4am!! All in all I highly recommend a stay at the Artha Hotel if you are looking for somewhere at a great price and warm and friendly hosts and guests in the bar.

Room Tip: Just ask the owner Mally!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Scarborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

After a difficult and long journey with a crazy taxi driver it was a great relief to finally arrive at Artha, we were a very tired and direct when we arrived and the owner Mally and his staff couldnt do anymore to acomodate us to much relief I have been to Thailand beore and found hotel administration frustrating to say the least.
The room we were given was exactly what I read and expected and most importantly in Thailand clean and cool, The bar is located at the bottom of the accomodation and sometimes get noisy when the football is on but this is due to popularity and does not last long nor is it that loud just a point to consider.
The main factor that stands out about the Artha is the friendly warm atmosphere there are other good points but that is the main one that made me repeat book for next high season.
Good value for money in a over exploited area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Artha Guesthouse? Share your experiences!