“THE PLACE TO BE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Artha Guesthouse

You added Artha Guesthouse to your Saves list
Artha Guesthouse
262 Phung Muang Sai Gor Rd | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #2 of 338 Patong B&B and Inns
5.0 of 5 stars 214 Reviews
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“THE PLACE TO BE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

My first visit to thailand and deffinatley not my last. I was recommended by a friend to stay at artha's hotel when i go to phuket.
When we first arrived we was greated by the Famous mally and his wonderful wife who showed us to our rooms and gave us all information about tours, nightlife ect.
We was interested in seeing an ophanage and mally got straight onto it and organised us going to Phuket sunshine village foundation. It was a great experience tosee and know that this foundation had supported these children in need emotionally and financially. We really appriecated the time mally took to sort out going to the orphanage and organising day trips out.
This hotel exceeded all our expectations. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the beach, the rooms are large and spacious, which are cleaned every day at 5pm so you know that you are deffinatley not going to be disturded after a good night out. Mally and his family are great and the place has a homely atmospher.
This is deffinately a place that i will return as the people are friendly, laid back and give great service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

I started off booking at a large hotel from the internet. I was very lucky to have stopped by Malley's Bar! I made sure to change my reservation for Artha asap, and will definitely make it my hotel of choice when I return! Great people at Malley's Bar nightly and great room , in a very good location, nice large king sized bed, nice balcony, with very cold air conditioning in the room.
Cant wait to visit again! Save your money and stay at Artha a better location , better deal, and the best people!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

what an enjoyable experience,rooms are spacious and cleaned on a daily basis.tv and fridge in room,air con in room,situated close to the night life,mally and his wife ae could not of done more for me to make my stay more enjoyable.i would reccomend the artha hotel to anyone visiting phuket.trips can be booked through mally at a very good price.
i will be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

best place iv stayed in thailand booked 4 days but stayed for 9,large comfortable rooms with aircon and balcony,cleaned daily at a reasonable time so u can enjoy a lie on...hosts couldnt be more helpful and a lovely bar for a relaxing drink...ideal location close to the beach and within walking distance of the busy nitelife...would recommend to anyone....

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

This hotel, not a bed and breakfast as listed here, is not that well known among locals because of its relative newness. The place itself is ok - the decor is sparse but tasteful. There's loud nightlife across the street that I thought would keep me awake but oddly enough it didn't bother me. Location-wise, it is 15 minutes from the beach and also 15 minutes to the main strip.

However where it shines is the wonderful, wonderful service by the host, Mally. (I met his wife only briefly as she literally just had a baby boy during the time I was there.) I've never had a host as accommodating and sweet as he was. He asked me what my plans were as soon as I was settled in. He got brochures to help plan my stay and even bargained for me! Eventually, I got into the habit of looking forward to a quick hi or chat at the day's end. His guests were also very nice and I don't think it was a coincidence. The man has a knack for making his guests feel very welcome and at home.

One tip though: I had a rough time making a reservation. On the hotel's site, there's an email address which I used to ask questions and book a reservation. He received none of those. There's a form on the site which was the only way I could communicate with electronically. Lucky for me, I called to confirm my reservation. Even though at the end of my stay, Mally did manage to receive emails again, I suggest travelers call ahead just to confirm.

This place was highlight of my stay in Phuket and Thailand and I definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Great place, great people & great "craic" altogether!
We had booked 2stay with Mally & Ae for 2nights & ended up staying 4nights - just couldn't get enough of the place and they are both so helpful and welcoming. The rooms are amazing - big, air con, en suite, hot water, cable TV & cleaned everyday. Its like a little piece of Heaven in Patong!!!!

5mins from the biggest shopping centre Phuket has to offer and 10mins from the infamous Patong Beach - Artha definitely is the place to be. Trust me if it wasn't for all the staff and friends of this hotel our trip wouldn't have been even half the trip it turned out to be! Definitely be back to see them all (weither they like it or not)..

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Patong, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

Found this place great, Mally the gaff is a great bloke and really looks after you no matter what you need. Keen Manchester United supporters and late night football games on the big screen makes it a great atmosphere. I found Artha hotel to be one of the best places to stay having been traveling for 2 months and many hotel rooms. Mally is a Mike Myers look alike so if your up for a laugh and a great sense of humour this is the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Artha Guesthouse? Share your experiences!