“Terrible treatment of pre-paid customers...scary experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tiger Inn

You added Tiger Inn to your Saves list
Tiger Inn
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   140 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #161 of 356 Patong B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Terrible treatment of pre-paid customers...scary experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

This hotel treated us terribly making us feel very scared and uncomfortable.
We arrived at 11pm after a long flight to check in using our prepaid agoda voucher to be told our room was occupier and we would be taken to another hotel.
We had no idea of the layout of patong and were scared, despite arguing they pretended not to understand, ignored my receipt set.
We were out in the back of a car and taken to a random 'affiliate hotel' several streets away from our hotel. The room we stayed in was in a dodgy hotel, quite far away and the bathroom was disgusting and dirty. We were told we could check in to our rightful hotel at 9am the next day. This did not happen until 2pm, ruining half of the next day. After we checked in everything else was fine, the staff were pleasant the room and location of hotel good. But would NEVER book again because of this scary experience - we were offered no compensation. The thai staff laughed and mocked us in thai when we were scared. VERY UNPLEASANT!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

we stayed here as we remembered the building from the previous year and we had to meet friends there after having an 18 hour delay in Singapore.

The hotel looks pretty basic when walking up the stairs but really it is nice.

Every door is key card entry, We stayed on the side facing the school 2 floors up. It was quiet enough to sleep, close to everything, had a nice bathroom (water tempratures did change in the shower), bar fridge and AC. you are allowed to have guests without a fee , if they are thai u must sign them in at the desk downstairs. cost us 1000 Baht a night for a twin share room so 500THB each.

Food and coctails from the restraunt are good

Room Tip: i don't think it would matter, we were close to the street and was able to sleep fine.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
West London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Booked the night before and got two nights for £85 between 2 of us so was rather pricy for Patong but we did leave it last minute. Great location with clean rooms and lovely bathrooms (superior room). This was my 2nd stay at this hotel and would definately go back. Excellent location near to Bangla Road which is very lively and vibrant at night. Not too far from the beach either although you do have to walk down some back roads.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Haifa, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I posted a review about this hotel after my first sty there last year, and gave it a 5 point score. I stated I will come again and so I did - this time for a full week.

And the reason I am posting this second review, is because I was disappointed. This stay I got a room in the 4th floor facing south opposed to the 5th floor room facing north I got last time - and what a difference it made....

First of all when I came in, I got overwhelmed by a smell of moss. I was told that after turning the air condition on, it will disappear. So I gave it 5 minutes, and asked to move to a different room. This room was better but still could feel the moss smell when coming in - but at least it did go away after having the A/C working for two minutes.

The second problem is noise - facing south, the room is located over the area where the band is playing - usually a little noisy but not too bad if you are not a light sleeper. But, on Monday it was just impossible - The noise was very very loud, and there were very loud drum beats that made you feel you are inside a concert show. at 1:30AM I was so frustrated I called the reception and asked for how long will the noise continue. They said they are very sorry for that ( because of the noise at the lobby floor it was very difficult to even understand what they say on the phone), it will take about half an hour more ( it did stop at 2:10 AM), and that it is because they have an open night (or something like that) on Mondays...

Rather than that, all the other good things I had to say in my previous review are correct - Large rooms, comfortable beds, nice bath tub (although if you shower - the water changes temperature like pulses - be aware of that...), decent breakfast.

To summarize up - in my last day in patong, I spent some time looking at other hotels in the area for my stay next year - I believe it says it all.

Room Tip: If you want to go to sleep before 2 AM - Only take 5th floor facing North.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

*Ask for the rooms facing Bangla road. You might not see it clearly but at least you'll get a good view of Patong.

They have a bath tub and good, cold air condition.

It's a good location for those places you need to go. Late night massage / bangla road / glbt bars / mall / seafood restaurants.

The elevator makes me a bit claustrophobic. Maybe because it is warm / minimal ventillation. But it's alright since I'm at the 3rd floor.

If you need big western foods, you can buy at the restaurant in the first floor. But for the rest, try the Seafood shops nearby :) Eat at the No.8 shop in the Seafood market.

Enjoy Phuket.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing Bangla road. You might not see it clearly but at least you'll get a goo...
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

A fair , good priced, clean hotel with very good service .Cited in the centre of Patong . The noise there is not unbearable but if you have a special problem with it(as me) ask for a room at the "side which looks at the school". There is no problem at all there.

Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Tiger Inn? Share your experiences!