Having read the reviews and booked 3 rooms for a 4 night stay in July, I thought we could expect a nice 3.5 star hotel not too far from the action in Patong.
There was a group checking in upon arrival at the hotel, to be fair a desk was opened in order to check us in. The lobby and corridors of the hotel are all open plan so are not air conditioned. There was a bell boy on duty to assist with the luggage. One very strange issue is that they charge a 300 THB deposit for an additional key card - I've never heard of this at any hotel before.
I had a reasonable impression of the hotel for a couple of days, the pool is nice and big and has good opening hours. Our room looked over the pool - although one of our rooms overlooked a building site! Breakfast was plentiful and of a reasonable quality - although they need to consider adding a range of breads.
Wifi was very intermittent and for one of our group impossible to use from their room. My friend was unwell one night so I asked them to change the sheets and make up the room during breakfast. After 1 hour this was still not done - the front office manager blamed it on housekeeping - but there is a problem deeper than this and that is few of the hotel staff speak any English. Every single request was handled badly mainly due to language issues.
I spoke to the general manager who was very apologetic and seemed to really care... He offered our group a BBQ dinner that evening to apologise. At 7pm we went to the restaurant to be given a tiny plate of seafood, one prawn, one tiny piece of cuttlefish and fish. We actually thought it was just an appetiser, it wasn't BBQed so we had been lied to. In fact we even felt that they had tried to fool us, the cost of the drinks in their restaurant would have covered the tiny portions we received.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect LocationPeacefully but conveniently located in Patong on the south-west coast of Phuket island, within a comfortable stroll of Patong’s renowned entertainment heart land Bangla Road and the glorious beach. Just a 40 minute drive from Phuket International Airport, we aim to be your first choice when booking your Patong Beach Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawaddi Patong Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa Phuket