“Least favourite place I stayed in Thailand” 2 of 5 stars

Bodega
189/3 Rat U Thit, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #10 of 338 Patong B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Least favourite place I stayed in Thailand”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here from recommendations, and I have to say they're over rated. Everything about this place was average, no more. The girl who worked here (Kirstin) wasn't that helpful and I found her level of service quite frustrating and her advice useless. Begging people to write good reviews on sites like Trip Advisor, isn't cool. The room was okay, I am sure that our toiletries were used by hostel staff when the room was cleaned and I wouldn't stay here again or recommended it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed about 5 nights at Bodega and not only was it my first time staying in a hostel but also the most fun I have on my travels in Thailand! The staff there are fantastic and always about including everyone and getting people together. I met some really amazing people there that made my trip so memorable.
I stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm. The bed was comfortable and there was AC in the room which is so nice after a long day at the beach. The rooms are maintained every day so it was always clean.
The location of this hostel is also excellent. Its about a 5 minute walk right to the beach and 2 mins from Bangla Road for all the party people out there. Noise isn't too big a factor even though it does have a central location.
All in all I think Bodega is a hostel that other hostels should aspire to. Great staff, good rooms, wonderful location and a great atmosphere for solo travellers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed in this hostel twice and both times had a great experience. The hostel is in a great location, the staff are incredibly helpful and warm. The hostel was one of the cleanest I've stayed at and the hostel has a great in house restaurant. If I ever make it back to Phuket, I will definitely stay at Bodega.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Canterbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Recently stayed here in a 4-bed dorm. Rooms are BIG, beds really comfortable and all very clean. The hostel is in a quiet position which you will really appreciate, but also centrally located and a few minutes walk to Bangla Road and Patong beach. The food that comes out of the kitchen is insanely tasty and cheap, and looks like food you would get in a restaurant.

Best thing about this hostel, particularly if you are a solo traveller and keen to meet like-minded people is the staff. They are sooo good at including everyone so it makes the meeting people part that much easier, and by the time I left, felt like family. Infact, I missed a flight to Chiang Mai to stay one more night and ended up re-routing my trip with the people I met there and then WENT BACK for one more night of Bodega fun en-route to Chiang Mai the following week.

There's something seriously special about this place, so if you want to make friends for life, be surrounded by like-minded people in a fun and social environment stay here - As long as you want to, you'll be accepted in a made part of the Bodega family just as I was.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

One of the best hostel I ever stayed... Cool helpful staff..great atmosphere. Everything you need in one..near to everything that there could ever be, I'll comeback again for sure and recommend to fellow travellers...

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at the Bodega in August and was welcomed by a lovely knowledgeable staff. They made the time to give you information about attractions and even booked them. I was sent directions to the hostel in Thai to make it easy to get there from the airport and provided with easy access out with a shuttle that they also booked for me. The place is cleaned daily and the cleaning staff is lovely and trustworthy. I had no concerns about the security of my room or the security of the facilities in general. It is a good place to meet all sorts of travellers and to just chat with a great staff that makes killer espressos and smoothies. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I stayed in the private rooms and had a little balcony, my own daily cleaned bathroom, towels provid...