Just spent a weekend at Baan Yuree hotel (up the hill) in Patong, 8th-10th Oct 2010. Room and balcony were both very spacious but infested with ants, unfortunately in the bed, floors etc.... As young expats in Asia, we're certainly use to ants but not to this extent.
There was drilling the whole weekend next to the pool (so none of the guests could use the hotel facilities due to noise and 15+ work men all being on site around the pool). On the 3rd complaint, the hotel staff did get the drilling part stopped, and said they would start again at 5pm Sunday once we left for the airport (poor guests for those still staying there)!
They also forgot to clean our room when we returned from a day out. When we told the reception they said you must have put the 'do not disturb' on the door which we didn't. They advised that we must have and then forgotten we had done so. This is not very good customer service. We did not put any signs on the door and a simply apology would have been more appropriate. We're not unreasonable and were very polite when we complained about this.
The hotel offers its own transport to town and back, but this often involved dropping the driver's friend(s) home first, which was a 15 min detour the other way from our hotel.
To be fair, when we needed to print something quickly during our stay, they were accomodating and did not charge for this in reception.
We tried room service which was a reaonsable price but not a very good standard, and the breakfast, whilst a few choices, was even worse. Also, the drilling could clearly be heard whilst eating breakfast at 9am and the breakfast area is also situated in the same area as check in which I am not a personal fan of (but wouldn't have given a second thought if it hadn't have been for all the other complaints).
We chose this hotel because it was slightly out the way of Patong's main area and offered a tranquil and peaceful setting - it did not live up to this at all.
This was our 5th trip to Phuket in 3 yrs and there are nicer resorts offering a much better standard and more relaxed atmosphere (yet closer to the beach) for a great weekend away. We won't be returning to Baan Yuree!
- Also Known As:
- Baan Yuree Resort And Hotel
- Baan Yuree Resort And Hotel Patong
- Baan Yuree Resort And Spa Patong, Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Yuree Phuket Resort & Spa is a Contemporary-Thai Style phuket resort that is situated on a hill near the famous Patong Beach. The hotel is very well located being a few minutes from beaches and the center of Patong, yet quiet, peaceful & private. Situated on a hill , the phuket resort has a scenic Andaman sea view and Patong town view. Moreover, the area is in a beautiful natural setting and is also safe from any potential Tsunami. At Baan Yuree Phuket Resort & Spa, all guests are treated as VIPs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Fastbooking so you can book your Baan Yuree Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.