“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baan Yuree Resort and Spa

You added Baan Yuree Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Baan Yuree Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Petchakut Road, Patong Beach, A. Kathu | 12/1 Sirirat Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #153 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed with Baan Yuree for 5D4N (29/7 to 2/8) and we were very pleased with the hotel! Staff were patient and friendly who would make special arrangements for you upon request. We stayed in a Superior room and it provided generous room space with a seating area between the bed and the balcony.

The room was clean and comfortable- nothing better than going back to a well-groomed room after a whole day of sun, sea and traveling! The air-conditioning cooled the room swiftly and there were several electrical outputs around the room to charge up your gadgets.

Breakfast had a variety- pancakes, scrambled & sunny-side up eggs, ham, cereal, fried rice and noodles... The works. The menu doesn't change much each day, but the selection was wide enough to have different things for breakfast during our 5 day stay.

Although the hotel is up on a steep hill, they have shuttle services to send you to Jungceylon Shopping Mall and Patong Beach, both destinations merely 8 mins away from the hotel. Though you might have to do a little planning before taking it as each transfer is 2 hours apart (except in the evening peak, they have hourly transfers then).

The only down side to our stay was that there was a blackout in the main building that took roughly 2 hours to get back on. It was quite a scary experience because it was in the middle of the night, but the staff provided candles to help. Then there was also a last minute reschedule of our Thai massages we arranged for, but it was only a minor setback. There were also upgrading renovation works that were rather noisy, but work only ran from morning to early evening, so it doesn't bother our sleep since we'll be out during construction time, and by the time we return to the hotel, works would've stopped for the day.

I would most definitely recommend Baan Yuree to my friends and family, and will stay again when I come back to Phuket!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Me and my sis had a great stay at this hotel from 8th July to 11th July 2013...Front desk ladies were very frenly and great help when needed assistance..Rooms were clean and super spacious, we chose the Deluxe one...With a view of the Patong beach. I will choose this hotel when i go back phuket...Its swimming pool is maintain every morning...the cleaners will clear the pools of the leaves and flowers.....We did not take the breakfast there so we do not know the quality....It is about 15mins away from Patong beach / city...they have the shuttle bus till 10pm to and back from city....timing of the bus shuttle got to see properly as we tot it was 2hr once but actually there are 1hr intervals to @ certain timing...they have good Wifi access!!! Our stay was great with Wifi....

Overall this resort is great! Taking a tuk tuk is standard 300Baht as it is located in a slope hill....Worth the stay and money spent!!
Most importantly, they dun take deposit of 3,000 Baht like other hotels...they only request for credit card number as a 'deposit'...

Frankly, this is the first hotel true to its website picture n description....

We stayed in room 1607!

Jas

Room Tip: Rooms on level 6 has beach view and almost the view of the whole city! Swimming pool is clean!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We bought the Super Coupon vouchers $398 for 7 nights, we were a bit concerned after reading some reveiws, but were pleasantly surprised, the staff were very friendly, the pool was great, breakfast was ok, the place was far enough away from the kaos of the main city which suited us
The hill up to the Hotel was steep, I hear people complaining about it, get over it Princesses work of the huge breakfast you just ate, if you dont want to walk it get the free shuttle or a tuk tuk
The only complaint I have about this place is at our back verandah had a smell like sewarage
But I guess you get that eveywhere you walk around Phuket

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had them set up the room for a surprise to my partner for our 5th anniversary together. They did an amazing job it was beautiful and he was very surprised to.... Bed was hard as the floor. They did try to make it more soft for me but I ended up getting the air mattress from the pool and using that... slept on the couch for the first 2 nights anyway I sorted that and worked out if you didn't have a shower around 5/6pm it was not going to be a warm one. Nice and refreshing anyway... didn't have breakfast so can't comment. Didn't have a problem at the pool bar, the guy was there the whole time serving my hubby. I thought it was great we had scooters so the hill didn't bother us, we walked down it a few times but paid no more than 200 baht for a taxi/tuk tuk back to hotel. All in all we had a great stay at this place and found the staff very friendly. Thanks Baan Yuree you were great to us... ;-)

Room Tip: We chose the pool side room. Not a great view from the balcony but all greenery and we didn't g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I bought a Groupon Voucher and stayed there in the periods 8 June - 11 June. To be honest after reading all the 'horrible' reviews here I was afraid and prepared to face the worst. To our pleasant surprise it was nothing at all like that!
The hotel staff was friendly - from the lobby desk staff to the shuttle drivers, and the waiters in their restaurant. The rooms were clean enough for us and best of all, the room was huge! Plenty of room to chuck our dirty clothes and junk food..hehe.
The breakfast food was decent, you get the standard fried eggs, sausages, ham, fried noodles, porridge, or pasta (they change one of these items per day). Best thing is that you get to eat in comfort in the fully air conditioned restaurant (coz when you're in Thailand you probably spend the rest of the day sweating anyway so it's a refreshing change).
We even had dinner in the hotel restaurant on our final night, their Pad Thai comes highly recommended, and the prices aren't much different from eating in Patong anyway.

After checking out and arriving home in Malaysia, we realized we left a batik skirt in the room's balcony! My wife had been wearing that for years, feeling sad due to it's sentimental value. I quickly emailed Baan Yu Ree if I could get back the batik skirt. They replied not long after, saying that they had found the skirt and would courier it to me. True enough, I got the skirt back, thankfully. I'm really impressed with this extra service that they had provided me.

If I ever return to Patong, Phuket I would definitely stay in Baan Yuree again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Rooms were ok- for the price paid (discounted) at that I would expect the rooms more luxurious and at least clean. I agree with previous reviewer with comments on the hill- it's quite step. The shuttle bus pick up time a bit variable from the shopping mall. There is not much bar service by pool, each drink takes about 15 mins to make. The prices (1200 baht) for the spa are expensive given the experience- you would expect for that price better service. The breakfast is not really exciting -though does suffice.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hill to get to the location is a joke! They don't tell you about that!! ..
The morning breakfast is not fresh just stuck with toast. And the second it starts getting close to breakfast finish time they all stand staring at you (so uncomfortable) and cleaning up around you as if to tell you to get out now.

First room we was in has no exhaust fans in bathroom aircon didn't work and leaked everywhere won't even go into detail on how disgusting the bathroom was!, complained and they sent someone to look at the aircon he spoke no English walked in turned aircon on walked out then nothing happened?? Had to then AGAIN go back downstairs to ask what the go was and it was basically oh forgot about you .. After a frustrating long discussion we finally got moved rooms with a working aircon!! ...
And all the aircons leak we found out.
Went to lobby to book day trip and seems that all the deals advertised on the website and on the desk its not up to date they said 'cannot do this price' what a joke! Why advertise it then!

Then also when we went to book late check out which all details are in the book that you find in your room saying till 6pm 900baht we ask for late check out and get told yes we charge 1200 baht (which is what we have paid for each 10 nights ATM through deal we got) was told that the book is not up to date and they have to charge under new policy... When I told the girl I was not happy yet again something not being updated she thought it was funny and was laughing! .. What great customer service, they just didn't give a s@#t!

I could go on but this says the main stuff.

Just so dissapointed over all with this resort! .. We stayed at the banthai a few nights before staying at baan yuree and coming from that to baan yuree was just a shock. Would recommend banthai but as for baan yuree got nothing nice to say whatsoever!.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Baan Yuree Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!