“Nice hotel for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baan Yuree Resort and Spa

You added Baan Yuree Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Baan Yuree Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Petchakut Road, Patong Beach, A. Kathu | 12/1 Sirirat Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #166 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Kuala Lumpur
“Nice hotel for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our family with 2 children stayed at Baan Yuree from 25 - 28 March 2013. We arrived at night and took a taxi from the airport (flat rate as the taxis refused to use metres). Checking-in was not a hassle at all. We were served welcome drinks and took to our room which was spacious and clean. We had a room with king-size bed and an extra bed.

The resort is very nice with swimming pools in three levels. We truly enjoyed the pools as they were not crowded and surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens.

We also enjoyed Thai traditional massage at the Spa and the price was very reasonable. The resort provides shuttle service to Patong and Jungceylon, hence very convenient.

The only problem is its location on a hill which does not allow you to just go out as you like for food or shopping. Otherwise, this resort is a good place for a quiet getaway from the hustle and bustle of Patong.

Staff were very accommodating as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Thai first
Coolangatta, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed there with my wife in 2010. It is a nice resort with nice facilities. The staff were helpful and friendly. The walk up the steep little hill is suitable for only those with sound fitness levels. However there is a bus running to and from the hotspots and of course you can catch a taxi / tuk tuk. If you dont want to be right in the middle of all the noise and chaos of phuket, then the Baan Yuree is a nice place to base yourself. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at Baan Yuree for 4 nights in March 2013. It's a wonderful place and officer is good courtesy. In the room at Baan Yuree is a luxury and clean. In the morning, breakfast is a lot and delicious. It have a shuttle bus send you at Junceylon and patong beach. It's good place and I happy when I stay at Bann Yuree. I will go back !!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Baan Yuree for 4 nights in March 2013, our family of 4 including a toddler and a baby. I am surprised reading some of these reviews, people complaining about the resort when it is Groupon or Ezystays that they have a problem with, but they blame the hotel! The Baan Yuree was wonderful, we booked through hotels.com and had no problems at all. They even had a baby cot set up for us beforehand (no charge) and we hadn't even requested it. I agree the bathroom grout was a little dirty but this was no big deal, overall the rooms and facilities were very clean. As for the little bugs, these are everywhere in Asia, again this did not bother us. The staff were amazing, everyone was incredibly helpful from the shuttle driver to the bell boys, reception staff, tour desk manager, restaurant wait staff, and ladies in the spa. Both my husband and I enjoyed massages in the spa. The pool was fantastic, our 2-yr old son loved the children's pool because it was shallow enough for him to play in by himself, and there were pool noodles and beach balls available. Best of all the resort has a kids playroom on ground level which was well-stocked with brand-new looking, clean toys, and overall the room was very clean and kid friendly. Our son loved it! Breakfast was the best out of the 6 places we stayed at in Thailand. Very tasty, lots of variety, and a few items were changed each day so it was not the same thing every day. The frequent shuttle to the shopping centre (an indoor air conditioned mall) was very handy. With 2 small children it was great being up on the hill away from the Patong nightlife craziness. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone staying in Phuket, the best value for our money

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were due to stay at this hotel back in early October 2013. We had a Groupon voucher but paid an additional $545 to upgrade to a family room for 7 nights. This was all booked about 6 months before our travel date. I said "were" due to stay because two days before we were due to arrive, we get a call from Ezystays (their rep) that the room that we had booked was no longer available. Well I wasn't impressed considering that they had already taken our upgrade money and we booked months before so wasn't sure how they could take away our booking two days before arrival. They tried to placate us by offerring two deluxe rooms for our family room price. I basically said no as we had 2 small children and we did not want to be separated and it was not what I wanted. They then offerred the additional room free of charge and they would refund me the upgrade charge. I wasn't convinced but they asked me if I would just go and have a look at the rooms and make up my mind when I got there. I was kind of stuck so I reluctantly agreed as long as they make sure that we had interconnecting rooms as we did not want to be separated as a family.
Suffice to say when we got there we got two seperate rooms, not interconnecting. Besides that the rooms were awful, musty, aircon was leaking, mouldy chairs in the balcony etc. I rang their rep in Thailand and told them that the room was unacceptable. They made an attempt to get us other accommodation in their other hotels with no luck and then basically just told us that they will refund our money and left us to our own devices. So here we were stuck in Phuket, no accommodation, the hotel internet was down it was pouring with rain. We had to ask a lady at a travel desk in the hotel to google us some accommodation options. Then we used the hotel phone to call. It took about 3 hours to find something. We had not eaten since breakfast and it was already 3 in the afternoon. It was one of the most stressfull experiences in my life. In the end we had a good holiday but we had to move hotels twice because the first hotel only had a vacancy for two nights.
When I returned to Australia I contacted Ezystays and they refunded me the upgrade but not the cost of the groupon voucher. Even though they emailed to say that they were refunding that money to me, it took many months of correspondence before I finally heard nothing from them. It was only this week that I found out that they were no longer trading.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We purchased a coupon of this hotel on the GROUPON website, as we were planning to use it for our Honeymoon. Like many other Hotels out there, this hotel looks 10 times more impressive on the internet than in real life.
Upon arrival, we were told we did not have a booking, and that the company that had organised the vouchers had gone bankrupt, so we had to pay 1800 Baht for a night. I advised the receptionist we were checking out late on one night and she had charged me a full day instead of charging me the 800 baht for a late checkout. When I tried to correct this the next day, they tried to advise me that I didnt need a late checkout because I already paid a full night?? and then they proceeded to tell me it was my fault because I did not give exact time I was wanting to checkout. It seemed to go around in circles and then they would just stop talking and I felt like an idiot standing there waiting for an appropriate response.
The bathrooms were filthy, it seems their house keeping need a good lesson in scrubbing grime off shower walls and corners. There were ants everywhere in the bnenches, that they ended up all in side me laptop.
Upon checkin we were given two keys, and on key card was kept by our "baggage carrier" which was very odd, first time I have ever encoutered this.
Overall, the only positive of this is the shuttle that leaves every 1-2 hours to go into "town", beware, many taxi's and tuktuks will charge 300 baht for one way drop off due to the high hill, there are many that will take 200, so dont settle.
I would advise that people not stay here with the current prices. Should be around 600-100 baht a night, not anywhere near a 4 star resort. very uninpressed.
Oh and beware, the beds are pretty much as soft as sleeping on the floor, very hard and gave me a sore back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Loved staying at the baan yuree! Staff were lovely and helped out when needed, restaurant food was great and catered for all tastes. It was great how it was slightly out of town as night time is very hectic. Pool and pool bar was excellent (special thanks to bung and ting) a swim is a must after a hot day shopping. Tours can be organized at resort, felt that we were getting safe arrangements thru them. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Baan Yuree Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!