“Surprisingly cheap but great room and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amici Miei Hotel

You added Amici Miei Hotel to your Saves list
Amici Miei Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   74 / 38 Soi Banzaan, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #33 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Surprisingly cheap but great room and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed in double bed for last 3 days in Thailand. The location is the best, supermarket next to the hostel, street food at the corner and few minutes walk to main shopping area(cant remember). The room is surprisingly great with that cheap price. The only flaw in room is the air-condition, Its too close to our bed. A little bit frustrating to adjust it well. Receptionist is very nice and helpful. There is a small cafe downstare, serving great espresso. I will definitely come back to this hostel if I go to Thailand again!

Room Tip: It's not a good place for social but if you want privacy and break from noisy street. It's a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Amici miei hotel was a fantastic hotel to stay in its close to all the main areas like Bangla road and the jungceylon! But it's very quiet so a good nights sleep is very easy! The staff are excellent English is very good and they are always looking to go out of their way to help and make sure everything is okay for their guest they're very friendly people.

• Stayed November 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

After a rather grueling year, my partner and me zeroed on Phuket, with this being my first ever visit to the celebrated holiday spot. As much as I was excited about the vacation itself, Phuket particularly wasnt my first choice. I left it to my partner to decide on where to stay and she picked Amici Miei of a thousand options. Looking back to what has been almost a month now, boy am I glad she did.

Everything from the first glimpse of the small facade, after a short trip from KL, till I waved bye to Ei (the concierge + day time manager) Amici Miei contributed a huge deal to how my overall Phuket experience turned out to be. Its a squeaky clean, small boutique hotel with fantastic coffee and all basic necessities (comfortable bed, daily house keeping that includes cleaning the bathroom, perfectly working AC, a TV, affordable range of cold beverage in the mini bar) covered. I even got an iron on a couple of occasions promptly after I had requested for it. The lift was swift and clean. The bike rent of THB 150 was dirt cheap.

While these were all awesome, what struck me the most as I look back, was their service. Ei particularly went beyond expectations throwing in a surprise birthday cake that I had planned with her for my girlfriend, "on the house". I know she actually had to get it from a nearby mall and for that I am eternally grateful to her. The owners Marco & Franco are lovely people. I had a long conversation with one of them on how did it all begin, knowing they are originally from Italy. The only bit that skips my memory is his name. I am just not sure whether he was Marco or Franco :P

Of all places I have stayed so far, this undoubtedly had been the best experience away from home and without a shred of doubt, I'll return to Phuket soon. And as you may have guessed it, will make a reservation with Amici. 3 nights just wasnt enough :) I'd recommend this place to anyone who is looking to have an awesome - sane time within a 10 mins walk from all happening places on a budget (or not). Give Amici a try, it'll be a massive surprise if you wont feel the same like I do now, after you did.

Room Tip: We got a room that faced, the behind of the main street and I slept like a baby, so I cant comment o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Darwin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I recently booked a room at Amici online before coming to Phuket. I went into Amici a week before my booking date (i was staying in another hotel) to try and arrange payment for the room. The conversation with the receptionist went like this:
Me: "hi, can I please have a look at one of the rooms?"
Staff: blank stare
Me: "can I look at room? maybe I want to stay here."
Staff: blank stare.
Me: "is there anyone that speaks English here?"
Staff: "Ahh no. You want room?" staff pulls out calendar and asks me to indicate which days I want.
Me: "no, I already have a booking. But I want to see the room first and then I'll pay."
Staff: "Yes"
This continued for several minutes until I managed to use hand signals to indicate that I wanted to look at the room. The staff member eventually caught on and took me up to look at a room. Continued conversation:
Me: "ok, thank you. If I want to pay for my booking do I pay now or on the day?"
Staff: blank stare. Staff member again tries to get me to point on the calendar which days I want to stay.
I decided to just point at the days I wanted. The staff member took out a calculator and showed me 1000 baht for two nights.
Me: " ok but I already have a booking. Do I pay now or on the day?"
Staff: "yes"
Me: "do I pay now or on the day I stay?"
Staff: "yes"

Unfortunately due to the lack of English speaking skills of the staff member I gave up, and have now booked at another hotel. I understand that English is not the first language of Thais, but this is a hotel! The girl at the laundry shop down the road spoke more English than this.

All in all, the rooms looked quite clean and reasonable for the price, the bathroom smelled (not sure if it was just the room I looked at), and the rooms had aircon and a safe in the cupboard.

I probably would have stayed here if the staff could've actually communicated properly. Amici, you need to employ some people who can deliver proper customer service. Not only is it causing you to lose business, but those who have already booked and paid deserve better when they arrive.

• Stayed October 2012
Marco M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Amici Miei Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Seumas, we are sorry but in the night time we have not staff english speaking.
Normally people who want to see room or speak with me, or with receptionist or understand more about the hotel come during the day time and not in night time.
With best regards
Marco
Chandigarh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hi I have been to this hotel from 14th October to 18th October, The best thing about this hotel is the personal care during your stay by all the hotel staff. Here you will feel the great atmosphere of Hospitality and care with big smiles. I personally feel glad to stay here, at reception Ms Eee is the best. she will take care of all your requirements with lots of smiles.

Marco, Franco and Eee these three people make your trip to this hotel memorable. Amici miei is one of the best Budget hotel in Phuket with Spacious room and comfortable bed. Rooms are in good condition with hot shower.

Location of Amici Miei push you to come back and stay in this hotel again. its near by Beach, Market and Mall. Even I have surprised to see the good Indian and Italian restaurant just in front of it with excellent food quality.

I don't forget to mention the massage and spa just in front of this hotel, its simply awesome, I have experienced the best Thai massage in this Parlour than any other place. so Must recommend place to stay in PHUKET.

Room Tip: Standard room is sufficient.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Singaraja, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Hi,

I went to visit Phuket from 4-7 October, and had my accomodation at amici miei hotel over this period. I am pleased to review this hotel, it was clean, affordable and located near patong beach, with pleasant and spacious rooms; there may not be many facilities, but the rooms are very well maintained. I also would commend the high standards of service provided by the staff there. For instance, I left a bag of luggage back in the hotel, and they were very helpful in mailing the parcel back to me when i contacted them via email, and even absorbed the shipping costs. Very good choice.

Jim

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

As the name suggests this is an Italian owned/ managed hotel, and it shows in more than the quality of the coffee! the location isn't exactly central but is only a short walk from Soi Bangla and the major shopping mall, Its certainly not beach side (and no pool) but its not next door to a construction site or a late night rave either, which is a big plus for Patong!The rooms were basic but clean, comfortable and secure. I arrived really late and was relieved they honoured my (non-gteed) booking as the hotel was full. The management and staff we're really helpful and friendly offering good advice about Phuket and further afield. This is a good budget offering with a bit of character. Good for singles and couples but probably not great for families as it has no play areas.

Phuket is expensive by Thai standards so you'd get a better value staying somewhere budget like this in Patong and splurging on 5 star in Bangkok.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Amici Miei Hotel? Share your experiences!