“Great location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amici Miei Hotel

You added Amici Miei Hotel to your Saves list
Amici Miei Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   74 / 38 Soi Banzaan, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #33 of 278 Hotels in Patong
4.5 of 5 stars 167 Reviews
Edmonton
“Great location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night during our 3 week trip to SE Asia. I would say that it was the least memorable hotel of our trip. That means that it wasn't great but wasn't bad either.

The service was quite good. Our first room had a lock on the sliding door that didn't work so we were immediately moved across the hall to a different room. The rooms were well equipped including a safe. An update to the bathroom would have been nice but it wasn't terrible.

The location is terrific, only a couple blocks from all the action and yet very quite. We will not be returning to Phuket as it was by FAR our least favorite place in Thailand that we visited, but if we did we would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Hotel was fantastic. Clean rooms, very friendly staff. We had a late flight so we sat around in the lobby and used the free internet. Staff were only to happy to have us. Rooms were great standard if you are on a budget like we were! Hot water and good air conditioning. Located a very short walk from everything which was very convienient. We would definately stay here again

Room Tip: Rooms were a bit noisy due to location. Ask to see the room beforehand as some are nicer than others...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Was surprised at how nice it was, I was expecting a lot less since the price is so low. Very clean, well presented and staff were very helpful. Make sure you know how to find it yourself but, not one taxi driver new where it was even though it is very central and close to the heart of Patong.

• Stayed April 2012
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Patong Beach is not the best tourist town in Thailand; probably one of the worst, and getting seedier. But if you want a civilized, clean hotel for a really great price, Amici is just fine. Our cost was less than $50 per night, but the rooms are very clean, with very beautiful tile floors, and the breakfast and Italian coffee were very nice. The senior staff speak English well and are very friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

After reading reviews of this hotel prior to our Phuket trip, I decided to contact the hotel for reservations. Emails were consistent up until our arrival. We were warmly greeted by Marco and Franco who helped carry our luggages inside! The hotel room itself is pretty standard for a budget hotel. Showers were hot, rooms were cleaned EVERY single day! Location is GREAT, about 10-15 minutes walk to the beach (maybe a bit far walk but you're in Thailand, might as well enjoy the walk and explore the streets!), a block away from Jungceylon Mall and 2 blocks away from busy Bangla Road.. far enough to avoid the noises at night but close enough to walk and enjoy the nightlife without paying for cab. Banzaan Market is just 2 minutes away, we went there to eat dinner every night! A variety of selection on street food, drinks, mini shopping.

Downstairs from the hotel also offers you a menu on breakfast and dinner if you wanted to eat in the hotel for a decent price. Have a beer in eating area too if you'd like with access to a complimentary computer & wifi, as well as a TV. Service was great! Front desk staff, cleaning ladies and the owners made our stay wonderful.

Only complaints during our stay was one night we left some snacks out on the bed while we went out and came back to a herd of little tiny ants on our bed at 3AM. We told the night shift guy and he helped us replace the sheets and let us know he will let the owners know first thing in the morning. We never seen ants again once the sheets were changed and cleaned. But that definitely did not ruin our stay in such a friendly hotel! Also, our air conditioner was dripping water but was fixed after we let the owners know.

Great stay, would love to stay here again next time I return to Phuket. Thanks Marco and Franco for the warm greetings every morning and a "good night" every night! To the wonderful front desk lady that made our stay enjoyable and comfortable. We will definitely be back :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I contact the owner via email to book this hotel and confirmed by the owner. Then I asked time to arrange with my bank to ensure that payment using my credit card will run smoothly as couple months earlier, I experienced that my bank reject the payment for overseas usage. Then the next day, I also asked the availability of the hotel for other day since I planned to arrived earlier. But to my surprised, they told me that the rooms that they had confirmed the booking (but not yet paid by me as I have not got confirmation from my bank) were not available any more. It was less than a week before my arrival. So, I finally had to rush to find other hotel which fortunately I did find a very good hotel and cheaper and guess what, I book it via email and I don't even need to pay in front (I paid when I check out), so I can avoid any charge from credit card and also higher rate.

I did not blame them because I have not paid and for business purpose, I can understand that they will give the room to other who paid first. But I will very appreciate if they informed me before they gave the room to other person. (nb. they already confirmed to book the room for me)

So, for you who want to book, my advice is to pay first to ensure you got the room.

Room Tip: Booking confirmation via email means nothing if you have not paid. No payment means no booking.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Marco M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Amici Miei Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
It's very easy book our hotel, we want this and we have different way to do this.
But your way was this:
On 6 th of march you contacted us, two days later you changed plan and on 9 th, 12 hours later i replied about everything is ok .
One day later you replied to me about if i give discount, you will book , but at the same moment some our rooms are on websites online and people can book, so , 5 days later we have just one room available...what we can do ? We can not wait one week and keep closed our rooms cause you have to decide if book or not.
I am disappointed and concerned that these situations ruin our work.
Marco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

I just came back from a holiday in Phuket.  This time around I thought I wanted to stay around the Patong beach area.  A while back I stayed at the le Meridien which was OK but was a bit of a bother in terms of getting to the Patong area, the hotel itself was very nice but very quiet.

Going through the Tripadvisor list of places to stay, I decided that I wanted to try Amici Miei hotel as a reasonably-priced hotel that is close to the beach, though as other reviewers mentioned it's about a 20 minutes walk to get to the beach. The room that was provided to me was nicely appointed with dark wooden furnitures.  The bed was comfortable except the pillows were a little hard for me as I'm used to soft pillows.  It was fine except for the last night when I slept wrong and hurt my neck.  The room was kept clean everyday as was the bathroom, the bathroom that I got are of the "combine" shower/toilet type which was fine with me as there were plenty of hot water available.  This room was on the 1st floor and faces the back of the hotel and like other reviewers mentioned it could get a bit noisy in the mornings.

After a few days stay there I was informed that they have some repairs to do in the room so they are moving me to another room on the 5th floor - a deluxe room, my previous room was a standard.  I was fine with it.  The hotel has a cafe that served Italian dishes and coffee but I only had their coffee which was very good (coffee at other places including Starbucks tasted a little "chalky", maybe the water used I don't know) as I wanted to eat as much Thai seafood as possible and there are many restaurant choices nearby for local food, arabic, indian and western food.

The hotel provide some toiletries in the rooms but the Jungceylon mall is not more than 10 minutes away where you can get anything you could want.  At the mall you can shop or eat as there are many stores and restaurants situated there.  Also near the hotel (200 meters away?) is the Banzaan local market where they sell local wet and dry foodstuff.  Also every evening in front of Banzaan, there is a local night market where local stall food can be purchased cheaply.

Like I had mentioned, the Patong beach is about 20 minutes away which you get to by going through the Jungceylon mall and exiting it near one end of the infamous Bangla street.  Then you just follow Bangla street to the other end which is on Patong beach itself.  Another highly recommended place by Tripadvisor reviewers is the Sweet Lemongrass Spa which was mentioned to be close to Amici Miei but is actually about 20/30 minutes walk away, not really that near.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at Amici Miei, a nice place to stay with very nice local staff.  The hotel is well kept by the team of local ladies.  It is value for money in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Amici Miei Hotel? Share your experiences!