“GREAT 11 Night Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amici Miei Hotel

Save Saved
You added Amici Miei Hotel to your Saves list
Amici Miei Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   74 / 38 Soi Banzaan, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #34 of 273 Hotels in Patong
Edmonton, Canada
“GREAT 11 Night Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

After reading reviews of this hotel prior to our Phuket trip, I decided to contact the hotel for reservations. Emails were consistent up until our arrival. We were warmly greeted by Marco and Franco who helped carry our luggages inside! The hotel room itself is pretty standard for a budget hotel. Showers were hot, rooms were cleaned EVERY single day! Location is GREAT, about 10-15 minutes walk to the beach (maybe a bit far walk but you're in Thailand, might as well enjoy the walk and explore the streets!), a block away from Jungceylon Mall and 2 blocks away from busy Bangla Road.. far enough to avoid the noises at night but close enough to walk and enjoy the nightlife without paying for cab. Banzaan Market is just 2 minutes away, we went there to eat dinner every night! A variety of selection on street food, drinks, mini shopping.

Downstairs from the hotel also offers you a menu on breakfast and dinner if you wanted to eat in the hotel for a decent price. Have a beer in eating area too if you'd like with access to a complimentary computer & wifi, as well as a TV. Service was great! Front desk staff, cleaning ladies and the owners made our stay wonderful.

Only complaints during our stay was one night we left some snacks out on the bed while we went out and came back to a herd of little tiny ants on our bed at 3AM. We told the night shift guy and he helped us replace the sheets and let us know he will let the owners know first thing in the morning. We never seen ants again once the sheets were changed and cleaned. But that definitely did not ruin our stay in such a friendly hotel! Also, our air conditioner was dripping water but was fixed after we let the owners know.

Great stay, would love to stay here again next time I return to Phuket. Thanks Marco and Franco for the warm greetings every morning and a "good night" every night! To the wonderful front desk lady that made our stay enjoyable and comfortable. We will definitely be back :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I contact the owner via email to book this hotel and confirmed by the owner. Then I asked time to arrange with my bank to ensure that payment using my credit card will run smoothly as couple months earlier, I experienced that my bank reject the payment for overseas usage. Then the next day, I also asked the availability of the hotel for other day since I planned to arrived earlier. But to my surprised, they told me that the rooms that they had confirmed the booking (but not yet paid by me as I have not got confirmation from my bank) were not available any more. It was less than a week before my arrival. So, I finally had to rush to find other hotel which fortunately I did find a very good hotel and cheaper and guess what, I book it via email and I don't even need to pay in front (I paid when I check out), so I can avoid any charge from credit card and also higher rate.

I did not blame them because I have not paid and for business purpose, I can understand that they will give the room to other who paid first. But I will very appreciate if they informed me before they gave the room to other person. (nb. they already confirmed to book the room for me)

So, for you who want to book, my advice is to pay first to ensure you got the room.

Room Tip: Booking confirmation via email means nothing if you have not paid. No payment means no booking.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Marco M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Amici Miei Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
It's very easy book our hotel, we want this and we have different way to do this.
But your way was this:
On 6 th of march you contacted us, two days later you changed plan and on 9 th, 12 hours later i replied about everything is ok .
One day later you replied to me about if i give discount, you will book , but at the same moment some our rooms are on websites online and people can book, so , 5 days later we have just one room available...what we can do ? We can not wait one week and keep closed our rooms cause you have to decide if book or not.
I am disappointed and concerned that these situations ruin our work.
Marco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

I just came back from a holiday in Phuket.  This time around I thought I wanted to stay around the Patong beach area.  A while back I stayed at the le Meridien which was OK but was a bit of a bother in terms of getting to the Patong area, the hotel itself was very nice but very quiet.

Going through the Tripadvisor list of places to stay, I decided that I wanted to try Amici Miei hotel as a reasonably-priced hotel that is close to the beach, though as other reviewers mentioned it's about a 20 minutes walk to get to the beach. The room that was provided to me was nicely appointed with dark wooden furnitures.  The bed was comfortable except the pillows were a little hard for me as I'm used to soft pillows.  It was fine except for the last night when I slept wrong and hurt my neck.  The room was kept clean everyday as was the bathroom, the bathroom that I got are of the "combine" shower/toilet type which was fine with me as there were plenty of hot water available.  This room was on the 1st floor and faces the back of the hotel and like other reviewers mentioned it could get a bit noisy in the mornings.

After a few days stay there I was informed that they have some repairs to do in the room so they are moving me to another room on the 5th floor - a deluxe room, my previous room was a standard.  I was fine with it.  The hotel has a cafe that served Italian dishes and coffee but I only had their coffee which was very good (coffee at other places including Starbucks tasted a little "chalky", maybe the water used I don't know) as I wanted to eat as much Thai seafood as possible and there are many restaurant choices nearby for local food, arabic, indian and western food.

The hotel provide some toiletries in the rooms but the Jungceylon mall is not more than 10 minutes away where you can get anything you could want.  At the mall you can shop or eat as there are many stores and restaurants situated there.  Also near the hotel (200 meters away?) is the Banzaan local market where they sell local wet and dry foodstuff.  Also every evening in front of Banzaan, there is a local night market where local stall food can be purchased cheaply.

Like I had mentioned, the Patong beach is about 20 minutes away which you get to by going through the Jungceylon mall and exiting it near one end of the infamous Bangla street.  Then you just follow Bangla street to the other end which is on Patong beach itself.  Another highly recommended place by Tripadvisor reviewers is the Sweet Lemongrass Spa which was mentioned to be close to Amici Miei but is actually about 20/30 minutes walk away, not really that near.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at Amici Miei, a nice place to stay with very nice local staff.  The hotel is well kept by the team of local ladies.  It is value for money in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2012
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Arriving into Patong, we hadn't decided where to stay. Our taxi driver dropped us off outside Amici Miei and we were very pleasantly surprised at what we got for our money. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are well maintained and we had a great stay. The location is great because it's set back a bit from the party scene of Bangla road but within easy walking distance so you don't miss out. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Each day I had the pleasure of being warmly greeted by Marco and Franco - whether it was morning or night time - do these two ever sleep! They provided directions to places and good advice on things to do. My room was very clean with a/c, a half fridge to store snacks and drinks, and TV. I learned later on in my trip to Thailand that some of these extras were harder to come by.

The location is about 10 minutes walk from the beach, and 5 minutes to a large mall where you can buy anything. Markets are plentiful also.

I particularly enjoyed the sound of the roosters in the morning. They were not loud enough to wake you up but they were pleasant to hear and a definite surprise in downtown Patong.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Amici Miei Hotel has room large enough for family of 3 - 4 at a very good rate in a very convenient location.

Hotel staff & Driver are friendly and helpful.

Thank you for a pleasant stay in Phuket.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Loved the size and location of this resort. Nice to have breakfast included. Having WiFi available was great. Our driver Tap was great, very polite and we enjoyed the time spent with him. Dinner at Ivan's was excellent.

I was down with our family while we got married. Bong was just super, not because we were getting married but that the attention to detail was fantastic. Very clean and comfortable rooms, honest and friendly staff, wonderful and safe beach environment and very good food. Try the banana pancakes.... out of this world with a first class view! I've been around this globe, and for the money, this place is on my short list!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Amici Miei Hotel? Share your experiences!