“kindness hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #247 of 298 Hotels in Patong
Japan
“kindness hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Employee is very kind.This is one of most important thing if you visit new places.You can feel very confortable with them.
Every place in Patong beach is located near this hotel.ex:You can walk to Bangla Road less than 10minutes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank hacodance

Hexham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Avoid this hotel. The management need a lesson in customer care. On the next to last day of my stay I was given 20 minutes notice that I would have to moves rooms to a higher floor and at the front of the hotel which is extremely noisy as another guest had booked my room!! I met the reception manager and owner and refused as I had only one night left. She informed me that if I didn't move I had to leave the hotel! after some heated discussion I refused. What hotel has this approach. The hotel feels dirty, the sheets and towels have holes in them and are grey and grubby. In the room is a sign how much you have to pay if you get blood on the sheets, blankets etc???????. One morning I went down for breakfast only to be told we are not doing breakfast this morning?? There are far better places at better prices in Patong

Room Tip: Use another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Alan C
Antonio p, ผู้จัดการ at Patong Residence Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hello Mr. Alan
I’m a hotel manager, I ignored your review until many of my regular guests started contact me about your review then I’m realized..
You have booked the room on AsiaRooms.com for 4 days and the room same on your requested been reserved for you on the 5th floor but you came 1 day earlier and that is not the problem even in that time our rooms have almost full of guests, so you have accepted to stay in the room available on 2nd floor for 1 night, I also said to you about your reserved room on the 5th floor then you told me about you have been motorbike accident also show me the pain on your arm and leg then asked me to stay on the lower floor but the same I said the rooms have almost full of guests and reservation, However I managed the room for your problem on the 3rd floor and done your request to move your all luggage I also said to you maybe on the last day of your reservation or if you would like to continue to stay you have to move the room because this room have reservation.
After that everything look going fine, We are never heard about something you been doesn't like in the room or in the hotel until the last day of your reservation came, In the morning I have reminded you to move to the only room available it’s better and the best type of room we had on the 2nd floor but you doesn't want to move not even have a look in the room and then you said to me you never been motorbike accident or heard from anybody about you have to move the room then I looked at the pain on your arm you have showed me yesterday then I think what happen here, between me and you conversation you also said if you have to move you will write bad review on the Trip Adviser, it was not nice to hear like you try to scared me just because you didn't want to move, unbelievable ! so I said to you if you doesn't like my hotel you can checkout and I will give you the money for the room back, In the end you didn't move or didn't checkout, I thought if my hotel it very bad the same you wrote on your untruthful review on the world wind network you will not wasted your time speck with me over than half a hour to stay in my hotel and you have been stay for 5 nights!
The story on your review is a good example and it was good for my staff experience. I would be “Thank you for your review ( If That The Truth )
We are Patong Residence Hotel always pleasures every review from our guests, All the review are recommended for us to do better and to be the best for our new guest or our regular guests. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

pros: acceptable location - 15-20 min walk to Patong beach, decent price (if you don't get charged hidden costs)

cons: American owner just took over the hotel and leaves the day-to-day operations to his Thai girlfriend and her friends. unfortunately they seemed to try including hidden charges when the American boss wasn't around e.g. trying to charge for stowing luggage after checkout, charging extra for bottled water, etc. running water was cut off for one night. overall my family and I left with a pretty negative impression.

conclusion: wouldn't return or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Antonio p, ผู้จัดการ at Patong Residence Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Hello Mr. Daniel SGSG
I'm manager of Patong residence hotel, I though you have wrote review to the wrong hotel because the owner or my boss he is not American.
About my hotel charged for stowing the luggage, If you have travel around and have stay in the hotel, You must know and understand after you have checked out you have to pay If you need to stowing your luggage at the hotel, It's normally and about the cost it would be the hotel 's decision.
My hotel cost for stowing the luggage is up to how long your stowing, normally 50-100 THB. for 1 luggage only, Sorry if that cost too much for you but I'm not think that much to made you wrote bad review on TripAdvisor.com about my hotel the same as 20 THB. for 1 bottle of drinking water ! Thank you.
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and asked for airport transfers ...nothing. We got there and we got put on the 4th floor. So many steep stairs to climb. Also we asked for the 200 baht motor bikes for hire we got told ok. When we went to get it we are told 300 baht, we said no, then the next day we get offered a 350 baht bike because we are average size people they told us we had to pay 350 but the bike was still the same bike designed for 2. On check out we got charged for water we never had, so many lies from the staff there, it appears they are only out to take money of you. We have had many trips to Patong and we thought we would try a cheaper hotel, but NEVER again, we come away from the experience feeling that the accommodation side and staff at this hotel were a BIG let down.

Room Tip: Rooms in any other hotel are best
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank brian u
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel has had a change of management over the last twelve months and is now owned and operated by three Italians. From the moment I arrived at the hotel they immediately made me feel at home ensuring that everything was taken care of including over 4 kg's of laundry which was cleaned and returned to me within 24 hours of me handing it over to them.
The three owners are able to communicate in a number of different languages, know all the hot spots, restaurants, beaches and were even able to arrange excursions for me right in the lobby. The room itself was very comfortable, quite large and included a balcony that overlooked the mountains. I will also mention that it was cleaned daily, without the need to prompt the owners or their staff. The Italian style breakfast that was on offer was the icing on the cake!

The hotel was perfectly located near Bangla Road, the Muay Thai stadium, the beach and all shopping districts plus you can hire a motorcycle from the premises.

In summary, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone who wishes to stay in Patong, Phuket as the only thing that is better than the excellent value for money is the outstanding service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Avi M
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great place to stay! I was there 9 days in November 2012. Employes there are friendly and are prompt at arranging taxi services.

The venue is close to restaurants the the main shopping centre Jungceylon and Bang La Road!

Room Tip: Balcony views are great and spacious
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

A friend of us recommended me this hotel which we found to be of great value for money. For a budget price you can get a nice room newly decorated and with a powerful AC unit. The staff is very friendly and if you are lucky to meet the owner in the morning, you can obtain some very good advices on shoppping, restaurants and sightseeing tours. The plus side is that the hotel is not managed by local people so you can experience the thai hospitality with that extra european touch which on my opinion takes the service a step ahead of the others
I will definitely be coming back at this lovely hotel and I have already mentioned it to all friends of mine.
Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: An upgrade is well worth if you love a room with big balcony!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends