“Pretty Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Sweet Restaurant

The Sweet Restaurant
Soi Patong Tower, off Beach Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 396 Restaurants in Patong
Surrey, England
“Pretty Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Popped in here for lunch the other day based on T/A reviews. Lunch was ok, I had the shrimp curry, but very bland and couldn't make out any distinct flavours. Service was ok as well, and price reasonable.

Visited October 2012
wal99_11, Owner at The Sweet Restaurant, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Sorry we did not meet your expectation, Staff always ase what level of taste you require, We have mass numbers that like it tasty, spicey that you can actually taste the flavours with each food group you try not blow your head off spicey, You are possibly in the top end All customers are encouraged to advise staff if their food is too much or too little, We like to meet everyones taste, Wal

• Polish first
qld, australia
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had a lovely visit to,Sweet..even open when there was a blackout. Staff were very good and Wal was charming. Food was lovely, cheap and good variety. Would go back again when next in Patong. Thank you.

Visited September 2012
wal99_11, Owner at The Sweet Restaurant, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thanks for your kind words, I do prefer "well priced" rather than cheap though, Sorry for the blackout we have had two more since when you were here. Staff love the unusual as you could see during the power failure, even the kitchen staff had a laugh. I thought it rewarding when the lights came on we were nearly full. Everyone kept comming even though the lights were off and only candles and a couple of emergency lights to cope with. Never a dull moment in Thailand. Take care. Wal
sydney
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great place to go for a cheap meal with friendly staff. My wife and i have eaten here many times and look forward to going back on our next trip!!!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thankyou for your favourable review. As you have found we do it as well as the top end restaurants if not better. At least the food and service are better, if we were right on the Beach Road rather than in a side street we could provide greater ambience. But who needs it we love what we do and do it well over 400 meals every night at the moment. Hope the rest of your vacation was as good, Wal
Caroline Springs, Victoria, Australia
“Great location, service, food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have eaten here on our holiday and has impressed on every occasion. The food is great tasting and good sizes. The staff treat you and the kids exceptionally well. The kids always are given a little treat (mentos) which makes them feel very special. All these little things make a good experience great. We have made this our local eatery and will recommend to friends and family.

Fitzsimons family

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
wal99_11, Manager at The Sweet Restaurant, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Its my job looking after customers. we like to take care you like family and my staff treat children like there own. Its good having them in my shop. Thankyou for your report. Boy
Sydney, Australia
“Horrible - inedible food (apologies to the waiters that tried so hard)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

First up, we want to thank the lovely waiter that tried so hard to please.....BUT - there is a lot of choice in Phuket/Patong. Sweet shouldn't be amongst your preferred choices. We had a table of 7 and two became sick after eating here. The beef and pork dishes that we ordered were inedible - hard and chewy like the proverbial old leather boot. We left without trying to eat then picked up takaway on the way home from a roadside vendor.

Very disappointing. We hope that:

1. the owners desist from advertising this as an Aussie destination restaurant; and
2. the guy that dresses up as a cop/naval captain (the Manager?) starts taking it seriously rather than creepily approaching the unhappy diners.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
wal99_11, Owner at The Sweet Restaurant, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I am sorry you had some bad experiences in Phuket, However I cannot accept the comments you have made about the restaurant. This is not an Australian destination rather a Thai Rerstaurant that provides some western food. If your food here ( Thai Food) was as you say a good Aussie would bring it to the notice of staff who would correct any problem. My staff always meet the needs of customers especially when a meal is too spicy or not spicey enough. Meals can be changed if they are not what the customer expected.
We have fresh food every day and cleanliness is a priority. I do not believe you got sick here.
We prepare around 300 meals each night at the moment and pride ourselves of being one of the best restaurants in Patong at the prices we offer.
As far as the person in uniform, that is me and it is not a ships captains uniform but the Kings Uniform of the Royal Thai Police. When I finish at the restaurant each evening I work with a group of Volunteers taking care of Tourists in Patong. Out of uniform I do take the advantage of speaking to as many customers as I can. When I approach a table I judge wether people want to have a chat or not, when their food arrives I do not approach. I do not remember you from your pix so I cannot comment re any conversation. We have thousands of customers each week who return, that is satisfying for us.