“Above average food but not really great” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 479 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Above average food but not really great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Visited because of the reviews on Trip Advisor.
Very stylish restaurant with a very professional staff.
Being a european with a taste for italian food I was lookin forward to this visit but cant help being a little disappointed.
The menu is interessting and beyond what the traditional italian cuisine.
First we were served some bread: the olive oil and the balsamico was very, very good. Unfortunately the bread itself was pretty trivial and plain.
The first course (as the main course) was fish. Big servings and nicely put on the plate.
I cant put my finger on exactly what was mising, but in my opinion the food was a little anonymous.
The same is true about the main course.
But after eating I felt full in a good way, so the food is definately worth eating.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

“Best Restaurant in Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend had the pleasure to be in Phuket for second time and of course if you go to Phuket you must go to Acqua Restaurant which it's defenetly the best in the area.
We've been welcomed in from Hostess Michela, she was so kind to arranged a table in front of the open kitchen and she made sure trough the evening that everything was perfect....and was defenetly another amazing experience !
Michela suggested few new entires in the menu so we tried the spicy octopus and the black ink risotto with Sicilian prawns and sea urchin and I must admit I never tried anything so tasty and delicious !
Was amazing to see in action chef Alessandro and his well trained team, we defenetly love this restaurant and the kind staff!
Michela suggested us to go and visit Bocconcino their new Italian Restaurant and supermarket. Looks like you entering A little Italy!
They bake fresh pastries and bread every day and it's simply amazing the way they work! We buy some fresh Panini to take to the beach and we defenetly loved it and decided we'll come back every day ! I really suggest anyone going to Phuket to visit Acqua and Bocconcino

Phuket Town, Thailand
“Suprerb but super expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Make no mistake, this is one of Phuket's 5 most expensive restaurants. But other than the hotel eateries around, this is owner/chef operated and he takes his job seriously. Modern mediterranean cuisine, perfect presentation and fresh ingredients only. They also own a deli called Boconchino and import their own food from Italy, which helps. Drawback is the arrogant European waitress and - well - the feact that per person you pay around 5,000 baht (well over 100 Euro). For special occasions.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Never disappointing. Consistently good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

You can review a meal after one visit, but it takes a few visits to really review a restaurant. We visited Acqua in Feb 2013 after a hiatus of almost a year and it was good to experience the same ambiance, service and quality as before. When the owner works in his own kitchen one expects high quality and it seems the owner, Chef Alessandro, is ever-present. Particular favorites are the mozzarella with tomatoes, the cheese and rocket risotto and the sea bass. The bread, as many reviewers have said, is very special. Not cheap but there are plenty of lower quality restaurants in Patong charging more. Give it a try

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Don't bother ordering a takeaway pizza-they even admit they can't cope”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Met by a surly Russian hostess the negative tone was set immediately. Without questioning my needs, she stated "No Chef Alessandro is very strict. No takeaway!" I explained I had called earlier querying the possibility of delivery. That was not possible but takeaway was. The surly one said pizza could take an hour or two to make. "Perfect" I said. I will return in 1 1/4 hrs. So a time was agreed to. Upon my return I was deliberately ignored for five minutes whilst watching the pizza chef make dough-aka not too busy! When I finally got the attention of a waitress and was promptly dismissed again, a few minutes later a cold pizza appeared for 589 baht. What a shocking way to end a fabulous 8 weeks in Thailand where I have eaten at so many wonderful restaurants with impeccable service. Much room for improvement including dismissing the hostess.

• 1 of 5 stars