“The Sea” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Sea Patong

Save Saved
You added The Sea Patong to your Saves list
The Sea Patong
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   5 / 56 Haad Patong Rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #36 of 320 Patong B&B and Inns
Gympie, Queensland, Australia
“The Sea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Sea Patong is great. Rooms are clean maybe a little dated, service is great, staff very helpful, and the included breakfast that is served next door in The Nap hotel is to die for......great breakfast variety and plenty of it. I would definatley stay here again.
Great location, only about 10 minutes walk from Jung Ceylon (Shopping Centre). Nice and quiet but no views from our room. Nice pool and good views from that area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The rooms are very big and have a nice design.. Free minibar... Its very close to the beach and 5 min from the city center. Great breakfast on the top of the hotel. I would stay here again for sure. The pool is a bit small, but who needs a pool, when the ocean is 2 mins away.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at The Sea Patong from 11 Dec - 15 Dec 2012. We were given room 206. The room was huge. With an additional bed added, there is still plenty of space to move around. Room was neat and clean. Bed was comfortable, toilet and shower were split into 2 rooms. Toiletaries were provided. No complains. They have a fridge with soft drinks provided free of charge. Nice gesture. DVD player also available in the room, we bought DVD and watched them in the room, no issue but u must rem to turn up the volume in the player and not on the TV.

Breakfast was at NAP hotel next to The Sea. Breakfast was good. Whenever we returned from outside, we like to sit at NAP hotel as the lobby was very spacious, nice and modern.

Pool was on the 6th floor. Pool size was small (well afterall this hotel is not a resort type of hotel) but we have the pool to ourselves whenever we went up for a swim. Haha. The beach was just a 3 mins walk from the Hotel.

The hotel provides 2x shuttle bus to Jungceylon mall. 11am and 2pm. Too bad, it is just one way. The journey to Jungcelyon mall is abt 10-15 mins walk.

Staff at hotel lobby was polite and friendly. They greet us whenever we walked past them. The chambermaids were very friendly too. They will stop their work to greet us whenever we walked past them as well.

My only complain abt the hotel is the balcony view. Each room has a spacious balcony but my room balcony was facing another building wall. Sad. If it facing a street, I would be happier. Totally nothing to see and the aircon from the next building was very noisy so I dont like hang ard at the balcony.

The hotel lobby was quite deep in, wish it is nearer to the roads. There is a PC available at the lobby for guests usage. Free wifi is available in the hotel.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. For the kind price I paid, I cant complain. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed December 2012
Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is my 3rd review of this hotel. I've actually lost count of how many visits I 've made to this ideally located hotel which I called 'home'.
As a freelance tour leader, though I'm always tempted by other so called 'better rates' received from various hotels in Patong area, but i'm always reluctant to try out and change to other similar sizeable hotels as i do not wish to risk compromising the service standard which has firmly 'rooted' in my heart.
As far as sizeable boutique hotels are concerned in Patong area, the service here is second to none(if it is not the best). I only have praises to sing for this well-managed hotel thus far. Whenever i think of Patong, I think of TheSea - You're always on my mind. Cheers!

Room Tip: Same room interior across the board but any high floor room will be good if you like it windy. 5th f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from Phuket yesterday with my family.Spent 4nights at The Sea n all I could say is it was great! Front desk staffs were friendly n helpful.Rooms clean,spacious n beds were comfortable.Free mini bar n good wifi.there were umbrellas in the room in case u need it .Breakfast at the Nap was great n love the fresh juices .staffs there were unbelievable,they greet u whenever they see u,good job guys!In short I would for sure stay there again when back to Phuket.keep up the good job!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Sea Patong is a sister hotel of the luxury resort, The Nap Patong. They are located side by side. A small boutique hotel that has a modern tropical feel.
The room is well designed with basic neccesarities and big comfortable bed and pillows! It has a sofa in the room as well as a couch in the balcony.
But the basin is outside bathroom area which is quite weird. Bathroom area is quite small but comfortable enough.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This post is rather overdue... Taken in March during our 6 days stay in Patong-Karon-Krabi.
Went with my 2 other female friends and we arrived at night... The only minus point was the electricity was cut off a few times (something to do with the auto sensor of the balcony)... But it was kinda spooky (in a fun way) to hear 3 girls screaming in the room... After a few times, each of us got tired of screaming and we learnt how to operate the balcony door. Haha! But seriously I would have panic if I was a single traveller. Hope by now, this prob has been rectified :)

Other than that electricity cut problem, we had no other qualms... I am a fussy traveller so when I said this place is ok, means its acceptable.

Rooms: surprisingly even with 3 single beds, the room was quite spacey… I love that the hotel has separate shower, toilet and washing area… Very useful for triple sharers like us… Love the balcony too although it can be very chilly and windy at night.

Location: 10-15 mins walk to Soi Bangla but I did not mind the walk as I prefer to be far from the crowd... But its very near to the beach, less than 5 mins walk.

Service: the frontdesk staff was very friendly and attentive, even though I had no mood to talk to her after working and rushing to the airport for this trip… And when we got the electricity cut, the staff was quite fast to come to our room to rectify the prob, twice to be exact.

Others: Breakfast was basic, generally ok. But you cannot expect a lavish buffet breakfast when you paid for a budget price, don’t you?

I wouldn’t mind coming back here again, even as a single traveller as long as I don’t get the electricity cut again. Otherwise, this place is good value for $$ and I love it :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Sea Patong? Share your experiences!