“Lovely friendly place would highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adonis Guest House

and 1 more site!
You added Adonis Guest House to your Saves list
Adonis Guest House
143 / 34 - 35 Rat-Uthit Road | Paradise Complex, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #7 of 338 Patong B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly place would highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Nice clean rooms with Air conditioning
Friendly Staff
Location is very good for Patong Gay scene and only 10 minutes from the beach
Would highly recommend

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

This guest house is located in a very quiet corner of the Paradise Center. The location & quietness is one of its best characteristic. From Adonis you can walk everywhere. A little far away (well if a 10 minutes walk is far) from beach but for shopping and night life less than 5 minutes. I've always needed a motorbike when in Phuket - this time though I was able to walk all the time.

The guesthouse is very clean and in room facilities are very good. I stayed in the deluxe suite (b1800) however I think these are a little high priced - equipped kitchen means only plates & cutlery with microwave, toaster and kettle. No tea towels, no knifes or chopping boards to cut up cheese or tomatoes. Given the extensive selection of good cheap food nearby I wouldn't stay in the deluxe room again - although the size of the room is very large if that is what you are looking for. As I said before the rooms are spotless - always very clean. When you have a busy day out it is nice to come back to a quiet room - you will get this at Adonis.

From a service perspective this place was excellent. I had a great welcome not only at the beginning but each time I saw May at reception. She is a gem, so friendly and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We thought the hotel was overpriced for what it offered. My husband and I stayed in a deluxe suite and arrived to find a wet spot on the clean(?) sheets, some hairs in the bathroom, and the bathroom floor covered with water. We soaked up the water with a towel and the water returned - there was a leak somewhere. It was late so we waited until the morning to alert the front desk about the leak. We were gone for the day and when we returned, water was still all over the floor but once we soaked it up with ANOTHER towel (now a total of 4 wet towels covered our floor - none of which were picked up by hotel staff), the water no longer leaked. We think the hotel changed the water hose for the spray nozzle next to the toilet.

The shower curtain was covered in mold at the bottom and a few other questionable stains. Otherwise, the room seemed clean and provided a lockbox and lockable drawer for valuables in the room. There was a 3rd floor sitting area with tables and books but the hotel did not provide breakfast (we thought this was standard in Thai guest houses). The location is in the middle of Patong nightlife (near gay bars we have heard) and also near the dirty action of Bangla Road (interesting walk at night for people watching). The beach is about a 10 minute walk down the road and the Patong beach is so crowded with tourists that we didn't hang out there long - although the water and sand is GORGEOUS. Instead, we opted for two day boat tours - one for Phi Phi Island and one for Ratcha Yai Island. Both are highly recommended!

We expected more value for the price (1800 baht/night) but overall it was a safe and comfortable environment. The front desk staff always seemed to be sleeping, cooking, or just getting out of the shower, and was a bit hard to communicate with (limited english) but they were friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
timmy9765, Owner at Adonis Guest House, responded to this review, December 31, 2010
We are very proud of our Trip Advisor status as the Number 1 rated Guest House in Patong, so it is disappointing to get a review from a guest who clearly did not receive the level of service that others have received, and we apologise unreservedly.
There can be no excuses to justify the negative points raised, and the staff have been advised accordingly. We will never become complacent, and action will be taken to ensure that such problems do not happen again.
Like most Guest Houses in the area, we do not currently offer breakfast, but we are continuing to review this possibility. However, our ongoing research has shown that the majority of our guests have indicated a preference to have breakfast at one of the nearby cafés and restaurants.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

Recommend staying at the Adonis having stayed there during Oct' and Dec' 10. The rooms are clean, spacious, superb value for money and everything works. My girlfriend and i stayed in 3 hotels and 5 guesthouses during our 2 month holiday in Phuket/Phi Phi and we agreed that the rooms at the Adonis were the best. Phil and the staff are very helpful and friendly and its location is perfect being down a quiet street but only a short walk to the nightlife and the beach.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

In crazy Patong Adonis Guesthouse is a wonderful retreat away from the party crowd. I stayed 6 nights at Adonis (I came back 3 times during 3 weeks) and I can only recommend it. Its located in the center, about 10 minutes from the beach and near shopping and restaurants. The rooms are spotless clean, the staff really cool and fun. Free wifi works perfectly and if you do not mind the ladyboys in the neighborhood this is a perfect spot for your holidays in Patong.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Stayed 2 times 2 nights at Adonis. I liked the location and service. Everyone is friendly. Thank you May :-) The laptop drawer is great! Normally I put my laptop in my suitcase as the safe is to small. Not at Adonis. Only disadvantage is the low bathroom door. I bumped with my head against the rabbat. But May and her friend helped me with my injury. Next time I should be more careful.

Next time I will stay here again

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
West Malling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

This was my third stay at Adonis Guest House and have yet to find any reason not to stay here again in the future as it really is a home from home and excellent value for money. Since my last visit Phil has made further upgrades to the rooms and the new décor throughout is fresh and appealing. The friendliness of all the staff makes staying here a real pleasure and the addition of room snacks on top of the well stocked and sensibly priced mini bar means that there are no hidden shocks at the end of the stay. The room was cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis and there was always plenty of hot water on-tap . Security is excellent and always having a member of staff on the front counter, CCTV around the building and coded room safe and lockable lap-top drawer really brings peace of mind. From experience I would recommend booking early as the popularity of Adonis means that rooms go quickly!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Adonis Guest House? Share your experiences!